“Excellent service, very clean” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Sherwood Park
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Excellent service, very clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Very new clean hotel. Staff were very friendly. Attended a conference and Frank and the staff went over and above what was required in order for us to have the best experience possible. Staff very considerate about not vaccumming the conference room when they knew guests were sleeping in nearby rooms, as they let us stay in room after conference over so we could visit. All our requests were handled with courtesy and in a very timely manner. Breakfast was included with price and was excellent with a wide variety of food including making our own waffles. Didn't use the pool this time but definetly would bring my family back to stay. Close to Millenium Place, restaurants, shopping.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The staff at this hotel went above and beyond what I expected. Always very polite, helpful, excellent service! We had our last retreat in Banff at a very expensive hotel and there is no comparing! We didn't have to travel so far, the room was spotless (believe me I checked!), we all wanted to take the beds and pillows home (slept like babies). The breakfast room was well stocked. But honestly the staff was the icing on the cake. I will return and will recommend this oasis to friends and family. I wish there were more hotels like this one out there!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was recently there with a group of my friends. The hotel staff went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and well looked after. They were very considerate of us as individuals and of our group. I would book with them again in an instant!
The rooms were very clean and quiet. When we asked for some extra glasses for our room, they were hand delivered right away, plus then the front desk called 5 minutes later to make sure we got them. The over all service was exceptional!

Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been to many retreats/conferences across the country over the past years. The retreat I organized and also attended in Sherwood Park, Alberta was just fantastic! Never has a hotel staff treated us and all the guests as if we were actually their family! Little touches of treats in the rooms, flowers at the registration table and so much more! Their staff was courteous and always so kind and accommodating even with some of our strange requests! All of the registered guests I had thought this was a fantastic hotel experience and look forward to returning again! Thank you Frank D. and all of your hard working staff!

Room Tip: The mattresses and pillows were such good quality I was impressed! I saw many of the rooms and all...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Moose Jaw, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The rooms were nice as it was a new hotel. Check-in late at night was good and the breakfast room was good. And then........

a) Guys with metal ladders clanging and banging in the pool area while we are trying to enjoy an peaceful am swim. TIP: Do your maintenance pm when the guest are not there. Fire alarm in full operation between the ladder guys.
b) FIRE Alarm drills am starting 9:30 am??? Guys knocking on my door and wanting to come to check room while we are trying to get dressed? Guy with hat hanging outside (staff) our door till we checked out. We were basically rushed out of our room at 10:00. So much for valuing the guests. "We gotta do the drill man" is his answer?? TIP: Do your drill at 11:00 WHEN YOUR GUESTS HAVE CHECKED OUT!!

The operation of this hotel is done at a clueless level with little consideration for the guests.

People that travel want peace and quiet and we want to be able to enjoy our stay. The staff dresses professionally and smiles but that is about it. Obviously Best Western has some serious issues at the corporate level in general if they can allow a hotel to be run in this manner and a guest to be treated rudely (guy hanging outside of our door texting till we left).

I left a card expressing my concerns at the hotel. NO RESPONSE. Rule one of business is respond to customer concerns. WE DON'T CARE is the general feeling I get from my stay at that particular hotel. Another example of poor customer service.

We were recommended this hotel by a business that brings in clients on a daily basis to the area. We let them know that we were definitely not pleased with the recommendation.

Room Tip: Stay at the Coast or another nearby hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Right from check in to check out, was a fantastic experience. We were treated like VIP's, enjoyed the pool, great AC in the room. Phoned the desk at about 10pm to get sheets for the fold out. Had em in 2 minutes.
Had a fresh fantastic breakfast the next morning. Clean, convenient, everything you look for when away from home. Strongly recommend the BW Sherwood Park!

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I have never spent time in a hotel where the staff greets you like a friend or a family member. They consistently went above and beyond for our group.

We had approximately 40 women spend 2 days in the hotel and Lakeland meeting room. On numerous occasions Tim would be checking to see if he could get us coffee or hot water or anything before we had a chance to ask. Frank was amazing the whole time we were there. He checked in to make certain our group was well attended and made certain if he wasn't available to us that someone else was.
The pool area was fantastic, it's so nice to be able to use a hot tub that is hot and not lukewarm.
The fitness centre is in such amazing shape for any hotel, regardless of age and the cold towels and bottled water offered complimentary truly put them over the top.

I refuse to allow my friends and family to stay anywhere else if I can help it. Such an amazing experience, which is so rare for hotels.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Sherwood Park Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!