“Feels like home!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Sherwood Park
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Feels like home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

I have never spent time in a hotel where the staff greets you like a friend or a family member. They consistently went above and beyond for our group.

We had approximately 40 women spend 2 days in the hotel and Lakeland meeting room. On numerous occasions Tim would be checking to see if he could get us coffee or hot water or anything before we had a chance to ask. Frank was amazing the whole time we were there. He checked in to make certain our group was well attended and made certain if he wasn't available to us that someone else was.
The pool area was fantastic, it's so nice to be able to use a hot tub that is hot and not lukewarm.
The fitness centre is in such amazing shape for any hotel, regardless of age and the cold towels and bottled water offered complimentary truly put them over the top.

I refuse to allow my friends and family to stay anywhere else if I can help it. Such an amazing experience, which is so rare for hotels.

• Stayed May 2013

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I travelled to Sherwood Park to watch our granddaughter perform at an Irish Dance competition the last weekend in April. We had booked our hotel in Feb. as these events are very popular. When we arrived at the hotel they didn't have our reservation and as we forgot our confirmation number, the clerk, Kendra, called other hotels in the area but we were not registered there either. Kendra and her manager, Brittany were able to do the impossible and find us a room for the 2 nights when the hotel was booked solid. They treated us respectfully and kindly even when it later turned out we had indeed booked another hotel farther away and apologized for all the trouble. Both women were very gracious and told us they were there to serve us. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Best Western Plus. I would also like to commend Sully who looked after breakfast for parents, grandparents and many little dancers each morning. He was calm and smiling through a very busy time. The food was hot and excellent. The hotel was clean and welcoming. We travel a lot and this is the first time I felt I had to let people know about this wonderful hotel and the excellent service we received.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've never really been a fan of Best Westerns but my co-worker booked me there on my first visit on business to Sherwood Park. I was pleasatly suprised with the "excellence" in service and accomodations this branch had offered. I also noted that Best Westerns where individually owned and operated and if ALL the branches were run like the Sherwood Park branch then BW's would my#1 choice for business stays. On one night I stayed, I did not have a good nights sleep ( through no fault of their own) because there was a group of families that let their children play in the hallways that night running from room to room. I did not complain since I have kids of my own and know how loud they can be at times. But the breakfast and coffee made up for it the next morning. On my following stay I did bring this up,the front desk supervisor and staff did let me know there was a dance competition in town and the hotel was fully booked with young competitors and their families The staff went an extra step further and upgraded me to room where I would not be too disturbed. It was an exectutive suite room and really only pennies more than the regular rooms I usually book. I was extremely pleased and appreciated that extra effort the staff put in to making my stay comfortable. I always recommend my co-workers to book there when on business trips to the Sherwood Park. I think my only recommendation is to somehow get the location on GPS from yellowpages fixed. I had a heck of a time finding the place on first visit. lol. Other than that the Best Western Inn Sherwood Park has made me a believer and earned a new fan.

Room Tip: Executive suite with seating area. Makes your stay feel more like home. Deifinitley more affrodable...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed in and we live in Hotels 9-10 months a year. They should be used as an example for the rest of Best Westerns. They could teach most of them a lot. Head office could learn from this Manager and his team. We cut back using Beat Westerns because they lost their quality This one is in a class of its own!!

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Sherwood Park Best Western Suites three times in the past year. This is new hotel with an excellent friendly staff; at reception but throughout hotel as well- breakfast room and maids. The hotel is immaculately clean with modern well appointed rooms with
excellent comfortable beds & bedding. very quiet and restful. lovely that it is non-smoking. Breakfast is included in the stay and it was great- well above average. Will stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
Fort McMurray, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is the second time I've been to this hotel and I can't say enough great things about the facility and the staff. From the moment you walk in you are greeted and taken care of. The friendly environment makes you feel more than welcome. The staff is very accommodating. Cheryl is amazing!! She literally does anything and everything to make sure your stay is fantastic! She is very personable and friendly. Donna is the same way. There are no words to describe how welcome I've felt during my stay. These two ladies alone would make me come back again! Their rooms are always clean and stocked, and there's a lot to do around the hotel. Overall, such a great experience and I look forward to staying here again in the future!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Sherwood Park Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!