“Unexpected Surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek

You added Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek to your Saves list
Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   919 Waterton Avenue, HWY #6, Pincher Creek, Alberta T0K1W0, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Pincher Creek
Philo, Ohio
“Unexpected Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The new wing of hotel was a pleasant surprise! We were just plane tired from driving over 400 miles in the Rockies. We did not have reservations and feel very fortunate to get a room at all. The rooms were tastefully done and a value for being so close to Waterton Park. The only draw back was the gravel parking in the rear was not well lit.

• Stayed July 2013
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments during your most recent stay with us. I was pleased to see your comments about the quality of your room in the newer wing of the hotel. Our staff work hard to provide a clean and comfortable room and I have shared your comments with them. Also, thank you for your note regarding lighting in the back parking lot. I am checking to ensure it is all working correctly and if required, we will add additional lighting for better security.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to our area.

Pincher Creek Heritage Inn and Convention Centre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had an excellent 2-night stay thanks to an exceptional service. Receptionist was very nice and showed us both older and new rooms so we can choose according to our needs and expectations. We have chosen a room in the new wing and we were very pleased, nice and classy with the most comfortable beds ever!! The breakfast was served in such a nice manner, we felt well taken care of. After a hike in Jasper we soaked in the hot tub and swim in the pool, excellent way to relax. Later in the evening we went to hotel lounge, where two young employees went over and beyond to make us feel welcome and happy. WOW!!!! GREAT STUFF, GREAT HOTEL, VERY WELL MANAGED!!!! Thank you all for making our stay such a pleasant one!!!! I would definitely stay again!!! Well worth it!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

There were smiles all around when we read your review! Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I was very pleased to read your impression of both the quality of the products you received as well the positive customer service that was provided. The staff work very hard and it is gratifying to see their extra efforts are recognized.

We have made recent upgrades to our hotel and are very pleased with the outcome in both our elite and standard guest rooms. We also have made upgrades to the public areas such as our cafe, lounge, and banquets. This was all done to provide a more pleasant stay for our guests. Your comfort and satisfaction is what we strive for.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Spent 6 nights here while in town for work. We got the summer special deal which included a free breakfast daily in the restaurant. Breakfast was always good and the waitresses were always fast and efficient, which was great as we were in town for work and not on vacation. We were in what they called the older section it was about $20 less/ night. The rooms were more than we expected when we decided on the older section. They had new very comfy beds, fridges and microwaves and were very clean. The front desk staff was very friendly and were able to print me off a form I needed to get printed off. The only negative and it wasn't really that bad, more of an inconvenience than anything, was access to the pool and fitness center. Most hotels I've stayed in you just need your room key to access these amenities, however, here you have to go to the front desk sign out a different set of keys and then go back to the front desk when you're done to return and sign the sheet showing you've returned them. I would definitely return to this hotel in the future if I find myself back in Pincher Creek.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I will be sharing your comments with the employees, as they will be very grateful to see that the extra efforts they make for our customers are noted and appreciated.

Most of our guests are here for business and we make great efforts to insure their stay is most comfortable, especially as they are here for extended time. We like to have them feel at home, this includes comfortable beds, great service, and great food. We appreciate our business guests immensely and always look forward to their return.

Our standard rooms are in the original wing of the hotel, which has been upgraded to be just as comfortable as our elite rooms. We make all efforts to maintain strong standards for rooms both in our standard section and elite section.

I appreciate your feedback about the pool and fitness centre and will be reviewing these comments.

Once again thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to submit your review.

Regards,

Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed just one night at Heritage Inn on our way to Waterton Lake National Park. We were struck by the friendliness of the staff. Their complimentary breakfast was good and set up a bit differently than others we have had in the past. Meaning that they had four hot food choices set out to choose from with wait staff to help if you needed any help.

A good place to stay – standard rooms are good – they all have new beds. The upgraded rooms looked tempting but we decided to go standard and were still very pleased.

Room Tip: There are two types of rooms to choose from. The standard rooms are less expensive but still very co...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your most recent stay with us and for the positive mentions you made about staff, the quality of your room and the value of the free hot breakfast you received. I will ensure these comments are shared with the staff. They work very hard and it is always nice to have such positive feedback from a guest. We appreciate your taking time to write this comment.

We recently upgraded our standard rooms and believe these are just as comfortable as our elite rooms. We are very glad you found this to your liking. All of our rooms are given the same detailed attention to cleanliness and comfort.

Once again thank you for the wonderful comments and I hope that if you are ever in our area again, you stay with us.

Heritage Inn and Convention Centre
Pincher Creek
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had narrowed our choice of motels down to 2 before we arrived into Pincher Creek. Once here though, the thought of a swim and hot tub was too tempting, so we paid the extra and stayed at the Heritage Inn. We too were greeted by very friendly staff. The lobby area is nothing fancy really, but our room in the new wing was very nice - a higher than usual ceiling, wonderful beds, nice shower, separated kitchenette area with micro, beautiful counter tops, tile floors, and perfectly spotless. The pool and hot tub area, also pretty new and perfectly spotless, has a nice high ceiling, lots of glass, nice tile work everywhere - very nice! We preferred a ground floor room, but a second floor room would have an even better view of the Rocky Mountains of the Waterton National Park. We had a very good rest and stay!

Room Tip: Get a room n the new wind facing south or south west, above the ground floor for a great view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, Assistant General Manager at Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and share your experience here at the Heritage Inn. I was very pleased to read your positive comments regarding the quality of your stay and your enjoyment of the pool and hot tub. I will ensure your comments are shared with the Staff. It is always satisfying and very motivating to hear our guests appreciate their hard work.

We look forward to having you back as our guest the next time you visit Pincher Creek and again thank you for your positive review.

Bill Fox
Assistant General Manager
Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Pincher Creek, Alberta
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly front desk staff and the Assistant General Manager. I was instantly given a coupon to use in their restaurant or lounge and was even offered help by the manager to assist me with my bags to my room. I chose to stay in an elite room which was basically their upgraded newly renovated section. I was more than pleasantly surprised. The beds were comfortable, the rooms were immaculately clean and well taken care of, and there was an elevator to the 3rd floor. I had two beds in my room, each in separate bedrooms, the bathroom had a window to the main room, and it was so spacious I never felt "crowded" at all.
I visited both the restaurant for breakfast and the lounge for dinner and was very happy with the service that was provided.
Upon check out the manager thanked me by my name, and I walked out after my stay thinking I would definitely return the next time I was passing through.

This is the level and quality of service that should be provided to customers! You don't see the attention to detail anymore in the corporate world of hotel business and it was a pleasant experience to feel that simple gestures have not been forgotten. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is in the area. Hats off to you Heritage Inn!

Room Tip: Pat the extra few dollars and get a room in the new section. Single, couple, or family you won'...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
HeritageInn_11, Assistant General Manager at Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with the Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre in Pincher Creek. We value your feedback and appreciate that you took the time to convey your satisfaction to us. Our staff strives to offer each and every guest a pleasant stay and I will definitely pass your review along to all our team members.
Our new section does have large and spacious rooms, which have been nicely appointed and we are glad that you enjoyed it. We have also made several upgrades to our standard room section and are in the process of renovating our public areas, which will add to the comfort and experience of our guests.
The next time you are in, I would personally like to thank you for taking the time to reflect on the quality of our service & your positive remarks. It was our pleasure serving you and we look forward to your next visit.
Bill Fox
Asst. General Manager

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre

Pincher Creek, Alberta

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stay in the new section ( back of hotel ). The rooms are generous in size and well appointed. Mini bar area has basic tea/coffee and fridge, added bonus microwave. We received a free upgrade- to a room with a separate bedroom (king bed), queen bed in main and a sofa bed! So great for a family or 4 or 5. The room also had heaps of storage and two bathrooms! If you are staying for more than a few nights the extra space is great.

Only downside, all pillows were too big and firm! Maybe two firm and two soft on each bed! Glad we brought our own pillows (we prefer soft pillows).

Restaurant is more casual - and food is OK. Huge portions though. Also we stayed Fri night and the special was an All you can eat Pasta and salad bar. You could select your ingredients and the chef cooks it for you, adding your pasta! Great for kids!

Room Tip: Ask for the new back section - and if you want the extra room with the king bed and 2 bathrooms it i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments. Our new wing is truly a great place to stay. Our rooms are large and very comfortable and we are glad you enjoyed it.

We have made several upgrades to our standard rooms and also are in progress of renovating our public areas and food & beverage departments. These improvements are planned to continue throughout the hotel in an effort to accommodate our guests more comfortably.

In regards to your comment about the pillows, I will look into possibly providing 2 different types of pillows to accommodate the different preferences of our guests.

I am glad you had a chance to take advantage of our “All You Can Eat Pasta Bar” in our Café. It has been very well received and truly satisfies individuals with a great appetite. Sports teams have always enjoyed this option.

I am glad your overall experience was positive with us from start to finish. We sincerely hope to have you and your group back with us in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us.

Heritage Inn Hotel and Convention Centre
Pincher Creek, Ab.

Been to Heritage Inn in Pincher Creek? Share your experiences!