“Only my room or???” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 High River

You added Super 8 High River to your Saves list
Super 8 High River
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1601 13th Ave | Behind Mcdonalds, High River, Alberta T1V1M6, Canada   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in High River
Edmonton, Canada
“Only my room or???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Our room had the worst mattress I've tried to sleep on in a long time. At 4:30 in the morning after several sleepless hours trying to get comfortable on the sunken worn out mattress, I opened the hide-a-bed and slept on it. You know hide-a-beds. They have a thin mattress, so it's no compliment to say it was better than the main bed.
Our room also had the old style CRT TV. I haven't seen one of these in years. I guess it wouldn't have been so bad in itself except the picture and sound would go fuzzy every few minutes before returning to normal.
I complained to the front desk clerk clerk when we checked out in the morning. She didn't seem to care and didn't make any note of the room or the problems. In the end I got a reduced rate for the night. Our bill went from $116 before tax down to $102. "The best I can do " I was told. Whoopee.
A sleepless night, a waste of money, and staff who don't care.
Whoever owns this place should take some interest in it.
Not so super.

Room Tip: Look in the room before you book in. See if it has a modern thin screen TV that actually works. Lie...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
WandaGM, General Manager at Super 8 High River, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention. I would love the opportunity to follow up with these concerns! We have extremely comfortable beds so this is so foreign to me as well, we strive to provide legendary guest service to every one who walks in and out of our door! It would be so great if you could contact me so that I can find out what room you were in and the staff that you dealt with as I do not take these things lightly and would love to rectify this situation for you! We hope that you'll give us the oppotunity to prove ourselves to you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have been staying at Super Eights for years. They came out as reasonable place to stay over night. Since the addition of all the amenities i.e. Water slides and weight rooms...... the prices have soared to an unreasonable amount.
If a person takes advantage of all that is offered....(hot dogs, cookies, fruit, breakfast etc. etc...... I am sure it is worth while but for someone who just needs a bed for a few hours not so.
Cannot fault the staff and hotels tho and still go there....... a welcome sight at the end of a long driving day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

WandaGM, General Manager at Super 8 High River, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel! We are always looking for ways and opportunities to improve! We will definitely keep your suggestions in mind! We look forward to the next time you stay with us!
canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Once again we over-drove and had to stop for the night, the only place left in High River was the Super 8.

The good: comfy bed ( the clean one ) and good pillows

The bad: filthy room...carpets were very dirty and had huge stains on them
: bathroom floor was covered in long black hair ( I have blond/ husband has brushcut)
:one queen bed had not been changed from the night before, full of hair and crumbs.
told the girl at the desk, she said she would have housekeeping come up and change it
they never showed.
:TV did not work at all and it was really old
:furniture in room needed a good cleaning and was very banged up as were the walls
:elevator and hallways were discustingly dirty and the carpets hadn't been vacuumed
:Hotel offers a breakfast but the state of the kitchen/food area was horrible... old food
all over the counters, not sure the last time it had been cleaned ... not food safe. We
ended up at McDonalds for breakfast, wasn't taking a chance at the hotel.
We did get a small reduction in the rate as we were checking out but my advice is to stay at the Ramada across the street instead.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WandaGM, General Manager at Super 8 High River, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I apologize that your stay was so unsatisfying. I would like to assure you that your comments and issues have already been addressed. We have extremely high standards here at the Super 8, and we take them very seriously. I would also love the chance to continue this conversation in person if you wish to contact me! We hope you will give us another opportunity to prove ourselves to you in the future.
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

leaving our last hotel a day early we drove to get nearer to banff and hoped to find a hotel,travelling through high river we noticed super 8 "sitting back" so drove in.after a tiring day we were greeted with a wonderful smile by cassie whom found then showed us the room she had to offer.cassie was very polite and helpful and also made some popcorn for guests to help themselves.this hotel is impressive,very clean reception and the rooms did not disappoint either.the beds were just right for a goodnight sleep and although i dont eat breakfast there appeared to be a nice choice,this was for a very reasonable price..there are plenty of eating places around if required,dvd shop just across the way and a small supermarket over the main road to stock up for your travel.a pleasant stay,thanks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We are so glad you enjoyed your time here! I will be sure to let Cassie know that she is doing a good job as we love to celebrate success here at the High River Super 8! We look forward to the next time you get a chance to stay with us!!
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Nice, good value, near several restaurants and handy stores. A very nice pool and a good breakfast selection & good air conditioning system & kitchenette. The staff were extremely nice.
The except??? :
The room smelled like old smoke and the TV was a relic.

Room Tip: The TV's are under review. I don't know what they can do about the smell. Remove carpet...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
WandaGM, General Manager at Super 8 High River, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about the Super 8 High River! It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay! I am happy to let you know that we are updating all of our TV's and this is to be done by the end of the year! Also, thank you for bringing the smell issue to my attention. I have followed up with this and we will keep a nose out for it!

Come back and visit soon!

Been to Super 8 High River? Share your experiences!