“Great for a stopover” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Yellowknife, Canada
“Great for a stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed here on a drive back to Yellowknife. Staff was helpful and responsive to my needs (there was an issue with the air conditioner in our room, we were immediately switched to another, no issues). Woman at the front desk very friendly and offered suggestion on where to eat besides the BP next door.

Room was clean, bathroom too. Nice to have the small fridge in the room too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Kathy Lee M, General Manager at Super 8 High Level, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Guest;
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at Super8 High Level. I thank you for taking time out to apprise us of your recent experience. We do value and respect every single comment our customers point out.

It is surely encouraging for our team when our valued guests respond to the efforts our team puts in making your stay an enjoyable one, thank you and it is greatly appreciated..
I will share your comments with our team.
It is always heartening to see our guest's return to our property and I do look forward to welcoming you back with us.

Unity, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This super 8, in general, exemplifies how a hotel should be designed, kept and maintained. There are a lot of elements of customer consideration built into this establishment.

It is very clean...everywhere.... rooms, halls, breakfast area.

The room (actually the whole hotel) was not completely modern, but tastefully pulled together in it's clever design.

The mattresses are fairly new, too firm for my taste (and I tend to like firmer mattresses). The linens on the bed, made up for the firmness with luxurious comfort.

The staff is prompt, friendly and courteous, but still gives you space ( I don't like to be greeted every time I enter the building).

The elevators, ice machine, and vending machines are away from the rooms in their own nook.

There are heavy curtains to block out light, on summer nights.

The in-room A/C system is less obnoxious than any I've seen.

The things that knocked my socks off though; was the pictures in my room are designed to create a spliced panoramic image (not really that noticeable till you actually notice it), also the housekeeping's intricate bathroom linen folding is kind of like origami (and not the the standard hotel fancy hotel washcloth folding).

My only complaint; pool was under construction. But I am happy to see them maintain it rather than not.

• 5 of 5 stars
Kathy Lee M, General Manager at Super 8 High Level, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
I thank you for taking time out to apprise us of your experience during your recent stay with us.
We are delighted to see our customers respond positively; imperative for the success of any business, thank you! Your comments are valued and respected by our team. .

With regard to your feedback of the pool, we are renovating it completely for the safety and also the novelty of our customers. This should be back in operation soon and for now we are aiming to start the Pool operation by end of July. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have had to go through.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us!

Grande Prairie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My stay was very good as always no complaints the people are very nice and very helpful. rooms are clean and well looked after.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Kathy Lee M, General Manager at Super 8 High Level, responded to this review, July 2, 2013

I will take opportunity of sharing it with our team.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

St. Albert
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is your typical rural Alberta Super 8. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the property and the friendliness of the staff. The pool wasn't working during my stay but the website was clear that it was not open and the reservation clerk said so when I made the reservation so no problem. In remote areas like High Level you can usually expect issues like this. I was very happy they told me up front because usually they don't.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Kathy Lee M, General Manager at Super 8 High Level, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
I have enjoyed reading that your stay was enjoyable and I thank you for taking time out to apprise us of your recent experience during your last stay with us. We value and respect every single comment our customers point.

I will share your comments with our team.
It is always heartening to see our guest's return to Super8 High Level and I do look forward to welcoming you back with us.

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a great hotel in High Level. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff is very helpful and friendly. They even have a few theme rooms. No restaurant but there is a Boston Pizza next door. Next door to the local museum, a must see if you can spare the time!

Room Tip: The back side has less traffic but also the train!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Kathy Lee M, General Manager at Super 8 High Level, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Allow me to thank you for complimenting us and our team with your positive comments. It is surely encouraging for our team when our valued guests respond to the efforts our team puts in making a stay an enjoyable one, thank you and it is greatly appreciated..
I will take opportunity of sharing it with our team.
We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights during a business trip. There are lots of hotel options actually for the size of city at High Level which was surprising. The pool area was under construction during my stay so I wasn't able to try the water slide, the gym facility was again standard affair. 1 treadmill, 1 bike, some free weights, the A/C in the gym worked which was good. Not much to say really, the room was clean, bed comfortable but otherwise, there was nothing special about the place. Was convenient that a restaurant was basically steps away from the hotel. When we arrived, their computer system was offline so checking in took more time than usual. At check out, staff was less then enthused, so again, it was an average stay.

• 3 of 5 stars
I thank you for the time you spared in apprising us of your experience during your recent stay with us at Super8 High Level. We always look at every comment as a learning curve and extend utmost sincerity.

With regard to your feedback of the pool, we are renovating it completely for the safety and also the novelty of our customers. This should be back in operation soon. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you have had to go through.

I do look forward to welcoming you back with us in future when the service is running.

Super 8 High Level