“Plastic forks,cups and cardboard bowls. Really?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drayton Valley

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drayton Valley to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drayton Valley
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 Brougham Drive, Drayton Valley, Alberta T7A 0A1, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE between 10-30%!
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Drayton Valley
Edmonton, Canada
“Plastic forks,cups and cardboard bowls. Really?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I would like to give these hotels a better rating than a 3 but I am so tired of having a "free breakfast", eating with plastic utensils and having cereal in a paper bowl. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The staff were wonderful.

I have written on maybe 50 comment cards how much I hate these utensils, never received a response from any of the chains ( best western, ramada or holiday inn) Shouldn't I expect something different more (read non-trash producing utensils) for 170$ /night!

Room Tip: Take road side, noisy plant on back side. Ps. There isn't a spa or room service my computer woul...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drayton Valley, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Salada90,

Thank you so much for your recent comments. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service. Most importantly, We'd like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel due to the utensils we use. We assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Barrie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice clean, comfortable rooms. You can walk to the hospital. A bit on the pricey side but caters to Oil and Gas customers. Would definitely stay there again. All services included hi speed Internet, large screen tv in rooms, terrific shower and good work out facility to keep you on track and refreshed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

After being turned away at the desk and being told there were no rooms, we went away and booked a room through Booking.com then went back to the hotel and got a room! The room itself was quite good with two queen beds, a good shower, big bathroom counter. The breakfast room had lots of seating and a lot to eat: pancakes, yogurt, 3 types of eggs, sausage, ham, cereals, etc.

I do wish they had just given us a room when we showed up rather than playing the "no rooms available" game and trying to stick us with a more expensive suite. As it was, we paid $149 plus tax for the room which I thought was excessive for what we got.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a reservation before even trying to get into this hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drayton Valley, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Theo58,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is nice to know that you found our room good. Meanwhile, I sincerely apologize for the experience you had with our desk staff. Rest assured that this issue will be looked into. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

To better assist you on your next stay, please do not hesitate to approach the manager on duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Western Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I like the HI Express chain - good value and comfort is the rule. This one deserves some particular praise, as I think the cleanest place I've ever stayed in.

I always do a bed-bug check before I accept a room, and it amazes me how much hair, fuzz, room service remains and dirt collects behind the headboard, between the bed and the wall and behind the night tables. This HI is the first place I've stayed in (including some luxury properties) that was spotless in those areas.

The property is newer, and the rooms are nice. The service was very good. The breakfast was good. The coffee was no worse than anywhere else. Only negative point - the card access on my room didn't work so I had to trouble the desk to let me in with their master key each time I returned.

The room air exchanger was noisey enough to wake me whenever the compressor kicked in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

nice size rooms with fairly new amenities, easy access to all areas of the town.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very happy with this hotel and have stayed here a few times. The ONLY complaint I have is the WIFI does not work at all. I called to front desk to advise of such a poor connection. I ended up tethering my iPhone to do ANY work.

When I talked with the front desk they said it was because they were full the internet was slow. This even happened after having an awesome connection of 95%!!!!

If you are planning to skype, voip, use the internet and even send email... it does not work ! :(

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Port Alberni, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

My husband and I would like to recommend this hotel in this industrial town of alberta. We stayed this week in this hotel. This asian guy named Jonathon was so pleasing and accomodating in making sure that we can get around safely in the neighborhood. He recommmend certain places to eat and visit. He even gave us a discount at Riverrock Grill.

We are not expecting a very engaging attitude coming from this fellow. He made our travel worthwhile.

The Food and Services is great. Holiday Inn made an impression because of the people who makes a difference.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Drayton Valley? Share your experiences!