“DUMPY...UNFRIENDLY...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Westwind Motor Inn

Westwind Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Drayton Valley
Westwind Motor Inn
You added Westwind Motor Inn to your Saves list
4225 - 50 Street, Drayton Valley, Alberta, Canada   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Drayton Valley
Edmonton, Canada
“DUMPY...UNFRIENDLY...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

My recent stay here was terrible. I didn't know I was in Korea town when I walked through the doors. The front desk clerk was very lazy, she couldn't even be bothered to get off her chair to greet us, she was also too busy playing on her cell phone...VERY unprofessional. Although that must be a hotel policy to play on your cell phones because the bar staff were doing the same thing instead of serving their customers. The rooms smelled of mold and just looked neglected and like no one cared what they looked like. This is all just a result of a poor General Manger and Owner.
Its really too bad that this hotel is like this because Drayton Valley is from what I seen a good little town. And this dumpy hotel is in a good location but unfortuantly just silly owners who dont have enough money to give this hotel what it needs some TLC
I'm telling everyone out there now DO NOT EVER WAIST YOUR MONEY please go and spend the extra 40 dollars and get a nicer more pleasureable stay somewhere else.

DUMPY...UNFRIENDLY...SMELLY...POOR EXCUSE FOR A HOTEL

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We spent 5 nights at the Westwind and were well pleased with everything. Staff went out of their way to accommodate our requests. The food in the restaurant was excellent and full breakfast from the menu is included in the room rate. There is a lounge/bar that was busy each night but we were never bothered with any noise. We even joined the young people there on Wed night for wings (absolutely delicious). We declined to join in with the kareoke......The only down side is a lovely pool area with a pool that is closed. Exercise room is good though......

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

When I saw this review I hesitate to go in but it's totally different from what its wrote down.
They said owner is changed last year and all room is renovated. Room has good flat TV and clean room. And right now it has good promotion room price $69 with morning buffet include. Although the pool is closed now, other service is great compare the price.

So if you wanna stay in drayton valley, it's worth to stay in west wind motel

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Camrose
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2007

We stayed one night at the Westwind Motor Inn and were very disappointed to discover a run down hotel. The front entrance was littered with garbage, the awning was falling down, we encountered a rude, unfriendly desk clerk, there were torn, freyed carpets in the hallways, peeling paint and badly stained carpets in the room and our non-smoking room smelled badly of cigarettes. I should mention however that the clerk who checked us out in the morning was quite friendly. On our way out the door we had to walk through an enclosed smoke filled foyer. A staff member was smoking in the entrance! Since a couple of us are allergic to smoke we were not impressed.

This hotel is in bad need of an entire renovation and a new night desk clerk. We booked another hotel in the same town and paid $20 more per night for a clean, new, modern, comfortable hotel which included continental breakfast. The Westwind is a rip off - the price they are charging considering the condition of the hotel is outrageous! We will never stay there again.

Stayed October 2007
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2006

We were to attend a wedding and the hotel we had stayed in on our last trip was totally booked. So we used the internet to find another hotel in Drayton Valley which came up with the Westwind. I called and booked the room for 2 nights and asked about the amenities with respect to internet in the rooms, pool etc.

When we got to the hotel I was shocked at how shabby it was and I thought it could use a good cleaning. However, the wedding was the next day so we checked in...how bad could it be we said.

We go to our room it is just off the lobby. As I walk in I am too stunned to even speak! The ceiling above my head is just 6 inches above me and being held in with sheet metal screws!!! The smell hit us first then the heat of the room as the air conditioning wasn't working. It was in the high 80F out and the room was sweltering...so we turn down the thermostat as far as it can go. I check out the bathroom. I see this white stuff all over the tiles around the tub and around the sink. At first I think it is a real badly cleaned up grouting job but closer inspection shows it to be mold!!!!!

I march back to the front desk and tell her our room is unacceptable! It is the only room they have she says. I ask if she has ever been in the room before and she says she had not. So I take her in.....she is as stunned as we were. I tell her I will not pay $120 a night for this as a Motel 6 would be a better value. I asked for our VISA imprint back and she does not argue.

She then tells me that it is probably best that I didn't stay. As the hotel is full of oil rig workers and they always get rowdy at night. Every night for the past while there has been a fight outside our room. She apologizes and I thank her for that.

We ended up at the GreenWood Inn in Edmonton (an hour away) for approximately the same money a night and it was extraordinary.

• Liked — Hated the place
  • Disliked — The mold in the bathroom or the ceiling held up with sheet metal screws...not sure which.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't even stop here. Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
GeneralMGRWestwind, General Manager at Westwind Motor Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2006
In regards to the complaint made towards the Westwind Motor Inn. I am deeply sorry for the bad experience that this person had in our establishment, it is not our policy to have our clientele leave without having a satisfying experience. I do agree that we had a problem with our air conditioners, which has since been rectified. As this is a very busy time in Alberta, all businesses are having staffing issues.

Once again, I do apologize to this person for any inconvenience at a time when a celebration was taking place.

Rose Lattman

Been to Westwind Motor Inn? Share your experiences!