“Dirty!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Didsbury B&B and Inns
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Dirty!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Floor & bedding was filled with cigaret burns, even though I had a non-smoking room. The hallway smelled of Subway.
When packing up in the morning I noticed the dirt and food crumbs all under the edge of the bed.
The main check in area is also cluttered and filthy!
My parents checked in several hours after I had, and were given a key to my room. They have no proper way of keeping track of who they give rooms too, they do bookings on sheets of paper.
The best part of my stay was leaving.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kitchener, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Not worth anywhere near the room rate charged. This hotel is doable for somewhere to lay your head for a night but wouldn't recommend for any longer than that. We had a room in the basement so no view, creepy and kind of dingy. Dated furnishings and bedding. Bed wasn't great for my back. Pillows are thin and worn. Air Conditioner/heater is noisy and old but works. The "Toast" bar breakfast is simply that; toast and bagels. The orange juice provided is actually cheap orange punch. I had the last cup of coffee half an hour prior to breakfast service ending and it wasn't refreshed. Room size is okay. Bathroom was semi-clean. If you don't look around the room too much you'll be fine, lol. Best part: free passes to the pool and hot tub at the Rec Center behind the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms may possibly be better on the main or upper level. Avoid the rooms in the basement.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The most disgusting place I have ever stayed! Very dirty, stained carpets, walls and sheets. Mold in the fridge and bathroom. Broken air conditioners in the halls. Told all guests have to share an iron so I could only have it for ten minutes. As a female I wouldnt feel safe stayin here on my own. Just gross and very weird. Stay in olds and drive in!

• Stayed June 2013
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here but will never again. Sheets were clean and bathroom was clean but everything else was very dirty and stained. The big black hair stuck in my facecloth that I discovered after washing my face was the last straw. Gross. Also couldn't seem to get a decent temperature with the heater and when turning the knob the whole front fell off and we couldn't get it back on, then I noticed a wire just hanging there too. I think with a paint job and getting some new furniture would make all the difference in the world and some things looked at. We made the best of it but will never recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

The one positive review for this place is dated 2004 - I too would have given it a good rating back then. In 2012 - it's become a nightmare. First of all, it is now the Didsbury Country Inn, having dropping it's affiliation with Super 8 a number of years ago. The condition of the hotel has deteriorated a lot over the years, as have the cleaning standards. The state of our room we checked into was appalling - dirty carpet, dirty lamp shades, unclean toilet, soap scum on tiles/tub. We asked for a clean room and were moved next door but the room was just as bad. Even the 20 year old TV barely works with a constantly blue tint to the picture. We stayed 3 days and even their cleaning during our stay was poor. They used our own bags we had in the room to line the garbage can and failed to re-stock the toilet paper. Oh, and they charged our credit card for the entire stay when we checked in... now I know why.

Room Tip: Ask to see room before paying for it - you may change your mind
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2004

Last September we stayed at this hotel with several of our relatives and occupied most of the rooms. The people were friendly and the service was great.
The place had easy access although it was not totally accessible as there were three or four steps to climb to be on the main floor. I had requested the main floor because I have trouble with climbing stairs.

• Stayed January 2005

Been to Didsbury Country Inn? Share your experiences!