“Bucket list - CHECK” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lucasia Ranch Vacations

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Claresholm
Lucasia Ranch Vacations
You added Lucasia Ranch Vacations to your Saves list
| Box 1206, Claresholm, Alberta TOL OTO, Canada   |
Burlington
“Bucket list - CHECK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Where to start???

Doing a cattle drive has been a bucket list check for me as long as I can remember and I can not think of a better place......

This was a gift from my husband that I will never forget for the amazing experience, horses, new friends from the local Ranchers, the amazing Alberta scenery and fellow guest but most of all from our host Wayne, Judy & Claudia.

I can not explain how wonderful this trip is!!!

From my accommodations, the incredible food prepared by Judy & Claudia daily, the endless efforts to feel part of their family from the moment I saw Claudia in Calgary to the moment I sadly said goodbye, the guest from around the world all having one common voice of horses (in many languages) my amazing Steed Dar, the rolling hills that truly take your breath away......This is a place you must see and experience.

So, if you want to experience a wonderful family, true ranch experience with incredible accommodations then look no further.

I travel extensively for a living and can honestly say there has never been a place I didn't want to leave until I went to Lucasia Ranch! I miss and think of it, all the critters and family more then they know.

I plan on making sure I return to my second home again every time I travel to Alberta!

Room Tip: The cabin was AMAZING but all the accommodations are great!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

What a magnificent experience we had on Lucasia Ranch. I wanted to impress my friend who came visiting from back home in Ireland so decided to book a couple of days out on a ranch, so after an email and a phone call it was all set up to stay at Lucasia.
As this was my first time to do anything like this I was not sure what to expect but when we arrived and were greeted by Judy and Claudia I knew it was going to be very easy to settle in and enjoy the hospitality and the surroundings.
We stayed in the ranch house which was fantastic could not find any faults at all. The food was excellent good wholesome homely cooking. "The homemade bread was awesome."
The horses were excellent easy to work with and very well trained. The sights and scenery on the trails were breath taking, What a lovely piece of countryside. We even got to herd some cattle with the boss himself Wayne.
All in all it was an amazing holiday although we only had a short stay, there is a little piece of me left in Lucasia. When saying our goodbye's it was like leaving home all over again. I will definitely be visiting many more times.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011 via mobile

A really nice Ranch in the midst of a wonderful countryside! The bedrooms are really comfortable. We stayed for two week in the homy pioneer cabin. The host and the Team were really frendly and they did everything for a perfect holiday. The food was fantastic (everything fresh cooked.. Yummy! :)! And last but not least; the horses were really good trained, perfect ride and enjoy the whole day out to see bears, moose, elks, deers, skunks and cows, cows and again cows! The bridles and Saddles were like the horses in a good condition! W'll going again to the Lucasia Ranch :)

• Stayed August 2011
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

Probably the the last time we will all holiday together. two sons aged 16 and 21 and my wife. Great food and very welcomed. Horse riding in the outback was superb and sitting on the deck at night on the rocking chairs was great. Lots of animals around especially Heidi and chuckie the dogs, cats too many to mention, ducks, chickens and horses.
Wayne and Judy were perfect hosts. you are made to feel very welcome, the food was superb and the lodge was first class. This was the best family holiday we have had and you must visit them.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Lucasia Ranch Vacations? Share your experiences!