“Neat place.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 7 Attractions in Cardston
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: This site features an impressive collection of horse-drawn carriages and provides exhibits relating their history and part in life during the 1800s.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Neat place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Fun stop on our trip. Huge collection. Fun little photo ops. Well kept up. Great tours, with very knowledgeable and friendly staff.

Visited July 2013

Seattle
18 attraction reviews
“Very Interesting!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I were staying near Pincher Creek at a lovely B&B. We decided to head up to the Remington Museum on a rainy day. Wow! Very, very interesting and sooo glad we visted!!!
In Steve N's review he talked about the hearse. What a kick! You really must see that and all the other interesting carriages, wagons, coaches, sleighs etc. etc. etc. We really enjoyed ourselves. We went toward closing so we had the whole place to ourselves.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
13 attraction reviews
“Glad we stopped”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Only stopped because it was rated a "GEM" in our AAA guidebook on the way to Glacier National Park along our route. AAA was right. We really enjoyed this stop even though we aren't of the horse and buggy era. Who would have imagined what a hearse looked like and that they had dump trucks etc back then. Just about every modern type of truck or car had a horse and buggy equivalent. Some great interactive exhibits also.
Newest buggy was from 1990's and made in my home state of Michigan. Who knew? The Remington is well worth the trip all by itself. Lucky we found it by accident.

Mesa
28 attraction reviews
“A unique visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very interesting place to visit - every type of horse-drawn vehicle imaginable is featured here. There are sleighs, chuck wagons, coaches and children's sleigns. It is the largest carriage museum in North America.

Sydney, Australia
13 attraction reviews
“The city girl was impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

On a day trip to Waterton Lakes National Park from Pincher Creek we headed South-East to Cardston to the World’s Largest Carriage Museum – The Remington Carriage Museum. Ok I ain’t no cowgirl and to be honest this would not be the first on my must see lists but as my parents were with us and my father was boasting of the greatness of the museum, we made this our first stop. Once I got in the doors I was surprised as you are brought back to the early era of horses and buggies. It covered the who, what, why’s and where’s of how the buggies started and how they evolved into the fine vehicles displayed. My mom even showed me the ones that were very familiar to her from her childhood. There are quite a few areas to see such as the Carriage Factory, the Restoration Workshop and endless types of carriages. Who knew there would be that many kinds of carriages? Don Remington a resident of Cardston first started this back in the 1950’s with a carriage he was restored for a Santa Clause parade. His hobby was a passion and he collected 48 vehicles over a period of 33 years. He donated them to the province of Alberta in 1987. They then built this museum and also supplied more vehicles to add to the collection. It officially opened in 1993 and is famed to showcasing the largest collection of horse-drawn vehicles. I can now see why this Alberta museum is award winning. I can say this city girl was impressed. it was worth the stop.