“excellent worth for the money you pay” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Don Minzoni, 28 | Mira Porte, 30034 Mira, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mira
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Geneva, Switzerland
“excellent worth for the money you pay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

The hotel was very neat and clean, very nice staff, nice garden, excellent maintenance, very good buffet breakfast. We were extremely satisfied and happy during our stay. We found it very convenient to go stay here and go to venice by car which is about 18 kilometres.

Room Tip: The hotel is about 20 kms from Venice.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

When my wife, Kathy, and I were met one early afternoon in September of this year by the broadly smiling and welcoming face of Alessandro DalCorso, the manage-host and genial proprietor of Villa Franceschi, we knew that we would feel at home during our six days in Mira, Italy. Our son was several days later to be married to a lovely Italian woman from Mira and during those few days our wedding guests made a habit of gathering nightly to partake of Alessandro’s warm Italian hospitality. Our rooms at the Villa were spacious and very attractive; a lovely garden and an inviting terrace were available for dining, drinks and general good times and the service was unparalled without being intrusive. I would rate this little piece of paradise as one of the best hotels in which I have stayed. Highly recommended.

Walter C. Clements
Evanston, Illinois

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

I was on business travel over night. I have steed in a few hotels around Mira (which makes it sounds like a larger place than it is).

The hotel is beautifully decorated in a venetian style which would be expected for the area.  I include pictures in the review. I stayed in the adjoining villa in a large room by European standards. The bath room is also spacious with a large tub.  The room came with fruit and some pretty nice toiletries.

The staff are multilingual and friendly. They can easily arrange for taxis in the area by you should expect to wait at least twenty minutes for one and plan for this accordingly.

The grounds are well manicured with statues, hedges, gravel drive, potted plants, lawn and trees.

For a business travel hotel it has a lot more character than normal conference plain hotels with a cosier feel.  If I come back to Mira with my partner, I would definitely stay here out of the other options I have stayed in around Mira.  It is very well positioned to travel to Venice and Padua. Venice hotels are pricy and staying in Mira can save costs considerably with hotels at least half price if not more.

On the negatives, wireless needs to be set up for each room with a passcode which you need to collect from reception.  I do not know if wireless if free.  I heard the dining service can be slow coming out of the kitchen but I did not eat here so I do not know first hand. There are plenty of places to eat in Mira.

• Stayed September 2010
Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

This hotel was chosen for its position on the Brenta mid way between Padua and Venice - easy to get to both (Do visit the superb Botanic Garden in Padua). The hotel has its own tranquil garden. The room had a very comfy and large bed and in mine, shower only, all the other had baths; but what a shower! Large cubicle with two huge showers heads so that two could shower together if desired... The lighting could have been a little better but the climate control was very effective. Breakfast is a very well stocked buffet in a room under the original villa and you can eat al fresco too. Food in the restaurant is very good - try the Cicchetto, very fresh fish. If its too pricey for every night (we were there for a week), there is a very good local 'trat' a couple of doors to the left as you leave the gate (sorry, I don't remember the name) but it's all one family and good honest home cooking. They seem to speak all languages well in the hotel but retains its very Italian feel unlike some of the 'international' hotels in Venice. The Prosecco is not too expensive and they'll bring it to you in the garden with some great little nibbly bits while you make your mind up about what you are going to do with the evening. Sit there 'til the sun goes down, but come indoors when the mosquitos arrive ~ otherwise, no pressure!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

We recently spent 4 nights in Venice and decided rather than do another night in Venice (as we had been there 5 times) we would rent a car and go to Padua. As we were flying home the next day we booked the Villa Franceschi for our last night since it was not far from the airport. The hotel was just lovely and the management wonderful. They do not have internet access but the manager used his computer to print my boarding passes for our flight.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was terrific. The restaurant looked like a 5 star restaurant in NYC. Very elegant.

The rooms were very nicely furnished and we had a great view of the front of the hotel courtyard.

Breakfast was a hot and cold buffet with lots of selections.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

I just spent 3 days in this hotel. I actually wanted to write a review about the restaurant.
I'll begin with the hotel. It is a beautiful house with a wonderful garden. The rooms are very nice. Venice is a bit far, so I went in the mornings and came back in the afternoon late very tired.There is not much to do around Mira, so if you want to watch tv there is not much choice, CNN is the only chanel in english, no films, then TVE for Spain, and two other chanels in German. The other thing that bothered me a bit was that we had a wonderful plate full of fruits in the room, two of wich were rotten, and were never changed in the next two days. Well, just a detail, I admit.
The breakfast was very good.
The problem was the restaurant. The prices are crazy, I had a crab meat antipasto, it costs 20 euros, and it was no more then two spoons of meet, with no dressing, salad or anything. Then I had a pasta with sepias, which I almost could not find for the same price. The pasta was overcooked and really the worst I had in the hole Italy stay. And the quantity was really small. My husband ordered meat (45 euros) and it took almost an hour to come to the table. They have the worst music playing, and is just slow and not worthit at all.
Next to the hotel is a small tratoria, we went there the first night and it was much, much better, the pasta delicious, the fish great and the prices right.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

We have chosen to stay at the Villa Franceschi on several occasions when in the Venice area on business. We hav e also stayed at the Villa Margherita, a nearby sister hotel. Both hotels are family run, and we have found always been pleased by the comfort and decor of the rooms and the friendliness and efficiency of the service. Villa Franceschi has a wonderful buffet breakfast bar to get one's morning started.

We like to stay at Villa Franceschi when we have business in Venice. We drive to a parking lot across from the train station in Mestre, walk over to the station, and take a train into Venice. There is generally a train at least every ten or fifteen minutes into Venice. Alternate means of transportation into Venice are bus service from a nearby stop, or driving a short distance and then taking a ferry service into Venice.

The hotel's location along the Brenta Canal is a plus. Several of the historic villas which line the Canal are open for touring, and the drive itself, along the Canal is quite interesting. In addition to serving as a base for traveling into Venice, there are many tourist destinations nearby including Padova, many Palladian villas, Vicenza, Treviso, etc. etc.

The family that owns and runs the hotel deserves credit for its hands on attention to the operation of Villa Franceschi-- as well as to Villa Margherita.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Villa Franceschi? Share your experiences!