“Poor taste in Management” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Minot - Riverside

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Minot - Riverside to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Minot - Riverside
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 Burdick Expressway East, PO Box 2228, Minot, ND 58701   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 32 hotels in Minot
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Poor taste in Management”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I recently stayed with this hotel--my company hosted a function and we held a meeting at this Holiday Inn. I do want to say the hotel itself is very nice. Under a remodel and friendly service staff. I am a frequent traveler and I stay at IHG properties, as I am a rewards member as well. I deal with a lot of customer service and I understand the industry but I was never treated in such a way with disrespect and left to feel so menial and inferior, as I had felt when I had spoke with Christine, who booked the meeting. I may not be the clientele she deals with on a normal basis, but I found it unnecessary that she repeated her title of Director over and over to me--also making sure that I was aware that booking a hotel room, a separate room for my stay, was not her job, as she huffed and I do believe swore as she put me on hold. Now, this being my first visit to Minot,I understand it is a booming town with growing opportunities. Shame on you Holiday Inn and IHG for hiring someone who made a guest feel unwelcome and rather belittled. I stated earlier that the service staff, the front desk and bellman were more than accommodating, giving another star for some hope. I did enjoy the complimentary cocktail hour and was thankful for a full service breakfast restaurant. I unfortunately would not stay at this Holiday Inn again, strictly because of how the booking process was handled and the lack of warmth and empathy given to me by management.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minot - Riverside, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Michael D,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hallock, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel because our nephew was getting married and the reception was there. It was super clean--beds were comfy. Nice mini fridge and coffee maker in the room. Common areas are receiving some TLC. They were doing some work in the hallway and they looked a little run down. However, the room was great and conference area where the reception was held was wonderful too. I would definitely stay there again. There also was a nice pool area--however it is good for the younger crowd. The pool was way too shallow for teenagers who want to swim. But it would be a great place to take a young family with the waterslide and splash pool. The hot tub was very nice. We went to the attached restaurant for breakfast and had the breakfast buffet. The food on the buffet was mediocre at best--next time I would order from the menu...maybe that would be better. Oh, I forgot, the worst part of the stay was the 6 am wake-up call that I never asked for. Not sure how that got mixed up

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Southfield, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

This property is good, bed was comfortable. However, I little more TLC, could go extremely far on this property. I really really don't enjoy Minot ,ND, and avoid visiting at all costs, but the hotel makes my visit a little better.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Minot - Riverside, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Bradley187,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed at this location while making our way to Milwaukee.

Room was large and comfortable. Good size fridge and small microwave were definitely nice.

Nice large pool / spa / waterslide area. Nice bar/lounge/blackjack area, they had restaurant attached but didn't eat there, so can not comment.

Good for short stays with or without car, but definitely need a car of staying long at all or to access restaurants and other venues.

Stayed August 1, 2013

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We showed up at the hotel after 11pm as we were lost. We had a room booked at the holiday inn express across town... The staff were amazing. Had our reservation switched over ASAP. Accommodated us with a smile. Rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable. The pool area is clean with a great slide. Perfect for anyone with little children as its a little mini water park. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I spent a night in the hotel. It was slow with not a lot going on. Nice facility, but old in many ways (elevators, etc). Close to fairgrounds with stock car racing going on the night we stayed so it was loud in the evening. They offered a good breakfast as credit in their onsite restaurant. We also used the free shuttle service, which was great. Not a destination hotel, but a good one night stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Hotel prices in Minot have skyrocketed over the past few years...and would normally consider the going rates for this hotel to be expensive by standards of other (larger) cities throughout the country, but for Minot these days the price was better than that of lesser hotels.

Room was large and comfortable, but felt rather empty as 1/2 of the large room had next to no furniture and was just empty space. Good size fridge and small microwave were definitely nice. Chair and ottoman stained (and looked like could have, should have, had stain professionally removed...would help ambiance.

Nice large pool / spa / waterslide area. Nice bar/lounge/blackjack area, and good restaurant (Ground Round) attached.

Apart from that noted here, there is a bar across the street but nothing else for food or entertainment for a long distance. Good for short stays with or without car, but definitely need a car of staying long at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Minot - Riverside? Share your experiences!