“Good Value.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Good Value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stopped on our way to Montana. Was very pleased with the stay. Only problem we had was that we wanted a room on the ground floor and there was none. Only two rooms can be accessed without navigating stairs.
The room was clean, comfortable and reasonably quiet. The breakfast menu selection was good. The eggs and sausage could have been warmer. The eggs were billed as an omelet but were basically a folded egg pancake (no additional ingredients).
The indoor pool was comfortable as was the whirlpool. Towels were available poolside. We didn't use it, but, there is a lift to assist physically impaired bathers (I have never seen that in a motel pool before). I found the lift interesting since you can't get to the pool without navigating some stairs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay here at the Comfort Inn. We appreciate your business and will take your suggestions into consideration. It is comments such as yours that help us
to improve upon the services we offer. We invite you to stay with us again when you visit the city of Minot. Travel Safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Yorkton, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We went down to Minot for a weekend getaway and stayed at the Comfort Inn. We booked our room through booking.com and got our room for $89.00 US per night. The rooms are smaller, but really who spends a lot of time in the room! They asked us if we wanted a room close to the pool or a quiet room. We took the quiet room and we also loved that the entire hotel is non-smoking! It had a fridge and microwave in the room, a heated pool and hot tub and a hot breakfast all included in that price. We will definitely go back there!
The mall is within walking distance and Applebee's is right behind the hotel. They have an awesome selection of steaks and ribs and the biggie size "Bahama Mama" I had was fabulous!
Party City is right behind the hotel also and if your looking for decorations it's definitely the place to go!
Of course we had to go to Menards for home renovation supplies and got some great deals! Paint on sale for $11.99 with a mail in rebate of $11.99. We got 5 gallons completely free! How can you go wrong!

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet ask for a room away from the pool!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn of Minot. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit. I'm glad you not only enjoyed the pool and the breakfast but the area as well. If there is anything we can do to improve our services please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Travel Safe!
Minot, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed there this past weekend. The hotel is on the older side which is reflected in the slightly smaller rooms than the higher end chain hotels. It certainly was clean and comfortable. I rated this one star less than I would have because the stopper in the tub was not installed and when it was dropped in the hole of the tub, it did not seal properly. Basically the water ran out nearly as fast as it went in. For me not having a perfectly working tub is a complete deal breaker. If that doesn't bother you, you will probably like it here. I was glad I wasn't staying long.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn and thank you for the insight regarding the bathtub.
Comments such as yours help us to improve the service we offer. Please be assured that
our maintenance staff will be paying particular attention to make sure the tub has been repaired. I hope that you will consider staying with us again when you visit the Minot area.
Thank you again and travel safe.
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have been in touch with the management and staff at this hotel a number of times regarding an expensive item that I left in my hotel room. I first contacted them the night we checked out and have tried to communicate directly with the manager on a number of occasions. I think it is extremely poor service that they have not returned my item or provided me with any suggestions regarding in-kind compensation. I would NOT recommend this hotel based on my recent experience.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for your comments. As I explained when I talked to you when you first called we did not find your shoes but would keep an eye out for them. I do appreciate your patience but unfortunately your Sketchers have not been found. At this time I have adjusted your stay by 25% and will be forwarding a letter for you to use for a discount on a future stay. Should you choose to stay with us again I know we can provide a more enjoyable experience. Thanks again for your understanding and patience. Travel safe.
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We have stayed here two nights a year for several years. It's location is excellent, close to the mall and Applebee's.
We made a mistake taking a poolside room; should know better, it means it's an inside room with no fresh air and like a lot of older properties, it's too noisy at night having to run the a/c which you have to do.
Because if the economy in this area, there are a lot of new hotels, they are priced competitively. The good old law of supply and demand applies.

This will likely be our last summer get away in this hotel.

We left the room at 11:30 AM - came back several hours later and the room hadn't been made up yet. This happened last time here as well - that's annoying.

When we phoned the desk, the pleasant young woman that checked us in had to come up and do it!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor facing Applebee's. Don't get a poolside room, it's an inside...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I would like to apologize on behalf of the staff regarding your room condition. Please be assured that I will be speaking with housekeeping and reviewing our procedures. I would also like to apologize regarding the noise from the pool area. We could have easily moved you away from the pool. I hope that you will consider staying with us again. We would love the opportunity to make your next stay the quality you deserve.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Came to town to do some shopping and just get away from home for a night. Was very pleased with how accomodating and helpful the staff was. Everything we needed was within walking distance from the hotel. Awesome breakfast included and the internet was easy to access. Will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: hotel doesn't have a ground floor. The desk was helpful in explaining this and offered us a choi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. We at the Minot Comfort Inn strive to offer a clean, comfortable stay for all of our guests. Our location can't be beat and I'm glad you took advantage of our full hot breakfast. I hope you will stop and see us again the next time you are
in the Minot area. Thanks again and travel safe!
Chatham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Travelling through from Ontario to Saskatchewan and stayed here - so glad we did (we looked at several other options in Minot but we know that Comfort Inn is always good). Excellent facility - good hot breakfast; enjoyed the pool area; and the location is so convenient - next door to restaurants and across the street from large mall.!!! We will definitely be back on our next trip through.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for staying at the Minot Comfort Inn and thank you for your review! We are so
happy you enjoyed your stay and definitely look forward to your return visit. If there is anything we can do to improve your experience please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again and travel safe.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!