“Very nice property!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Rockerville, South Dakota
“Very nice property!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Excellent stay, quality rooms, and very nice pool. Staff was very accommodating! Rooms have new carpet, nice quality furnishings, big flat screen tv,s, and micro fridges. Close to shopping and many restaurants, the property has easy access to hwy 2 and 83.

Room Tip: Next to shopping mall and many good restaurants.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased that we could offer you a quality stay while you were in Minot. Should you have any suggestions as to how we can improve your stay the next time you are in the area please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again and travel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was in Minot on a business trip and stayed at the Comfort Inn, and everything about the stay was excellent. The customer service was top notch, excellent breakfast, as well as the cleanliness of the rooms and quality of the room furnishings, and of course the newly renovate pool and spa.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will visit again the next time you are in the Minot area. Thank you for your comments. They are greatly appreciated.
North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had two rooms at the Comfort Inn on a busy weekend where this hotel raised its rates. Each morning it was questionable whether you would have hot, warm or cold water for your shower. On our last morning there the water was very cold.
The hot tub and pool closed at 10:30. The breakfast was good but was the exact same each morning.
The staff was pleasant and helpful. Parking was tight and difficult to find a spot.

Room Tip: We had a larger two queen bed room, but others in our party had really small rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
I would like to thank you for your input. It is comments such as yours that help us to improve upon the services we offer. As you were aware, the weekend you stayed Minot was hosting the state basketball tournament. This made for a very busy hotel and city. We are happy you chose to stay with us. Due to the increase in occupancy, hot water can sometimes run low. We will take a look at what we can do to increase the amount of hot water available as you should not have had to have a cold shower. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you were put through. You'll also be happy to know we are discussing changing some of our menu items in the breakfast area to offer more variety. Thanks again for your comments. Travel safe.
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Came out to the Minot area on business. Found this to be the most reasonably priced place to stay that looked decent. The room was better than I expected, very clean and nice. I also thoroughly enjoyed relaxing in the Jacuzzi. The pool area was very quiet when I visited there and also quite clean. The motel is within easy walking distance of several restaurants as well as the Dakota Square Mall. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Inn of Minot. We appreciate your business and hope to see you the next time you are in the Minot area. Comments such as yours are always appreciated. I will be sure to share your input with the staff. Thanks again and may all your travels be enjoyable.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hi...wanted to say we go to this hotel a lot.....I do bus trips and never have we had any problem with hotel rooms or management!!!...The breakfast room always has a good choice....and the pool is great!!!

We have had times where other "guests" have been the problem....a LOT of that actually because there are a lot of sports groups that book here....Love the proximity to the mall!!!....Always our 1st choice when coming to Minot!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for staying with us here at the Comfort Inn of Minot. We appreciate your kind words and wanted to say Thank you! The next time you stay with us you'll be pleasantly surprised as we have just finished renovating our pool area and replacing the carpet in all of our guest rooms. Thanks again for choosing the Comfort Inn. Hope to see you again soon.
Yorkton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Upon check in the front desk clerk wasn’t very friendly. She never offered me any help or information about hotel ammentities, if there was breakfast, swimming etc. She never even told me where my room was.. I had to ask.. The room floor was dirty, wasn’t vacuumed properly. The a/c was dirty and no directions on how to use it. My wife went to get ice in the ice bucket and someone had puked in it. It wasn’t even cleaned. The fridge had left over crumbs in it also. The floor in the bathroom you could tell that it wasn’t moped properly and wasnt cleaned very well. There was drywall tape pealing from the roof. The room had numerous holes in the walls and is in need of reapir. I checked in at midnight and once I discovered all these issues I wasn’t going to wake my two year old that had fallen asleep to change rooms or have someone come in. Also I noticed that curtains don’t really block the light coming in. I was also not happy that I couldn’t ask for a late checkout since I checked in late and when I asked around midnight. I needed to get as much sleep as I could get and I was told check out was at 11am. And the website information says 12pm. I nevr really got a good sleep at all. The housekeep staff were also outside early vacuuming and it woke me up in the early hours

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool and rooms with double doors. Too much noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Jo Ann V, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for your input. It is comments such as yours that help us to improve the service we offer. Please accept my apologies not only for the condition of your room but the lapse in service you received. Please be assured that our housekeeping department is reviewing their training. All areas should be checked at all times. The desk staff will also be spoken to regarding your comments. You should have received a letter in the mail offering an apology as well as a refund on your stay. I hope your future travels, where ever they may be, provide a better experience.
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We stayed here just for a quick weekend getaway and were very satisfied with the hotel. It was clean and the rooms were quite large. The rooms also had both a microwave and fridge so that was good. The first night we called to ask for additional towels and they were delivered in less than 5 minutes. The breakfast that is included is very good with a great variety. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jo Ann V, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you the next time you are in the Minot area.

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!