“Unbelievable” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel

You added Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Grand Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1505 North Broadway, Minot, ND 58703 (Formerly the International Inn)   |
Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Bossier City, Louisiana
“Unbelievable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Run...run far, far away. By all means stay somewhere else. I don't even know where to begin. Think Nat'l Lampoon's Vacation and the 1970's decor, complete w/ popcorn ceilings and teledyne waterpik shower heads. Hotel foyer/lobby area smells of chlorine. Of course that has to do with the large indoor pool. Room reeked of cigarette smoke. Toilet lids would not stay open because the toilet was installed too far back near the counter top. They advertise HS wireless internet...but I barely stayed connected due to poor reception. Need more repeaters/extenders. No laundry facilities, no business center to speak of. Elevator reliability questionable. They do have a lounge and restaurant on site. That's a plus. Food wasn't bad. Lots of conference rooms. I checked out the next day. Booked into the Hyatt House. It was like night and day.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Brandon, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our stay with this hotel was great except for one comment. We had previously booked through Expedia.com and they have you prepay for the room so it was prepaid for back in July, 2014. As we booked in for our 1 night stay on October 17, the young man at reception said the room had not been prepaid for so I gave him our credit card. When we got to our room, I contacted Expedia and a representative spoke to me and the front desk and told me not to worry, everything had been straightened out. When we checked out the following morning, I checked with the lady at the front desk to make sure we had everything sorted out and she assured me that everything had been paid for. We remain on vacation but I can see from our banking acct. that we have been charged for the stay by the hotel and by today, October 22 there remains no refund on our credit card acct. I'm disappointed with both companies. Please be careful when paying ahead for hotel stays. Some companies give you no choice.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014

We had made a reservation at the Best Western but they screwed up our rezzie and put us here instead. First impression: two drunks arguing at the front entrance and cursing up a storm in front of our six year old. Nice. Next impression: no cart to wheel our luggage in. (They had not been returned). Girls at desk were pleasant and check in was quick and painless. Our room was down a dingy hall in the basement level and it overlooked the pool. The room was clean and the memory foam beds were very nice. The hotel seemed quiet. My biggest disappointment was the hot tub, or should I say lukewarm tub, that had no functioning jets. When I inquired to someone, they said "what you see is what you get". I'm not sure what the hell that means but I assume it's broken and they can't be bothered fixing it.

Room Tip: This is a convention center so it's loud at times and busy.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Odessa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014

It seems all the hotels in Minot, ND have been booked up for over two years. It was by luck we were able to get a room at the Grand for one evening. It is a typical conference center/hotel, with the common area and the pool in the center of the hotel complex.... Since we arrived late, we went straight to bed; it was a memory foam mattress . Surprisingly, we all had a decent sleep. The next morning, we were up with the kids and wanted to go swimming and use the hot tub before traveling again. Very nice pool and heated :) !! The hot tub was not working though :(
Rooms were decent ( a bit dated); and the shower was good.

Room Tip: Don't bring anything heavy that needs a luggage dolly to haul around, The hotel couldn't loc...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

I fly in and out of Minot's airport frequently. I always stay at the Grand Hotel simply because of the location and the free parking. The restaurant is great as well. However my last stay at the hotel lacked in housekeeping a bit. My room was not cleaned. The sheets and the bed were clean however there was hair in the shower, on the toilet, and the toilet was not flushed or cleaned. Had I not been so exhausted I would have complained but all I wanted was to sleep. All in all generally my stays have been worth it.

Stayed September 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We must have stayed in the updated rooms because our rooms were beautiful, clean and nice. We had three rooms for our big family and every room was nice. Love the pool! Kids spent hours swimming. The staff were very friendly and helpful especially, when one of our children broke her phone charger. We will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014
GrandHotelMinot, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and the amenities the property provides. We look forward to serving you in the future.
Jim Mello
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

If I hadn't had the "trip from Hell" getting here, I would have walked out of the room the night I showed and checked into another place. When the Grand Hotel was built, it was the premier hotel in Minot. One would think with all the oil found, they would update the hotel.

Carpet is fraying in rooms, wallpaper is old, soiled. Bathroom needs rennovating as the shower head is coming out of the wall and the 1950 heater lamp is most likely not within code anymore.

On the bright side, the employees with the exception of the older, larger, gentleman wearing a ponytail were very friendly. This one employee acted like customers were bothering him every time they came to the desk. Everyone else? Fantastic! Oh, the pool was great also. However, parents, read the sign about the hot tub. No kids under 14 without parental control!

So Grand Hotel, fix the rooms, elevators, hallways etc and get back to being "Grand".

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GrandHotelMinot, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
John,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Grand. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us find areas of improvement. We are very sorry that the room did not meet your expectations. We have been in the process of updates but feel you may have been assigned a room that has not had it's updates completed. Without knowing your room number it is difficult to tell you definitively.
We are pleased to read that you did enjoy our staff and some of the amenities that we do offer. Thank you, I hope that next time you're in the area that you give us another try. I would also recommend requesting a room in our South Tower to ensure the room has been updated and more to your liking.
Sincerely
Jim Mello

Been to Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!