“Weird-There Have to Be Better Hotels” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel

You added Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Grand Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1505 North Broadway, Minot, ND 58703 (Formerly the International Inn)   |
Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Chicago
“Weird-There Have to Be Better Hotels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

PROS:

Tempur Pedic style mattress
Mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker in room (I was in a suite)
Free wifi
Restaurant and lounge on site
Small sundry store
Biggest cable line up I've ever seen at a hotel
Good lighting
Plenty of outlets
Five minutes from the airport
Free shuttle to and from the airport

CONS:
Not the cleanest place in the world
HORRIBLE linens and pillows like rocks
Tiny flat screen televisions
Entire hotel smells like chlorine
Very humid throughout due to the pool
Hot tub was a sickly yellow-green when I was there
Room service menu has no prices listed whatsoever
Worn furniture in rooms
Strange view-room looked out onto another part of the building that was approximately ten feet away and the grounds between the building was basically mud and rocks
Only blackout curtains so it's either daylight and no privacy or curtains closed and no daylight

I would NEVER stay there again. Two of my industry colleagues were there and there rooms were worse than mine.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that actually has windows that you can see out of. There are some really funky rooms...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GrandHotelMinot, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Travel Mommy

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback of our property, as all feedback is always welcome.

I am so glad that you enjoyed some of the amenities that our property has to offer. We are sorry to hear that we did not reach all of your expectations. We would love for you to give us another chance in the future.

Again thank you,

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a quick trip to Minot in November. Everything was beautiful and our stay couldn't have been better. The check-in was a breeze. The pool and hot tub were enjoyable. The only (slightly) negative I have is the fact that we stay two nights and paid almost $400. I know things are expensive here, but that was a little extreme. I would absolutely consider this property again if I could find a good deal. :) Good work!

Room Tip: Get a room higher up, the view over Minot is breathtaking.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
GrandHotelMinot, Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a great review. We appreciate all feedback. Would you mind contacting our Marketing Director to discuss your room rate during your stay. Her name is Kelly. Kelly@grandhotelminot.com or 701.852.3161. Just mention that you left the tripadvsior review.

We would love for you to stay with us in the future, and want to be sure we are accommodating to your needs.

Sincerly,

Management
Parshall, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Rooms are modern and spacious. Beds are extremely comfortable. Cable offers more channels than most hotels plus free internet access. Also an excellent restaurant and cozy lounge on the property. Only one complaint: the hot tub was barely luke-warm and most of the jets did not work.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool tend to get noisy during pool hours.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GrandHotelMinot, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
On the behalf of the Grand Hotel, we would like to say thank you for the positive review of your stay on TripAdvisor. Thank you so much for sharing about your enjoyable experience at our Property. We hope that your return is as pleasurable as your first stay.

Estevan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I booked four rooms for two nights. The rooms were clean and maid service was good. I take my kids and there family's to Minot for a weekend of fun where the grand kids can be in the pool and everyone can enjoy themselves. Saturday everyone went to do some shopping and when we got back there were party's set up all over the pool area. I booked four pool side rooms. We had lost the tables that were in front on our rooms there was a party in 168 and they end up taking up all the room in front of 170 which was where one of the rooms were. My grand children couldn't even get into the room they had chairs set in front of there patio doors. My son in law went to the front counter and complained but nothing was done except they brought us 2 tables. I believe there should be some limitations for these parties and where is the security. They show up at 11 pm to tell everyone that the pool area is being closed. I complained when I checked out and the gave me complimentary breakfest cards for everyone. This was at 11am. Everyone had breakfest already. If I new that they had parties like this we wouldn't have booked at this hotel. So be wear everyone. If you want to get a pool side room for the kids this is no hotel to stay at during the weekends.

Room Tip: Don't book a pool side during the weekends
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Cheyenne, Wyoming
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We travel A LOT for business and usually find one hotel to stay in if we are going to be in an area off and on for a while. We looked up hotels in the area and this came up as one of the BEST??? I totally disagree... its been by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Though the rooms are comfortable we had a suite and a regular room (workers that we brought) The first couple nights were ok, however Friday night rolled around and our room which was reserved got blocked for the school so they moved our guys out of their room to another, we were woke up 3 times that night waking our toddler up as well from kids running and screaming in the hallways down from our room.... they said they had security on the floor keeping an eye out, my guess is he put ear plugs in, then the next day their pool filled up with so many people that it was parents drinking at the tables while the kids used the hot tub as a toddler pool... hard to enjoy the amenities that we look for while we are traveling so we can enjoy a quiet evening in the hot tub after a long day of work.. couldn't even get in the hot tub with as many kids as they had stuffed in there... woke up 3 more times and finally I started yelling. This hotel could care less about its guests, its more worried about throwing parties and letting kids run around then the guest that pay for rooms. TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE! DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT SLEEP! I am not kidding. There is a Hampton across the street stay there or ANYWHERE else! A roach motel you stand a better chance of sleeping at then this place! I am rating two only cause there rooms are clean and comfortable... but don't worry about that you wont be able to use the bed at all for sleep so enjoy the day stay maybe????

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel would be better for sleep
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Joplin, MT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband had to attend a meeting in Minot. The hotel hosting the meeting was booked so I went online to find a hotel that would not only be a nice place for us but would also take pets as we usually travel with our dogs. The Grand had mixed reviews but I decided to take a chance because we were only staying a couple nights. Once we got checked in we headed to door 4 where the front desk person told us would be the best door for us to use. The parking lot was very dark and packed so making our way through all the randomly parked cars we found door 4. Once inside we then had to find the elevator which was clear up next to the front lobby back up by the front desk. Then when we got to the first floor we headed back down the long hall around the corner to our room...not very convenient at all. Without our luggage and pet crates we could use the stairs but when we had to use the elevator back on the long trek we went. Our room was clean and definitely large so that was good and also had a refrigerator for my dog food! Our room faced the pool and although it was being used it was still pretty quiet and didnt bother us. We ate at the Primo restaurant for breakfast and dinner and our meals where good so that was nice. I would stay again, my husband was not happy to have to lug our luggage that far so I don't know if he would or not.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GrandHotelMinot, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your stay with us at the Grand! All feedback is welcomed. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our amenities of our property. My front desk joins me in my apology for not qualifying your needs and better directing you to an appropriate entrance. I do hope that both you and your husband do chose us the next time you're in the area.

Brandon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was a little leary to stay here based on some of the previous reviews, however I was looking for somewhere close to the airport. The front desk staff were a pleasure to deal with and the room was exceptionally clean. The free shuttle to the airport and long term parking are a huge plus. The restaurant service was the only reason I am not giving 5 stars. We will stay here again, probably won't eat there.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Jim Mello

Been to Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!