“Blown Away” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hotel

Save Saved
You added Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Grand Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1505 North Broadway, Minot, ND 58703 (Formerly the International Inn)   |
Ranked #26 of 32 hotels in Minot
displaced
“Blown Away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I am currently in this hotel this week as a family who is STILL displaced by the flood. Our service overall has been above and beyond. Cleanliness and staff has been nothing but helpful and accommodating to our "special circumstances". I cannot thank the staff and most of all GM Mr. Mello enough for the environment we are currently in and they will never know how much it means to our family to have a sense of peace for the week we can afford to stay. I'm blown away by the reviews I've read, and I myself, am hard to please. These negative reviews MUST be written by overall angry people that just need something to complain about. This hotel has newly remodeled rooms that are SPECTACULAR and for my children, fiancé and self are glad we found a place with a sense of family and caring nature and hope we are able to stay longer. Thank you Grand and your name is nothing short of "fitting". The Welsh's will forever return with pride and a sense of comfort knowing we get the best service possible. If ANYONE has a complaint I'd like to hear it directly from you fore I have YET to find something to complain about.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GrandInternational, Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us with your review. As we appreciate all feedback, we are ecstatic to read your touching review. It is people like yourself that make the job worth doing. Thank you.

Management

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent the weekend at this hotel for a softball tournament. It's an old hotel but the amenities are wonderful! Didnt have to leave the hotel for a meal or a night of cocktails. After the first night we were wishing we had our three kids. The pool area is amazing and all the vending machines and video games were a nice touch. The staff were wonderful and helpful. We will definitely stay here again, soon.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife planned a baby shower on 8/3/13 and it was held by the pool. The service staff was amazing. We forgot a punch bowl; they provided one. We forgot a corkscrew; they opened our wine. Id like to personally thank Devon, who said he just recently started but was knowledgable and willing to help. The price for the poolside room was $175. Seems high but we were able to have the party by the pool without charge and the service by the staff was excellent.

• Stayed August 2013
Bismarck
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've stayed in 30+ hotels in ND the past three years, I affirm this is the worst one. Room details: the bed was a beat-up foam mattress that was squashed in the middle, the refrigerator didn't work so I jammed it full of ice and used it like a 1940s ice box, the carpet was shabby, the bathroom was beat up, poor insulation and the hallways are a source of noise, the best feature was a 17-inch TV. Staff details: terrible, but this can be attributed to the fact that Minot has no employable people left to draw from; most Minot employers are having this problem. Other details: in general, the hotel is a complete disaster; you will find vending machines plugged into power strips, missing boxes on electrical outlet receptacles, broken lighting fixtures, non-functioning security doors, and other inexcusable maintenance concerns everywhere. This hotel has no redeemable qualities and they charge a relative fortune (at least in ND $$).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GrandInternational, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Travel Slayer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. All feedback is welcome. I send my personal apologies to hear that the room was not to your liking, understandably so. I was wondering if you might remember what room you stayed in, so that we may address the issues that have brought to our attention. Our south tower rooms are being updated, but we are trying to do it in a manner to not distress our guests, my feeling is you may have stayed in a room that still needs updated. My staff joins me in our apology for your unpleasant stay. We hope that in the future you give us an opportunity to serve you.
jamaicanlovers
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My biggest complaint comes from our 3rd night. Wedding party, loud music, no help from staff! At 11:45, after already having to evacuate the hotel because of a fire alarm (caused by a fog machine by the same wedding party!), the loud music continued with the security guard saying he couldn't do anything about it. I would never chose this hotel again. The management obviously is not concerned with being a "grand" hotel...only a mediocre one.

• Stayed June 2013
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I think they rent the very large indoor pool area for birthday parties, ect. I like kids so I thought it was great. Our room was spacious and comfortable. It could use a update as the bath fan was very noisy and fixtures were dated. We ate dinner at their restaurant and the food was delicious. Had bbq ribs and the slab was more than I could eat. Breakfast was also great. I would stay here again if I return to Minot.

Room Tip: do not get a room facing the pool area. Strong smell of clorine and the sound of children having th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GrandInternational, General Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We thank you for your comments on the fan in the bathroom. We are in the process of updating rooms and this is something that will be addressed as our updates become complete. We hope that we give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Again thank you for your feedback!

Sincerely
Jim Mello
dona vista florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This is the 3rd day that we got back to our room at night & discovered no service! So once again we called the Front Desk & they sent someone down with fresh towels, etc. But who would think it would happen 2 more times after we complain the 1st time? The only outstanding employee was Shawn Thomas, who should teach Customer Service to the rest of the staff. This is the 4th hotel we've stayed at during our 10 days of travel & by far the worst one. The check-in girl didn't even know if they had any rooms with sofabed, which is what I ordered on line, so gave us a rollaway. I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GrandInternational, Manager at Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. All feedback is welcomed. We have forwarded your comments to our housekeeping department and assure you the matter is being addressed. My housekeeping department joins me in our apologies for the oversight. We hope in the future you a willing to give us another try.
If you need anything in the future please do not hesitate to contact me.
Jim Mello

Been to Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!