“Decent hotel close to mall, restaurants” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Oklahoma
“Decent hotel close to mall, restaurants”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

I have stayed here several times for busines. This hotel is close to the mall and several restaurants that make the location very good. The rooms are fairly clean, nothing fancy, but OK. I have never used the pool, but it looks clean and the kids that I have seen playing in the pool look like they are having a lot of fun. A lot of the rooms have sliding glass doors that lead directly to the pool. This may be ideal for family looking to spend a lot of the time at the pool, but for me it was noisy and annoying. Being a business travelor in this case, I have learned to ask for a room away from the pool if you want to get to sleep before 11:00 PM.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Portland, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

The hotel has lots of stairs and does not have an elevator, ugh. The breakfast area is very crowded and food options not great compared to other BW. The employees use it as a hang out spot in the late morning. Sorry, but I think that is unaccceptable when it is open to the guest area and central to the floor plan. Some rooms do not have windows that open to the outside. We happened to have a room where the window opened to the pool area. The air conditioning unit did an adequate job but it would have been nice to open the window to air out the room. If you have small children or non-swimmers they have an unusually large toddler pool.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Orleans, ON Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

It was a necessary stop for us on our motorcycle trip. The hotel was dirty and the service was poor.
Both of us woke up in the morning with at least a dozen bites each. Didn't get the terrible itching until later that day, and it was still with us for days.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Minot_Kelly_Inn, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kelly Inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2009
We very much care about the overall experience of our guests and therefore monitor our Trip Advisor comments regularly. This is the first notification of such an incident. We hope this guest will notify us directly regarding this matter as it is very important to us to learn more details of their stay. Our hotel recently received high marks from Best Western on our inspection score. Our hotel scored 952 out of 1,00 points. This score is in the top percentage of Best Western Hotels for cleanliness, maintenance, and customer care. With this score we were honored to receive a Directors Award for our high score. Again, we look forward to communicating with this guest about their stay.
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed here back in September. The room was very clean and the wireless internet was screamingly fast. I really liked the free breakfast options, never felt like I was eating "free" food.
We had a poolside room which was really loud---there are screaming children in there swimming from first thing in the morning to late at night on the weekends and the room kept getting steamy so that wasn't terribly nice. Also, bed was dipping in the center so it wasn't very comfortable.
I liked the location: close to mall and good restaurants.
All in all I'd probably stay here again and try to get a non-poolside room.

• Liked — It was super clean!
  • Disliked — Loud and steamy
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
home
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

I am in Minot for work and stayed at the Best Western Kelly Inn for 12 days. It was fine for what I needed. I had free internet access and the housekeepers did a good job although I didn't really enjoy seeing them smoke in the parking lot. My only complaint would be how thin the walls and ceilings are. When the guests in the room above me walked across the room it sounded like they were stomping, hotels really need good insulation and this one does not. I went and bought a box fan to try to drown out some noise while I was sleeping. Breakfast was cereal, bagels, waffles and fruit...the usual. Every time I went to the front desk there was a different face behind the counter, made me wonder if anyone was full time. Good location, easy access to the mall, Target and Applebee's. The hotel does not have laundry facilities for guests or a work out room although they do provide you with a day pass to the YMCA which is a really nice facility.

Stayed September 2008
Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

We enjoyed our stay. Travelled with a couple who needed a handicap room. We asked to be near them and were upgraded to a suite. On the pool but not bothered by chlorine smell. It was a cool time of year.

The hotel could have been rated higher if the fridge hadn't gurgled, (I shut it off as we didn't need it) the phone in the bedroom had worked (there were 2) and all the light bulbs in the bathroom had worked.

Everything was as advertised but ripe bananas would have been nice at breakfast.

There is a 24 hour grocery store and a liquor store (Miracle Mart) north of the Mall across the parking lot from the drugstore. Handy if you come in to town late.

• Liked — Friendly Sercice
  • Disliked — No elevator. One member could not climb stairs for breakfast.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Yorkton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

We stayed here for the spa special because we were celebrating our anniversary. We upgraded our package to a poolside whirlpool room. Room was clean except a little spot we found on the top of a blanket. Breakfast was excellent including waffles. The only thing we found weird was the angle of the showerhead; you had to be 7 feet tall for it to spray on your head. King size bed was very comfortable. Loacation next to the Mall was great for shopping. Pool side was very clean.

• Liked — free continental bfst
  • Disliked — shower
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to BEST WESTERN Kelly Inn? Share your experiences!