“Nice upgrade!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Eagle River, Alaska
“Nice upgrade!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I've stayed hear once before and was happy to see the lovely decor upgrade to the lobby and breakfast area. I was recognized as a diamond member and given a lovely room upgrade. The room had a separate bedroom, living room and bathroom and wet bar between.

There was a sliding glass door to the swimming pool just outside the room, which was lovely, but I had some very noisy neighbors who kept their young son up far too late. I was relieved when they settled in.

Although the room wasn't as up to date as the new decor in the lobby, it was very comfortable and I slept well.

I believe the gal at the front desk told me to use door B which was a mistake and I had to carry my luggage quite far...it should have been door A. But not that big of a deal.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
JoAnn B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kelly Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us. We are happy you enjoyed your room and pool area. We appreciate your loyalty and are always happy to upgrade when available. Please visit us again soon. Again, thank you for taking the
time to respond and also for completing our survey.

:) Sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Grande Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This BW is in line with most BW's I have stayed at in the past year.... good quality, good pricing, good breakfast and friendly staff. I spent 16 days touring across four states and the only BW I had any issues with was the one in Rapid City. See my review online for BW Ramkota for more information.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

JoAnn B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kelly Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Hi ! Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your experience with us during your stay. Sounds like you have been doing a lot of traveling. I am happy we were able to accommodate you during your travels. Be sure to visit again when coming through our area. Again, thank you and safe travels. :)
Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This hotel discriminates against minorities! I made a reservation over a month previously, only to arrive and initially have the desk clerk "Michelle" tell me I did not have a reservation. Meanwhile she gave other customers in front of me cheaper rates ( I assume because they were reward club members, which I am also), rates that were not available to me online because the fair was in town and I had to book two days minimum. She finally looked it up and said I had called in to change my reservation from the July 18, 2014 to July 25, 2014, which I had not done since I would be on Wake Island, HI at that point in time. She asked if I wanted to cancel the July 25 reservation, to which I replied yes. Then she said that because the fair was in town they could not cancel the reservation and would have to charge me in full. I told her that was rediculous to charge me for a reservation change I had not made and that was a week away when BW couldn't even honor their existing reservation. She then called the manager and walked into the office behind the counter and closed the door, only it did not close completely. I and my companion heard her say," I have a Indian here that is angry because we don't have his reservation". She then came out and said that if I could produce the confirmation number of the reservation, then she would honor it. I went out to the car and brought my computer in, accessed the internet and showed her the email confirmation. She refused to honor the reservation. I reminded her that she had stated she would honor the reservation, which indicated there was a room available, yet she refused to honor the reservation. She then called the manager again and after speaking with the manager, stated that there were no rooms available. I asked to speak with the manager and she handed me a card with the manager's name (Sara Brien) and said she would be in on Monday. I am going to file a complaint with the BBB and explore further legal action. This is completely unacceptable that people should be so ignorant in this day and age. if BW can't honor their reservations, they should not take reservations and if BW personnel can't keep their word, they should not give it. I was terribly inconvenienced and embarrassed by this incident and had to drive four hours to get home, instead of staying at the location of the ND State fair events which I attended. Never again!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and choose another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Fox River Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Thank you for a great time in your hotel. The staff could not have been nicer. They welcomed us with open arms. We came to visit Minot State University where our daughter will be attending college. Breakfast was very good and the get together on Fridays were nice and carefree. thank you all.
Lisa

Room Tip: it was nice and quiet. Everyone is so respectful
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us. I am sure you are very proud of
your daughter attending college here at Minot State. When you visit in the future be sure to call ahead and reserve with us again. Drop by our Manager's reception and enjoy complimentary wine, beer, soda, and appetizers if here on Mon - Thurs 5 - 7pm. We are looking forward to your visiting us again soon. :)
Alabama, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Most Best Western's are above average. Only problem is when they put you in thier handicap rooms. They seem to be less desirable than a regular room! We don't need one, but on our trip of for a month, we had several of them and they are less than good. Seems like they'd be a little above average for a handicap person!?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay with us. I appreciate your concerns and will certainly re-visit some ideas about our handicap rooms.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have been staying at the Kelly Inn for many years now, and it has always been a pleasant experience. Occasionally we have had a room that seems a bit worn, but they are always clean and made up nicely. Check-in is usually quite fast, and breakfast is always plentiful and awesome. The pool area is clean, appealing and relaxing. I think the only complaint I might have about my poolside room this time was that the sliding door was cracked and broken, would not slide properly, and the mini fridge was quite smelly. Other than that, it was great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

JoAnn B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kelly Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at the Minot Kelly Inns. I appreciate your kind comments and for letting us know about the door and the mini fridge. We
certainly will correct them. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast and our beautiful indoor salt water pool. When you visit in the future drop by the Manager's evening reception where we offer
complimentary wine, beer, soda, and appetizers every Mon - Thurs 5pm - 7pm. Again, thank you for sharing with us.

Jo-Ann Buchanan, GM
Dublin,Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I spent one night at the Best Western Kelly Inn a couple of days ago, it was a girls getaway for shopping and location could not be beaten - directly opposite the Dakota Square Mall, Our room was a good size, two queen beds (such comfortable beds !), nicely decorated. The seating area in the lobby is very trendy and although we did not use the pool it seemed to be nicely maintained. What I was most impressed about with this hotel was the breakfast - it was fabulous, lots to choose from and very fresh - perfect start to the day!
I would highly recommend this hotel and I look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
We enjoyed having you ladies and are glad you got to take advantage of all the shopping nearby.
We are proud of our breakfast and our new breakfast area. If you visit again join us for our evening Manager's Reception where we offer complimentary wine, beer, and appetizers on Mon-Thur 5-7pm Hope to see ya'll again soon

Been to BEST WESTERN Kelly Inn? Share your experiences!