“Dark old hotel room” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Minot
canada
“Dark old hotel room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Had to pay top dollar for this room, no others available. Ceiling looked like it had some water problems and generally the entire room needed a facelift. Bed was comfortable, but if you are staying on a weekend when there are lots of children, you will hear them running up and down the hallways until midnight. Parents were no better. What has happened to people being courteous to those who have to get up early the next day?

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
BWKI-GM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kelly Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we were not able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brandon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed here on night of Jan 31st. Place was very busy, but the staff was very good. We got here a little early, so enjoyed a free coffee and a little break in their 24 hour coffee room above the pool. Beds were very comfortable, and the room was very clean. I travel a lot and this was as good or better than any hotel I have stayed at. I would stay there again, and have booked in there on my return trip. One of the better Best Westerns in the chain.

Room Tip: if you are traveling to the airport, order the taxi early, as they can be slow.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
BWKI-GM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kelly Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you for telling us about your recent stay. Your business is very important to us! By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back soon.
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

I will never stay at this place again. There was nothing good about it ! Overpriced for a filthy place. I paid 130.00 even with my rewards card. This location makes a black mark for Best Western. When we checked in the girl(s) at the front desk were totally unprofessional. When I asked why the prices were so high for it being the off season she replied they always go up every year. When we got into our room , it was dirty and there was mouse droppings in the corner and dust everywhere ! The hallways were disgusting and dirty , as if they have not been vaccumed in a month ! I have stayed at 2 Best Westerns with in the last two months and they were perfect ! Noiw I am not so sure about Best Westerns. We are on a month long trip from Canada to Arkansas and I will not stay in another one of the hotels ! The following night we stayed at a Hampton INN in St Cloud Minnesota and it was lovely ! Clean and comfortable and it was 20.00 cheaper then the BW !!

Also in the bathroom , there were two holes right about the toliet that looked as they were freshly made from the opposite wall. My husband shoved toilet paper into them, just in case there was a someone with eyes on on the other side.

The complimentry breakfast leaves alot to be desired, especially when you see maintenance staff in their dirty work clothes, eating there as well.

This was just a bad experiance for us. Never again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
dkoble, Regional Director at BEST WESTERN Kelly Inn, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay in Minot. We always value customer feedback. I apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Due to the Oil Boom in Western ND, Minot continues to be in peak season and our rates are current with the surrounding area. We have a great number of hard-working oil-field and construction workers staying with us who enjoy our breakfast in the morning and may have been mistaken for a maintenace man. Our associates are in uniform at all times and we do not allow them to eat in guest areas. I have had the staff check the bathrooms and it was discovered that a towel bar was off in the room you were in. I apologize that the room was found in this condition as it should have been taken care of prior to your check-in. It has since been fixed. We have a pest control company that does monthly routine inspections of our rooms and have not found any evidence of mice. I hope you will continue to stay with BW properties in the future. We appreciate your business and take great pride in our property and our guests.
Estevan, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

I stayed here with a friend on a shopping trip. We were happy with the room, the beds and pillows were super comfy. Having a microwae & fridge in the room was handy. The housekeeping staff could be more diligent cleaning the bathrooms though. We made use of the whirlpool and enjoyed having the whole pool area to ourselves on a Thursday night. The included breakfast was good - we loved the 'make your own' waffles. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
BWKI-GM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kelly Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Thank you for telling us about your stay. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us improve. We hope you will come back soon.
Nor5th Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Clean and comfortable room. Very nice breakfast area. Roomy pool area. Very close to the mall and a variety of restaurants.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

It's a nice, clean hotel, with very friendly staff. I've never stayed anywhere that provides a free continental breakfast that includes sausage gravy (I didn't have any) and scrambled eggs - and an employee that circulates and asks how everything is going, if you need anything else, and who clears your place. That's a nice touch, as is the 24-hour self-help coffee and tea service. The rooms have microwaves and fridges. Not a new place, but the bed is really comfortable, relatively quiet (bring earplugs), and it's clean. I'd stay here again. Also, it's close to Target, the mall, Applebees, and to Hwy 83 - about 15 minutes from the airport. It's not in the heart of downtown, but my trip isn't for leisure, so that's not an issue for me. A bit on the pricey side.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

A weekend getaway with friends brought us to this hotel because the more popular one near the same location was booked up. Well, I can say with the group price given, the hotel itself, customer service and fabulous continental breakfast, I think we will forego the $160+ night hotel that is just across the parking lot, to stay here next time (for close to $80 cheaper)! We loved it!

Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Kelly Inn? Share your experiences!