“what a disappointment....never again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Minot

You added Four Points by Sheraton Minot to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Minot
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3420 South Broadway, Minot, ND 58701 (Formerly Astoria Hotel and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
“what a disappointment....never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I just came back from a shopping weekend with my daughter. Our stay at the Four Points was very disappointing......the pool and hot tub were not in working order. Our room had large yellow stains on the white comforter....a few long black hairs on the sheets when we opened the covers and a very noisy bathroom fan. Not only was it noisy, it was hanging down from the ceiling which exposed the ceiling around the opening ...it looked like there was water damage and actually mold that was painted over. The fan its self was very dirty. We asked for the comforter to be replaced twice.....It was not replaced - we just didn't use it. Nor was the fan fixed. On another note a continental breakfast is included with your room from 6 to 9am. We went by the front desk at about 9:30 (right beside the breakfast), I mentioned to my daughter, the breakfast was still out, and maybe we could eat something before we went shopping. The young man at the front desk....said to me "No no...the breakfast is over" ...he was quite rude to me. The strangest thing was that there was still people eating...and there were several tables with dirty plates on them and there was lots of food left. We asked when the pool and hot tub would be open and he said for the weekend. I mentioned it was Saturday...and he said "No not today". We went down to the pool later that night to see if the pool was open. On the door was a sign that said the hot tub was out of order. we went in and it was very smelly. The color of the water was greenish. No way was I getting in the pool. When we checked out the 2nd morning....we got the same young man. I was just as unimpressed with him as the day before. While he was checking out rom out, he stopped in the middle of it to have a conversation someone for a few minutes and also answer the phone and helped that person too. When I finally got my receipt, he just said "there". He didn't ask if we had a good stay or even say thanks...nothing. I wont stay there again.....and I will tell all my friends that our stay was terrible.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel.....
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

When we returned from Hostfest Oct. 3rd our rooms had not been cleaned. There was no clean towels, soap, coffee, coffee cups, or glasses. A bus with 50 seniors arrived at 9:30 the night of Oct. 1. We had reservations at this hotel since June but A & B Tours did not have rooms for us upon arrival - we had been on Amtrack 13 hours and we finally got a room at 12:30 that night. The staff did work hard to accommodate us and I think it was a "goof up" by the A & B tour representative. The rooms were very nice, but not up to what we felt a Sheritan 4 Points should have been.

Room Tip: No tip we were just lucky to get a room!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2014

The rooms are nice. That's the only thing good about this place. Staff is terrible, took over an hour to checkin then they accidently cancelled the room. Don't plan on getting any help from anyone here, they just don't care.

Room Tip: have a backup plan in case they screw it up
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014 via mobile

Why is it so hard to not be disturbed in your room when there's a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door?!?! Thank god I had the deadbolt locked! The beds are ridiculously hard, resulting in terrible sleep. And the Microtel has a much better breakfast.

• Stayed September 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

When I showed up to the hotel, there were around 30 people in the lobby. I figured there must be some sort of happy hour going on. I gave the front desk clerk my ID and credit card the reservation had been made with. The room was available and everything was looking good until an overbearing customer hovering at the front desk complained that I was getting my room ahead of her. Apparently all of the 30 people waiting in the lobby were waiting on rooms.

The front desk clerk then informed me that they were giving my room away because there were other people in front of me. When I asked how I had a confirmed reservation and they didn't have a room for me, the front desk replied that they have no control over people booking through third party websites and they can easily become oversold that way. I booked directly from the Sheraton website but apparently that did not matter.

Every hotel in town was fully booked, I had nowhere to stay and had to attempt to sleep in a chair in the lobby.

I would not recommend staying at this hotel as there is no way of knowing whether your reservation will be honored.

• Stayed October 2014
Saskatchewan, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

This hotel is not up to standard. Breakfast arrived 40 minutes late, it was cold and part of the order was not correct. The room was not cleaned properly, pervious guests dirty socks were found in the room (gross). Although staff were okay there was training going on and it caused confusion with my name as my full name is on my passport and my credit card just had my initials. I would not stay here again, and I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Franklin, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2014

This is a hotel that is part of our network of preferred hotels around the world, but primarily in the US and Canada.
Pros: The hotel sems to be fairly new. The room was clean and neat. Plenty of space with a nice work area. Bathroom was spacious and the shower was more than large enough. Breakfast, albeit a bit minimal in the selecton, was fresh.The pool is small but the area was quite clean.
Cons: Service lacking
1:When I made the reservation I requested pillows without down filling due to an allergy. The request was not filled the first night and was not going to be the second until I reminded them upon returning from the job site.
2: The room was not made up when I returned the first day. I had to catch a person in the hall and make them clean it and make it up. I worked from the room the second day and the room was not touched again, yet the cleaning cart sat idle in the hallway.
3: The bed was as hard a rock making sleeping extremely difficult.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Minot? Share your experiences!