“Nice people, newer rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Minot

Save Saved
You added Four Points by Sheraton Minot to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Minot
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3420 South Broadway, Minot, ND 58701 (Formerly Astoria Hotel and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Fort Worth, Texas
“Nice people, newer rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed here recently for a weekend of shopping and visiting. It's one of the new hotels in Minot after the flood. We tried it on a lark and were pretty happy with it. The people were friendly and the rooms were new. The pillows were really big and wouldn't fit it in my suitcase (just kidding). For dinner, we ordered delivery from Ruby Tuesdays and they put it on plates and gave us 'real' knives and forks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with microwave and fridge.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bloomington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in April 2014 for 4 nights and the rooms were great, everything seemed to be pretty new. The beds were great. They had a free continental breakfast every morning and the manager would personally stop by and ask if you needed anything. They even offered a bottle of water in the room everyday, which was great because not a lot of hotels do that. Very close to nice restaurants and bars and the mall. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed here a couple days ago and will not be back anytime soon.
When I arrived I was anything but greeted with kindness or any sort of recognition at all the staff that was working that night gave me the cold shoulder right as I arrived. I instantly knew that my stay wasn't going to be what I expected. The girl that was at the front desk around 6pm with glasses (I think her name was Amanda)seemed like she didn't want anything to do with me at all. Like she just wanted to get me checked in an get it over with (as I said cold shoulder) I was very taken back from the way I was greeted and it also didn't help that she had another front desk agent right behind her watching her not saying anything to me or her at all. At this point I just wanted to get to my room. After checking in I noticed an authorization hold on my credit card for an absurd amount of money especially if it was for just incedentals like they told me it was for. (And still am waiting for them to go back on my credit card) and from reading the reviews it seems like this happens quite often.. when I got to my room they gave me a double queen instead of a king like asked when I made the reservation. The heater would blow cold air into the room from the outside... The hotel looks like it is still is under going renovations (when I know it has been here for over a year) because the room numbers were on the ground and I walked past a door that was off the hinges and looked like it was about to fall off. My over all experience was very distasteful and would not stay again knowing that the customer service and overall experience of the hotel was most definitely not starwood standards to me at all. This is not what I expected from a Sheraton hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
NorthDakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We booked with a group and rented 4 rooms. Rooms were scattered on all floors.Check-In was slow and confusing. The persons at the desk did not have an understanding of what they were doing. We went to the "bar" for a cocktail, once again person working had limited knowledge on making drinks or what ingredients to use. We had NO HOUSEKEEPING service, not in any of the 4 rooms. We had to go to the Front desk for towels, toilet paper, and tissues. This was a very disappointing experience. Check-out was confusing, extra night charges on our rooms. When we brought up all of our "issues" we had while we stayed there, we recieved a less than sincere, "Sorry about that"

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GM_FourPointsMinot, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Minot, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear MomoECS,

Please accept my apologies for our shortcomings during your stay last weekend. We did have a large surge of people checking in for the tournament in a short period, and it sounds like we failed to provide you with good service and an easy-to-understand check-in and check-out. We should never allow a guest to be confused by this procedure. Because of the number of people arriving for the event and the different types of rooms requested, we were not able to provide all rooms in the same area.

We did have a trainee in our bar on Friday and Saturday, and I will talk with her today to see how I can assure that she has better knowledge of the many different types of drinks our guests enjoy. I'd be grateful if you would contact me with your name so I can see why you did not receive housekeeping service. I am sincerely sorry that we disappointed you so thoroughly. Is there something I can do to help make amends? I'd welcome the opportunity to talk with you about it.
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

On the positive, the hotel was newly renovated and clean, beds were comfortable and rooms were nicely appointed…here are the negatives: Front desk staff and managers were abrasive and made you feel like you were imposing on their space. When our room was not cleaned we were told that it was too bad we missed the 3 pm deadline for their cleaning staff and that they could bring us towels! And no, we did not have our "Do not disturb" sign out! The complimentary breakfast was absolutely bare bones! When some of the food was out and the hostess not around, we asked the front desk staff for assistance and she huffed and puffed and told me the hostess was away (yes I know…). When we checked in we gave clear (and repeated) instructions not to use a specific credit card but rather a different one which we left on file. They used the wrong one costing us more money. After much "dialogue" things were 'sorted' out and we were out extra $. FYI, this hotel will actually charge you for the whole stay when you check!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear PJGtrips - Thank you for staying with us, and for the kind words about the facility. Still, we know that to many travelers, 'a room is a room', and it is service that makes the difference. I am embarrassed that our staff did not make you feel welcome, and that we processed the wrong credit card. We no longer charge the entire stay at check-in, because we know your plans may change, or you may want to use a different card or even pay in cash. I have asked our executive housekeeper to verify which housekeeper was assigned to service your room so that he and I can address the reasons for the lack of service. Although we do maintain a supply of towels and amenities at the desk 'just in case', our standard is to provide complete housekeeping service whenever you prefer.

I'm sorry you were disappointed in the complimentary Continental breakfast. We provide a variety of breads, muffins, bagels with toppings, two flavors of yogurt, cut and whole fruit, a variety of boxed cereal, eggs, three fruit juices and milk. A full hot breakfast is also available for a modest charge. We are exceeding brand standards by offering this, but of course it is only a benefit to you if it is fully stocked and replenished as needed.

I believe you are about four hours away from Minot. If you plan to return, I respectfully request the opportunity to serve you again, to demonstrate we can provide the kind of service you expect from the Starwood family of hotels. My name is David, I am the general manager, and I look forward to your call so I can arrange your complimentary stay.
Portage, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had to be in touch for a deposition and we chose the Four Points by Sheraton. I had spoken with then reservations manager Deanna Jundt and she really went out of her way to accommodate us even so far as driving us from the airport.

We used the meeting room for a deposition and it was stocked with coffee and water even without our asking. My husband and I also used the pool and hot tub; it was lovely to soak in the warm water knowing the outside temperature was sub-zero!

Deanna took us out to Walmart so we could stock up on a few snack/beverage items and honestly, she and her staff were more than wonderful. It was a great stay in a far out location and a fantastic deal. I am sure we would have enjoyed it more in the spring/summer months but our winter trip to Minot is one we won't soon forget and it was made enjoyable by the friends and great customer service we enjoyed during our stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sandysisland,
Thank you for taking the time to provide this review of your recent stay with us. I'm so glad to hear that we took such good care of you. Deanna provided a great example of service 'above and beyond', and she sets an excellent standard for us all to follow in providing excellent service to our guests.

I appreciate the fact that you enjoyed the pool and spa. It's great to relax indoors and be able to look out on the ccccold weather outside. This morning, we're under 'winter weather advisory', but Spring is within sight! Because there are 32 hotels in Minot, we know you have lots of choices when decided where to stay when you visit. Thanks again for allowing us to serve you. I hope you'll return when you can enjoy all our area has to offer - Spring or Summer sounds ideal! Please let me know when you're coming back, I'll buy you a lemonade in our Magic City Bar and Grill!
Fargo, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here on business. I have a few times. The hotel is clean and professional. However, I had a few issues. I was double charged for my room and when I spoke to the front desk agent, she was apologetic and called her supervisor. Upon checking out, I mentioned that the issue had not been resolved and asked to speak to a manager. Mr Wick, the new General Manager of this property was anything but helpful. He said he would speak to the front desk supervisor, Brandon, and it would get taken care of immediately. 2 weeks later, I still hadn't heard from this Brandon. I was volleyed back and forth between Mr. Wick and Brandon. And, this is the second time I was overcharged. I will never stay here again while it is under this management.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GM_FourPointsMinot, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Minot, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear Marley K - Thank you for staying with us recently. Please accept my apology for the poor service you received from Mr. Wick and Brandon. They are no longer employed at Four Points, and our new management is committed to providing excellent guest service from check-in through check-out and billing. If there are any unresolved issues with your billing, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will make sure the billing problem is resolved promptly. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with the kind of service you deserve.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Minot? Share your experiences!