“Very nice hotel and fairly new.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Points by Sheraton Minot

You added Four Points by Sheraton Minot to your Saves list
Four Points by Sheraton Minot
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3420 South Broadway, Minot, ND 58701 (Formerly Astoria Hotel and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Very nice hotel and fairly new.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I chose this hotel soley based on the fact they took CLC, and was I glad. Last time in Minot there were still alot of hotels under construction including this one and the cheapest rate I could get was 110 a night. This hotel recieved a 5 star from me (which I rarely give out) based on the CLC rate and they have a bar, serve dinner and breakfast via room service or in the dining area, and also have free breakfast in the mornings. It is close to shopping and restaurants and has ample parking. The hotel has a great fitness center, the staff was great. My only complaint would be about the pillows. They are nice, either feather or goose down, but were too soft for me. It would be a great addition if they offered firmer pillows with the soft ones. The small things were nice also. The one cup coffee maker comes with plenty of coffee and tea, with real creamer. Free bottles of water await the guest in the room and they offer a 5 dollar credit if you decline housekeeping for the day. I also believe they are pet friendly, but you may check first. I will stay here again when in Minot.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
GM_FourPointsMinot, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Minot, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. I liked your suggestion on the pillows and we will most certainly be looking into it so we can add it to our hotel benefits for guests. Your feedback is very important to us and helps us to improve in all areas. Thank you very much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We booked here through Priceline in the beginning of Jan. 2014 while staying in town for a sports competition. This hotel really was a pleasant surprise! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and the large walk-in shower was great! Room service was great and breakfast arrived both days right at our requested time. We were supposed to stay at another hotel on our 2nd night but one look at the other place and we decided to stay here again. The staff was able to give us the same rate that we had received from Priceline the night before which was great! I would highly recommend Four Points by Sheraton Minot!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the outstanding review. We were very glad you stayed with us and look forward to having you stay with us in the future. Your feedback is very inportant to us and helps us to improve in all areas. Thank you very much!
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed there two nights in January. Both nights were prepaid last year however we were charged
for the second night. Sent email to hotel, but never received a reply. Left voicemail for hotel
accounting office, never received a reply. Dealing with it with Amex. Also sent a picture to hotel directly with a dirty urine stained toliet seat when we arrived. Never heard anything back. As I stayed two nights at this hotel spread out in a week I was entitled to 2 stay credits plus platinum points etc. The hotel did not give me any points. I had to request credits from Starwood Directly for both! ,This hotel seems to have a problem with communication. With their lack of
interest I would stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GM_FourPointsMinot, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Minot, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I appreciate that you stayed with us and hope that we can exceed your expectations in the future if you choose to stay with us. In regards to your comments about emailing and sending your comments and experience to the hotel, I was not informed of any of them and I would like to oppportunity to speak with you if you choose to. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss this matter further. Any experience similar in nature to what you had is most certainly not exceptable and our staff will make every effort to make sure that it does not occur again. For the billing, there is often a preauthorization that occurs on the room for incidentals and no other charges should apply. We can certainly correct any errors if there was indeed a charge. Again, thank you for staying with us and thank you also for your very valuable feedback.
Saskatchewan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

From entry of the lobby to our departure EVERYTHING was wonderful. Very nice lobby area. Amy the receptionist , could not have been more friendly and welcoming. Smiling face , and as soon as I gave her my name , we were checked in in less than a minute, with a personal hand written card welcoming us , along with her business card, and a Beef Stick combo pack that she was about to take to our room. ( We were a bit early on our expected check in time) . Room was nice. Clean as a whistle , from carpet to phone, bathroom, tv remote, glass .....just everything... And no bad odors. This place looks and feels brand new ! My wife heads a housekeeping dept at several hospitals and care homes and when she is amazed , IT IS CLEAN ! Bed was a bit hard but to each their own on that. The pillows were heaven. Beautiful shower area, and amenities. If there are any cons to the stay it was that the bathroom fan comes on when the light switch is turned on, and it is loud. ( Maybe its a law or something , but I would prefer a separate switch for the fan ) The other issue was the heater....It works great but blows directly over the bed area, so we placed a chair in front to deflect the night time airflow. Maybe simple deflectors to blow downwards? Just a thought. Checkout was easy because we booked directly online with Four Points. ( Best price in town at around $90 . We have paid more in Minot and stayed in dumps) We travel several times to Minot a year and will 100% definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We did have a room nearest the highway , but didn't notice any traffic noise. Make sure your ca...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_FourPointsMinot, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Minot, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you very much for such a wondeful review. Your valuable feedback is very important for all of our staff and is very important to us that our staff is informed of your comments. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future and hope to exceed all your future expectations with us.
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel was clean and comfortable. We got an exceptional rate by booking online. We were in Minot for Black Friday shopping and the hotel was perfectly situated between Wal-Mart and the Mall. Staff was friendly and tried to be as helpful as possible. Nice pool and spa. The definite highlight was the location. The only thing I didn't like about the hotel was the bed. It was really hard. An important aspect of a hotel for me is the bathroom, particularly the shower. The shower head was awesome and there was plenty of room in the stand up shower.

Room Tip: If your not going tocook your own meals or require a full size fridge, don't bother upgrading. W...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
GM_FourPointsMinot, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Minot, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you Nick for your great response. We are very glad you choose to stay with us and hope you had a good time shopping on Black Friday. Your feedback is very important to us and we value it. You are welcomed anytime and hope to see you again soon. From all of us here at Four Points, we wish you a happy holiday season.
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in late November, 2013. The hotel is conveniently located in the south end of Minot between Walmart and the Dakota Square Mall near Menards and Home Depot. We had a room with one king-sized bed towards the back of the hotel. The room was clean and neat. The bathroom was large with a very roomy shower. It was very clean. The pool was a bit small for adult swimmers but we enjoyed the hot tub. The complimentary breakfast included a good variety of juices and dry cereals, hard-boiled eggs, cottage cheese, honeydew melon, bread/toast, and muffins. There was also coffee (only caffeinated) and tea. In general a good value when booked online.

Room Tip: The highway in front is busy so try to get a room towards the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindsey H, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Minot, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Gerald N,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton. I, personally, love the convenient location of our hotel. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our location, as well as all of our amenities. I am also so happy that our housekeeping staff met your cleanliness expectations and that our entire staff was courteous and welcoming. Once again, I want to thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I will be so glad to pass them onto my staff.
Bloomington, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

New, clean, friendly. Bar in evening, free breakfast in morning. Large walk-in shower replaces bath tub. Who uses the bath tub in hotels anyway? A couple of nitpicks: Cannot open window, ac/heat unit fan set way to high, not enough hooks in bathroom for used towels, hanging PJ's etc.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from Highway.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
John R,
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! I love hearing about guests stay and love hearing that your stay was great. I truly appreciate the time you have taken to review our property and for your kind, encouraging words.
I also want to thank you for your criticism! We are always looking for ways to improve and make our guests feel more at home. I will take into consideration all your comments and be sure to bring them up in our meetings to ensure our hotel keeps growing and improving.
Once again, thank you for choosing the Four Points by Sheraton Minot and thank you for your kind review.

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Minot? Share your experiences!