“Paul L.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sakura Japanese Steak House

Sakura Japanese Steak House
1425 24th Ave. SW, Minot, ND 58701 (Formerly Sakara)
701-837-1888
Dining options: Reservations
Spokane
“Paul L.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Great place to eat. I travel quite a bit in my job and get to eat all over the place. Very authentic in every way. I also had the sushi, outstanding . Having had sushi in many costal cities I was impressed with the freshness and favors.

Visited May 2013

Minot, North Dakota, United States
“Hibachi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Hibachi at its finest great food and great customer service. Didn't think such a great place to eat existed here a must try.

Visited May 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Fun place but so-so sushi.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Fun place, if you are looking for a loud, rowdy sushi joint. Pretty obnoxious if you are not. Service was not so good, which is amazing when sitting at the sushi bar. The real test--the food--was so-so at best. I ate sushi only, and it was below average compared to any other sushi place I have been.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Minot, North Dakota
“Fun with Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Delicious and entertaining. I've been there a few times with groups of people and I've always had great service, a fun time and the food is always better then expected.

Visited February 2013
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Awesome atmosphere; Good food even if you don't like Japanese or Chinese cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

First off, wait to sit at the grill because it is so entertaining! We enjoyed a drink at the bar while we waited (about 30 mins) on a busy Saturday night. Bar area is small, but accommodating. You are seated at the grill and maybe seated with others to fill the seats about 8 for each grill. I had 4 in my group and sat with two other couples, but we still enjoyed semi-private conversations and didn't feel like we were sitting with them. The cook was very skilled and very entertaining with tricks and jokes for the whole table. Everyone orders their dish and everything is cooked right in front of you to order eg medium rare- well done... Our group had combination platters including steak, chicken, scallops, and shrimp; All of which were excellent. The food didn't have a strong flavor, so the steak tasted like grilled steak. Everyone caught a grilled cucumber flipped from the cooks spatula. Food was good, service was good, and the overall experience was entertaining and fun. I recommend Sakura for everyone.