“Great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 32 hotels in Minot
Dickinson, North Dakota, United States
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Made reservations way in advance to have three rooms (one of them a pet room) during fair time. We all showed up for the Kid Rock concert to find that the hotels computer had gone down and they had lost all the reservations. I was expecting nothing but problems however the manager stiepped up and honored our reservations, took care of the whole situation and gave us three very nice rooms. Couldn't have been happier with how all turned out. In all, it's not the Hilton but the price was good and the staff couldn't be more helpful. I'll stay there again any time I'm in Minot.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hazen, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

yes the rooms area good price, they are next to a bar and still being worked on. I had no problem staying there for a week with my wife. I actually made money staying there helping people get there cars running, if they were not drunk and made $300

Room Tip: just ask for what you need in a room and they will try and help
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

This motel is horrible very ghetto. The bar is right in front of it so you can forget about a good nights sleep. The door didn't even close all the way. Dirty room poor lighting. All around horrible. I hate to have to wright bad reviews but some people deserve to know. We stayed one night here. Went to another hotel and were able to stay for $15 more. For all the amenities we have come to expect from hotels in 2013.

• Stayed January 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

This place appeared to be a place where crackheads stay. The room was dark, smelly, and not nice at all. There was a couple getting kicked out, causing a scene, screaming, calling the police and carrying on. It did not feel safe. The only positive was that the staff let me cancel my room without charging me a fee. I was expecting a quaint, cozy, non corporate hotel...but really, it's kind of a dump with drug users as patrons. I am thankful to the staff though, because I'm now relaxing in a much nicer and safer hotel for only $20 more. I wish I could say nicer things...

• Stayed December 2012
Williston, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

well...there were a few issues i had but in all it turned out ok. I like to stay in places where i can save some money. the people here gave me discounts, but double charged my credit card, but in the end they fixed it and i got my money back. the room was fine and the bed was comfortable, though the room was a bit drafty. The bathroom was extremely cold and drafty. they are renovating so i give them credit for the improvements. housekeeping left a little to be desired, but they fixed that also. so all in all...i would stay here again, but would first make sure the room was warmer and i would pay cash.

Room Tip: just make sure your room is warm. even though there were a lot of people in the motel it was fairly...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Yorkton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Rooms are small and certainly not fancy but was extremely clean, staff was nice and beds quite comfortable. Wouldn't spend over $100 to stay there (found a $70 coupon) but for the price it was not bad.

Room Tip: Find a coupon
Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I don’t think it would be possible to have anything but a great experience staying at the Magic City Motel. Work brought me to Minot for the first time this past week and being a frequent business traveler, I have certain needs that need to be met. They not only were… they were exceeded! The Manager Heather and the rest of the staff were very friendly, courteous and made me feel at home and my room was neat and clean. Plus the fast WiFi was a bonus. I had a first rate experience.

I'd highly recommend the Magic City Motel to anyone. Keep up the great customer service!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Magic City Motel? Share your experiences!