“Very Good stay for the price in Minot” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 32 hotels in Minot
West Fargo, North Dakota
“Very Good stay for the price in Minot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed two nights over the weekend. Being a new hotel, it waswvery clean and homey. Check - in was easy and the front desk was very friendly. Our room was on the third floor had two double beds that were comfortable. Room and hotel were very quiet. Room was extremely clean with a fridge, microwave, desk and chair. TV was high def. Bathroom was spacious, althought we ran out of hot water the first morning. The other thing wrong in the bathroom was no hook to hang clothes or towels.

Breakfast was excellent with hot food. I had sausage and scrambled eggs and american potatoes with a full condiment bar. Five choices of cereal, oatmeal, waffles, juices, severval types of breads and four juice types. The only thing missing was bananas, Staff was friendly but not too obtrusive and plenty of seating.

We did not use the pool and there were only three machines in the small exercise room.

Checkout went well without incedent. We are glad we stayed

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sask., Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Room was very clean. Hotel has a warm homey feel. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was ok. We were late so most of the hot food was gone. It was very close to the mall and across from the where the new Kohls is going to be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The lobby is very inviting. Friendly service at check in. Suite rooms are very nice, but the walls are thin. Breakfast was not very good. The fruit salad looked to be at least a week old.
This is a great location for shopping. Just down the street from the Dakota mall. Very easy to get to and get to other places around Minot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mesa, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

The hotel still smells new, very clean. staff with the exception of two people were very friendly. Did not like the feeling at breakfast by a staff member that we were annoying being there. He did not smile, which in turn we felt he was unfriendly. same situation w/ a female who was overseeing house keeping as we did laundry walking back & forth she would just glare/ no smile. Those two individuals I sadly will remember as being the worst part of my experience & enough for me to thing twice when selecting a hotel. The room was clean & new, my kids did like that. They also liked the ammentities but not the look they got when taking a cookie that was there for guests. People need to remember to smile & not glare because your staff can make or break the success to your business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I really enjoyed myself the front desk was really helpful friendly just a joy every time i walked threw the door. breakfast could be a lil better but hey no place is perfect. I had some problems with my room the evening lady apologized and offered to bring me what i needed. i would stay again and again the price was high but just like all the other hotels there if you want your money worth that is a must stay place. I dont know what the guy problem was that comment underneth me but it obvious two sides to this story i refuse to believe any of those women were rude. they had fresh cookies coffee my bed was great My family loved it its close to entertainment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were going to stay for 5 nights, but ended up staying 4.

The first morning we were there, our event was not until the afternoon, so we were a little late getting down to breakfast. The food was still out, but the manager told us he was getting ready to shut things down and would be taking things back. Totally fine, we just wanted to quickly grab some food and sit down to eat, which he seems to be okay with. Midway through our meal, without asking us to leave or otherwise indicating that we're doing something we shouldn't, the manager turns the lights out on us, leaving us to eat in the dark.

We take off for the day, and when we get back in the late afternoon to change clothes, our room hasn't been cleaned. When I called down to the front desk, we were told that we had our privacy tag out (which was untrue) and would have to wait until the next day. Not a big deal, but I ask if we can have some towels sent up. We stay in the room for 20 minutes or so getting ready and take off before the towels get there, thinking that like any normal hotel they will just leave the towels in the room or, worst case, by the door, but when we get back that night, still no towels. Too late to deal with it, so we just re-use our towels, not really a problem, and Friday was fine.

Saturday, we're gone all day, and when we get back around 10pm, the room has not been cleaned again (and again, we did not leave the privacy tag on the door). I call down to the front desk, and the attendant immediately gets defensive, telling me that they have a policy where they don't clean your room every day if you're staying for a longer amount of time (a policy which we were never told prior to that and which isn't written down on any materials I could find), insisting that all hotels have the same policy and challenging me to "name one" hotel that cleans rooms every day. She then called me rude for not waiting for the towels the other day (even though we were in the room for a good 20 minutes after calling) and, when I explained that I left because we needed to be somewhere and I had just assumed they would leave the towels in the room, she acted like that was ridiculous, and said she would 'never violate someone's privacy like that'. She then rudely ends the conversation by asking "So you want towels?" and hanging up the phone as soon as I say yes.

We waited until 11 for the towels to come up, at which point I call back, and the phone just rings and rings. I walk downstairs, and the attendant and the manager are both sitting at the desk. I ask for the towels, and the manager goes back to get them (the attendant doesn't even look at me). When he gets back, he says "If you're not comfortable staying with us, you may certainly leave". This surprises me, and I ask if he's kicking us out. He says he's not kicking us out, but that he would be happy to see us go. I respond that I don't understand where this is coming from, that all I've done is ask for our room to be cleaned and for towels, and he grabs a handwritten note from the desk and angrily points to it and says "this is what we're going to do for you, if it's not to your liking, you should leave". The attendant had written the note, and it describes me as rude and claims that I had called her names, both of which are completely untrue - I had argued with her when she tried to give me excuses for why the room hadn't been cleaned, but I never raised my voice, used rude language, or called anyone any names. When I say this, she gives the manager a look and says something like "see how he is?". I ask for the corporate number and head back upstairs to my room.

There, we book another hotel for our last night, and I call back down to let the manager know that we'll be checking out in the morning. He proceeds to tell me that I can't treat his employees like that, but when I ask him what exactly she claims I had said to her, he's not able to tell me, and I tell him that whatever she's telling him I called her, she's lying. He then wants me to get on the phone with her, which is just ridiculous, and I hang up. This is around 11:15.

We go to bed and fall asleep. Around 11:45, the phone rings, and it's the manager again. My fiance answered the phone, and she says that he had called up the attendant at home and wanted me to talk with her. My fiance tells him that we're asleep and have no interest in spending our night dealing with this, and hangs up. In the morning, we pack up, check out, and spend our last night in another hotel down the street.

If you enjoy not getting your room cleaned, having employees treat you extremely rudely, being falsely accused of calling people names, and then getting harassed late at night by the management, this is the place to stay. Otherwise, book another hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson? Share your experiences!