“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dauphin, Canada
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We frequently travel from Manitoba to Minot for business and household shopping. We have come to love Staybridge Suites as our home away from home. The suites are comfortable, the breakfast is delicious and the staff are always friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DavidBMinot, Manager at Staybridge Suites Minot, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank You for choosing your lodging accommodations with us at the Staybridge Suites, Minot, ND! It is the highest honor to be known as a “Home Away From Home!” I will pass on to the team that you found their service “friendly, the suites comfortable and the breakfast delicious.”

You are always welcome to the States and to stay with us!

Safe Travels,
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wintersville, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Very Clean an very Professional from the Minute you walk in. I have been staying here since end of November. Made the move from another place here in Minot for a long stay from home for work. I spoke with a staff member an explained what I needed not wanted. an the whole team has gone over an above my needs an have even satisfied my wants an never asked what they were. I am departing for the Holiday Break but will be back in January early an plan to stay the rest my time here. VERY WELL MANAGED...EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!!

Room Tip: If you want Quite stay on the 4th floor in the 420 to 434 Zone
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
DavidBMinot, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minot, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Whether you are here in the Magic City from home or work we are honored that you selected to stay with us.

Some businesses forget some of the most basic principles of good customer service. This is a founding rule that we want to embrace for the years to come. I am pleased to read that our team has “gone over and above your needs”. We are listening to you and wish to provide you with a good home environment for you seek refuge from the day to day work place.

You are always welcome stay with us anytime.

Happy New Year,

GM
Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have been staying at the Staybridge for three weeks now, and I am very impressed with the hotel! We were able to request and receive a room on the first floor, and they let us check in early because we arrived in town about 4 hours before the check in time. While we were waiting for our room to be done, they stored our luggage behind the desk for us.
The breakfast is really good, there is coffee available 24/7, and there are dinners every Tues-Thurs. Since we have been here, I don't think we have had the same meal twice! The hotel is always really clean, and housekeeping is spectacular. The biggest plus for me is that they are incredibly sweet to my dog! They give her treats, and don't mind if she barks a tiny bit. We have a full size kitchen, and if I needed something small from the kitchen they were incredibly willing to let me use whatever I need.
The business center is very clean and open, and they have books and games that you can borrow. There is also a movie theater room, which doubles as a good study room because you can shut the doors. The fitness room is really clean, and hardly ever busy. I love how they have yoga mats, pilates balls, and some stretch ropes, along with weights and cardio!
The front desk staff is excellent, and they have gone above and beyond what they needed to do to keep our business! We will stay here and recommend this hotel to all of our friends! It is also easily accesible to the bypass. Within 24 hours of being here, it felt incredibly homey. Wonderful job at this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
DavidBMinot, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minot, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
We are lucky to have such a great guest stay with us here in the Magic City! Thank you for the incredible review. Through your patient wait until your home is ready to move in to we are excited you selected to stay with us. Our goal is to create a home like environment for you to relax and enjoy yourself.

Your attention to detail is second to none and you listed many behind the scenes things in your review that we do to make your accommodations extra special. I am excited that you enjoy the variety of food/ coffee/ games to fitness room and especially allowing us to give treats to your dog. We love pets and they are a huge part of our lives. Our friendly staff will love to hear your positive words.

Wishing you and your family the best holiday season ever. You are always welcome!

Stay Warm,

Coos Bay, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Staybridge hotel

The first night was special. Foot stomping and hearing [--] you over and over again for most of the night. Not sure if it was a conversation with two people or if it was one person on the phone, but was non-stop from the room above. The next day, the front desk was notified, and requested they do something. Got moved to another room. That was worse.
Next door, some guy not only had the television going, but was yelling over that to talk to his partner in the room. This went on ALL NIGHT. Made two calls to the front desk with no resolution. Got absolutely no sleep that night. The following morning I went to the front desk, and told them that I need to move, the guy next door moves, or I go to another hotel. They promised I would be moved to a quieter location.
Later that some day, was told that was not going to happen, but the person next door was checking out. Finally some quiet nights.

Room Service.
The trash would get emptied, and the bed straighten, but beyond that, nothing. No towel service, no replacement of shampoo or conditioner, or kleenex. Yes, we can include no replacement of the toilet paper. This went on for 11 days before I said anything. Was curious how long it would go on, but apparently forever. Was told that if the towels were not on the floor, they would not be exchanged. (The sign in the bathroom said that the towels would be replaced Monday through Friday, nothing about them being on the floor. Last time here, that was not necessary).
Then asked about the other items not being replaced, and the manager could not give me an answer. The following day, supplies requested did show up in the room, but after that, still no service. No replacement of any of the items when empty (and placed in the trash). Obviously when I was told this would be taken care of, it was not.
Towels appeared to be replaced, but not true. They were folded, not replaced. How do I know? I spilled chili on a shirt, and used a corner of a towel with water to clean the shirt. That stain is on the nicely folded towel. Have no idea of the other towels, but definitely has me concerned. Would think it would be easier just to replace the towels.

Privacy.
Had someone walk in one day un-announced last visit here. Used their universal key to get in the room. She was in the kitchen area before she realized that someone was in the room. She said she was looking for someone, and left.
Brought this up to the manager at that timel, and was told that it was a supervisor looking for one of the housekeepers. When I mention that there was no cart by my door, and the door was not propped open (they typically use the latch to keep the door open when cleaning rooms), he then told me she was doing a room inspection. Told this despite that the person initially said she was looking for someone. There is always an excuse.

Hotel smell.
There is now a smell. Didn't notice it at first, but it is there, and may relate to the clientele they have here. Room deodorants are being installed everywhere now, and are very overpowering. They are in all the hallways, and other main rooms. This is something new this past week. Now, can smell both, and is not improving.

There is more, but this is enough.

All I ask for is a clean and quiet room, nothing more. I do not typically write anything on a hotel unless it is positive. Not worth the time or effort to do. This time is an exception! This will be one negative out of all the positive postings, but feel better to let others know. If you are a pipeline worker, fema worker, oil worker, this place is for you. There are many here already. If you are a business professional, then beware. You decide. My next trip to this location will be at a different hotel. There are many here in town, and sure that it will be a hit or miss on what turns up, but do not want to come back to this one. Does “motel hell” ring a bell?

Will say that most of the staff and all the managers are very nice. There is one person at the front desk who does as little as possible. Can't figure out why they keep her. Either she is related to someone in management, or has connections. Good thing I am not the decision maker here.

Have a few more days before checking out. Feel like a prisoner waiting to escape, and really looking forward to getting out of here. There is nothing like getting away from a bad experience, and I am excited about checking out.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DavidBMinot, Manager at Staybridge Suites Minot, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take every guest comment serious and appreciate your feedback.

On behalf of the entire staff and me, we offer you our most humble apologizes for falling short of your expectations. Please know that I will be reviewing each item one by one and dissecting the breakdown and how we can correct the deficiencies. We are human and will make mistakes. We will learn and strive to get better daily. You have been heard and if you would like to reach out to me personally at the hotel 701-852-0852 I would be available to discuss this further with you.

Safe Travels,
Lajord
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I could live in one of these suites forever. Our room had a full size kitchenette....full size fridge, stove top, other appliances, dishes, cutlery, etc.... Bedroom was large and the bed was comfortable. Rooms were clean, very friendly staff, and the free breakfast was great! They have a laundry room for guests to use and a spare room with extra lockers for your use. Pool area was really nice, only wished the pool was a little warmer. There is a center court yard with a outside fireplace and BBQ area, which was beautiful. If you are planning on a family trip, a romantic couples trip or even a business trip, this is the hotel for you. This hotel feels like home away from home. This hotel has everything you could possibly need, all except for an oven.

Room Tip: Pick a room as far away from the main road.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Gabriel m, Front Office Manager at Staybridge Suites Minot, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you, Pauline L.

We are Happy to hear that you fully enjoyed all of our amneties that we have to offer here at the Minot Staybridge. Our team works hard to provide a 'like Home" Enviroment, and it truly is rewarding when a Senior reviewer such as yourself, says "i could live in one of these suites forever". We are glad you enjoyed the Variety of food offered in our free breakfast and evening socials.I will be glad to share your comments with the rest of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again! Please feel free to reach out to us if theres anything you need to make your next stay extra special. Safe Travels.

Gabriel M.
Front-end Operations Manager
Snohomish
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I absolutely loved staying here. The front desk staff offered me a bottle of water when I checked in. The room was very attractive and clean, bed was comfortable, and full kitchenette was a nice surprise. The continental breakfast was great with LOTS of options. Front desk and breakfast bar staff were very friendly and helpful. The GM was visible and interacted with guests. The mid-week baked potato bar and the taco bar were fantastic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
DavidBMinot, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minot, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Fall Fun Wishes to you as you travel! Marcie, Thank you for staying with us here at the Staybridge Suites of Minot, ND! We are excited about the “Fantastic” review from your recent stay!

We are so glad you “Loved” staying here and that the front desk team welcomed you and made you feel at home! The décor of our beautiful hotel has been a huge hit with warm colors and a full kitchen in every suite! We are thrilled that you enjoyed breakfast and the evening social meal! The large assortment of food is key in ensuring a great start and strong finish to your day!

Your wonderful feedback will be passed on to the staff! I would personally like to thank you! On your next visit please stop by the front-desk and ask for Dave!
Sleep well!

Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stay at 8-10 hotels a month around the Midwest and this one is a favorite! Great comfy beds, very clean, and awesome staff. I use the fitness center every morning and it's always well maintained and clean.
I will choose Staybridge whenever I am in Minot.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
DavidBMinot, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Minot, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Great to have you stay with us here at the Staybridge Suites of Minot, ND! Thank you for posting your super comments on tripadvisor! To receive a 5 Star Rating from a frequent traveler like you is an honor!

Your news of enjoying the “Clean” hotel, with “Comfy Beds” and an “awesome staff” is excellent feedback! We have been adding additional items to the fitness room to enhance the total work out experience! Glad it is excelling with all the daily demand! I will communicate to the team your review!

This will motivate them more to provide even better service! We love our jobs and strive to create the best experience each day for our guests!

Thanks again for your kind words! We look forward to your return!

Safe Travels!

David Bussard

Been to Staybridge Suites Minot? Share your experiences!