“I would rather sleep in my truck than ask those awful people for a room.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Select Inn Minot

Save Saved
You added Select Inn Minot to your Saves list
Select Inn Minot
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 22nd Avenue NW, US 83 & 22nd Ave NW, Minot, ND 58703-1066   |
Ranked #22 of 32 hotels in Minot
“I would rather sleep in my truck than ask those awful people for a room.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We were told this hotel had semi truck parking. It didn't and for the first two days we had trouble, had to move the truck in the snow because the general manager wouldn't specify where the parking was when we asked him when we first got there. The day we left we got stuck trying to get out because there were cars parked in a no parking zone and the desk people said they don't take license plate numbers so they couldn't call anybody to move their cars. When I made a first complaint to the desk I was told that I was rude and mean. On my second complaint to the general manager I was told that I was mentally unstable. I had to call the corporate office in order to have anything done about my complaint. I was told by corporate to go ask the gm about compensation and after all that and I know they called to talk to him before this- he still acted as if nothing happened and asked me what the problem was...seemingly ignorant of all the complaints I'd made. The room was fine but the tv remote hardly worked...only the channel buttons. Went to the desk for a new one and the new one had the same problem. Microwave in the lobby was absolutely disgusting. It probably hadn't been cleaned in at least a few months if not longer. There were holes in the wall in the hallway and the floor looked like it wasn't vacuumed for awhile. Housekeepers were cleaning late at night, which is generally unheard of in 99% of the hotel industry (which I've formerly worked in). The internet site advertised free breakfast and coffee, which there was neither. They had starbucks coffee which was more expensive than if you would buy it at starbucks. And on top of all that they had piled up microwave dinners and snacks with outrageously priced tags using sticky notes on them....these were piles up at the corner of the front desk. So I guess I was supposed to pay $2 for a tostinos pizza for breakfast. I wasn't going to write a review because we did get compensated one free night for our five day stay, but when we had to leave and got stuck and they told us we would have to wait for other people to move their cars...that was it. My husband is a truck driver and we are on a schedule, so we should not be told to wait and cost us more money simply because of poor management and poor hotel policy. I'll never come back here and more than likely will avoid this brand in general as the corporate office told me I had to take whatever that awful hotel manager would give me for compensation. If anyone staying here ever needs to contact corporate, look it up online. I asked the desk for a phone number and all I got was a fake email address.

• Stayed March 2013

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

When checking in at the front desk, employees off to the side were making a scene of one employee stealing. Thats not something you want to be hearing when you first walk in. out original reservation was for two nights and we quickly changed it to one when checking in. the hotel smelt very bad and garbage sat out in the hallway the whole time we were there. There were dead bugs squished on the walls, the room was so hot the bathroom looked like it was smoking and we turned the thermostat right off. The bed was very uncomfortable and the pillows were flat. I am a very sound sleeper and I woke up constantly throughout the night. Definitely would not recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
select-inn-mgmt, Owner at Select Inn Minot, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Aaron,

Thank you for your review and for bringing your unpleasant experience with your stay to our attention.

Select Inn recently underwent an ownership change and the new owners are well aware of hotel’s shortcoming.

We are fully committed to make Select Inn a great affordable place to stay with a quality service and comfortable and clean rooms.

I am pleased to inform you that in January 2013 we changed our management and the majority of the staff. New hotel staff members are trained in customer service and wear hotel uniforms.

We purchased new fluffy pillows and new flat screen TVs for all the rooms; upgraded our cable with premium channels, and WI-FI to the highest speed.

We are in the process of designer remodel of the lobby and breakfast areas and are very much looking forward to give Select Inn a fresh new look.

In the mean time, we offereing a great coupon of $59.99 here on the Trip Advisor.

Please give us another chance and check us out again.

Tatyana Mironova, the owner

Been to Select Inn Minot? Share your experiences!