“extended trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Rainbow City, Alabama
“extended trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

when we arrived, we were given a standard queen room, not the suite I was promised and that was listed on the reservation; even though our rate did not change. Hotel is clean. Lots of oil field workers here, so not as quite as I would like. Close to mall and restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hi Cathy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback. I'm pleased to hear you found your accommodations clean as we pride ourselves on your excellent house keeping staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words.
I was a little concerned about the confusion with your booking. All 75 of our rooms are "suites" If fact all room's are the same except the number and size of beds. I certainly hope this clears a little of the confusion. Please feel free to contact me directly as I'd love to talk with you more about your stay.

Jeannie Wright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bismarck, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The people at the desk were so helpful. We were under a lot of stress due to family illness.and they were so nice and thoughtful. I wish I could remember their names but my thoughts were elsewhere. Thanks again to a staff of great people!

Room Tip: We saw one of the large suites a friend had and they were unbelievable.I think all rooms had at leas...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Cleone,

Our deepest symphony's extended to your family and we sure hope your Mother a speedy recover. Although the circumstances were less then ideal we are sure glad your family choose to stay with us during your time here in Minot.
I have shared your compliments with the staff and they join me in thank you for your kind words.
We look forward to welcoming you back on future visits to Minot and wish you and your family the best.

Warm Wishes,
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the room and breakfast .Our flight got in late so we were at the hotel at 11: 40 p.m.. We had a reservation but the woman in charge was training a new person and proceeded to have her check us in. She actually scolded her in front of us and when we asked if we could just get our key (we were prepaid) she kept saying " I need to do this first" and said it 3 more times as we were standing there, waiting. The trainee was embarrassed as were we. I was proud of her for not telling her what she could do with her job. Then she told us we were a "No show". We reported all of this to the manager and she was very kind and apologized and said we would be a "no show" after 7 a.m. the next morning. So it took us 20 minutes to check in but because the manager was kind and the trainee tried so hard we came back 6 days later on our return. Mainstay was great........one person can spoil a good stay!

Room Tip: Referrals from other travelers
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Mary,

It was my pleasure visiting with you the morning of your departure. I sincerely apologize about the incident that took place upon check in. Due to your concerns there has been some additional customer training put into place so situations like that do not happen again. I'm very thankful you choose to give us another chance when coming back into town and hope you will continue to visit during future trips.

Orem, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The Mainstay Suites are designed for longer stays, but we stayed just one night. The room was spacious and quiet. The beds were comfortable. We liked the large refrigerator with a freezer. The suite also has a microwave and small cooktop. The continental breakfast was fine. We would stay here again if we were ever in Minot.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Mike,

Thanks for choosing the Mainstay Suites of Minot for your stay here in the Magic City. It's guest like you that make what we do as a team so enjoyable. Next time in your Minot be sure to stop in as we are making some exciting changes.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stopped in here with another couple, booked the rooms online as pricing was better and the selection of where you want to stay is easier to pick out online than driving around hunting one, of which we have done and those days are over, online booking is here and we have converted, you will too and will come to find it works a lot better than what you use to do, trust us.........
The rooms have full sized appliances so if you want to cook something its all there.
The frontline staff were excellent, the breakfast in the morning was 3.5-4 stars, lots of room and continuously being cleaned.

Room Tip: Book in advance as they Cannot touch the online pricing at the counter, as much as the lady would ha...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
SleepInn M, Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
wingRider,

Thank You so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are glad you were able to enjoy the room amenities like the large refrigerator and freezer. We are sure glad you got a good night sleep in our comfortable bed as well. Next time you come visit be sure to check out our new pancake maker. We hope to see you again real soon.

Safe Travels
Minot, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed at the MainStay from February 22 to April 10, 2014. The hotel did a great job of working with us on the price as we had a family member in the hospital. The staff was great. Our room was cleaned whenever we asked and our needs were met.
Since our checkout, we have returned twice to stay. The first night our room had a crack in the window and marks in the wall behind the door. Out next visit had us in a room where part of the door was chipped off. The hallways could stand to have the walls wiped down as well as the doors to the rooms.
This is a newer hotel in Minot and attention to keeping it in good condition should be a priority. With each stay, I see more and more of how the hotel is becoming rundown.

• Stayed March 2014
SleepInn M, General Manager at MainStay Suites Minot, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Lrcontroller,

I'm glad to hear your stay with us was pleasant. We are currently working hard to update the property and resolve the very issues you were concerned about. We sure hope you will stop in and see us during your next trip to Minot.
Swan River, Manitoba, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Just got back today-April 20th/2014 from two day store and was booked into Room 228. We entered and phoned down to request different room as someone had obviously placed extremely hot fry pan on carpet which melted plastic in carpet and left ugly round depression. Rug needed to be replaced, so they moved us to Room 328. Good thing room staff was outside room as I had to call her in as there were ketchup stains on wall which she wiped down. I later did some cleaning myself around head board and doors. Dried mud in elevators which almost took 24 hours to disappear.Good location behind Dakota Shopping Mall. Breakfast 5-9 am was adequate-sausage/eggs, cereal, toast, yogurt, coffee, hash, white gravy with bacon/eggs next. No juices either day.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms should be good as this is a newer hotel. I am hopeful that my experiences are th...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert,
I'm sorry to hear we failed to meet and/or exceed your expectations during your stay with us. I have addressed these problems with the housekeeping. I hope during a future trip you will come visit us again and see the changes we've made.

Been to MainStay Suites Minot? Share your experiences!