“False Advertisment / Rude Staff” 1 of 5 stars

The Vegas Motel
2315 North Broadway, Minot, ND 58703   |
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Minot
Garrison, North Dakota
“False Advertisment / Rude Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

After reserving a room by phone plainly requesting a pet friendly room and trying to check in at 11, 12 and 3 p.m. the girl who took the phone reservation and was present at 11 and 12 check in attempt, failed to state that pets are not allowed, she left early so someone else had to tell us. No apologies were extended to my wife (Which was her Birthday) or myself for leaving us stranded in a city filled and without any other available accomodations within the city, we had to travel to Bismarck (115 miles) and find a room. We manage a Motel ourselves and would within a second terminate all after-noon staff for this type of ignorence and issue a free three night stay to anyone offended. Managment and staff needs trimming in this facility.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Berthold, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

I was forced to stay here as a last resort the other night due to weather issues. Granted I received great service from the over worked receptionist who was working a double shift due to the weather. However, the rest of my stay left A LOT to be desired.

Hotel is very old style - the only updates are to the bedding and maybe some paint slapped on a few spaces. If you are looking for even DECENT thread count on your bedding don't bother to look here. You could literally see through those sheets.....I only hope they were somewhat clean.

Upon entering our room my ten year old daughter looked the door locks and suggested we move the chair in front of the door before going to bed. There was a dirty towel flung across the suitcase rack, complimentary toiletries were strewn across the vanity almost as an after thought. No hair dryer and when I inquired at the front desk the gentleman there offered to go look for one...I watched him go in to the office and out the back door of the office to the hallway behind...stand there a few minutes and then come back to tell me he had looked and was unsuccessful. Really?

The whole place is dingy, gritty and just has a general air of heebie jeebies. While there seemed to be some respectable clientele in a few of the conference rooms (MLT Vacations was having a meeting and Heritage Singers were giving a performance,) the majority of the clientele seemed listless, grungy and I did not feel safe one bit.

The Heritage Singers performance while great - was noisy and went on well up to 11pm on a week night. They used the great room next to the pool for some sort of staging which is open to several rooms in that wing of the hotel. Not conducive to restful sleep.

About 11pm some drunken man pounded on my door incessantly......I watched the door, chain and all because the dead bolt didn't work sway under the pressure of his pounding just praying it would hold.

$100.00 for this nasty experience...and to think my own bed lay only twenty miles away. I feel screwed....royally.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Hampton, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

My husband and I got married in june and stayed 3 nights during our honeymoon at this motel. The suite was big and very comfortable and it had a private bath/hot tub which was very nice and relaxing. The motel staff were all very kind whenever we came into contact with them. The pool was big and a perfect temperature. I enjoyed my stay here and will stay again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

My family likes to stay ere. They have a pool and hot tub. a game room for kids to play. and the rooms are big.and comfortable.
The employees we came in touch with were very nice and helpful. and the rooms were clean and nice.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Yorkton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

I disagree completely with most, if not all of the reviews posted here. I have stayed at this hotel on all of my trips to Minot, and have enjoyed my stay each time. The rooms are very clean, and the employees at both the front desk and the restaurant have been very friendly and helpful. I can honestly say that I have stayed in far worse hotels in my life....The Vegas Motel always gets a thumbs up from me.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Minot, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

The people running the front desk seem clueless to any information pertaining to this hotel. Internet is sparse throughout the whole hotel, while roaming throughout many of their rooms I was lucky to reach one bar signal barely getting reception for internet surfing. They claim that the hotel has all renovated rooms but that only is pertinent to a select few rooms alongside the pool, the rest of the couple hundred rooms are horrible as my co workers and I have gone through a dozen or so of them. These crappy rooms have rusted faucets and shower heads that accompany a 70s look from the wear and tear. The beds are horrible as they have stains, rips and tears in many of the beds. The sheets are never cleaned and you will be lucky to get any sleep as the floor is more comfortable than the beds, as I were forced to sleep on it because of the rock hard boxes they call beds. Good luck with the air conditioners too because it is typically hot and humid throughout the hallways especially heating up in the rooms as the air conditioners usually make loud noises which never pump out any sort of cool air. Waste of money, would recommend sleeping in your vehicle than staying here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

Wow, like walking back into the early 80's. Cleanliness at a low, please don't look closely at the edges of the room, the back of the bathroom door, or pretty much anywhere else in the bathroom. I have stayed in three rooms now , one smelled so badly of mold that I asked to be moved. The rooms along the poolside become a sauna at night, as the building's old school air conditioner only will turn on if it is above 68 degrees OUTSIDE. If you are like me, you don't appreciate waking up covered in sweat at 3 am. Wireless internet is advertised, but I have yet to encounter a signal. With the oil activity in the area keeping most motels full, the Vegas charging $61/night corporate and up to $100/night for others (this new found wealth that isn't going away anytime soon) you would think they could update this place a little, not just "take the money and run". Pay the extra money, stay at the Holiday Inn, or if you can get a room, The Grande International is a good spot as well.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to The Vegas Motel? Share your experiences!