“OLDER MOTEL” 2 of 5 stars

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

1. for oilriggers or truckers
2. not for extended stay people
3. they fix the windows so they will not be drafty
4. bar the help is friendly no specials.. bar food not that great.
5. laundry the machines don't dry all the way
6. cleaning of rooms are need help.. tub are not being cleaned not toilet, carpet not vacuum.
what radtech and deb v written have lots to say also.

Room Tip: I have no tip but got to understand minot is a place for greed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

19 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

If you need a basic motel with no frills this is it. Limited continental breakfast options, we ended up going out to eat. Average customer service. Old rooms need upgrading, still have metal keys. Just a place to sleep not spend extended time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Regina, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I wish I had read more reviews before booking at Dakota Inn. The price was the cheapest in town last minute on President's Day weekend - 80$/night. The place looks like a prison cell - white cinderblock walls, thin carpet over hardfloor (cut away under the beds so bare subfloor completely shows), claustrophobic bathroom with sink beside the bed.

Pros - bed surprisingly comfortable for how you can see and hear the springs. Towels were actually soft to touch, not starchy like usual hotel towels.

Cons - I booked a room with a single queen/king sized bed. When we arrived it was a room with 2 doubles - too small for my husband and I to comfortably share one bed. I asked about moving to a room with a single queen, but was told that the room I was in had 2 queens. Umm, no. There was a significant language barrier but I finally assumed he was trying to tell me there were no other rooms available, so we made do.

The worst thing about this hotel was the smell. Now entirely non-smoking, we must have gotten what was until a month ago a smoking room. The room reeked of air freshener, which only thinly veiled the odor of ash. The pillows absolutely REEKED of cigarette smoke, and as a non-smoker it was awful. There were holes melted in the polyester blankets from people smoking in the beds. Even my husband, who is a smoker, found it disgusting.

Continental breakfast was a joke. White bread, english muffins, mini cake donuts, sugary cereals. the closest thing to a fruit or healthy food was orange juice and whatever the milk was.

Next time we spend the extra money and get a hotel room we don't feel we need to disinfect ourselves after staying at!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
minot
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The place is older but it is cleanand has a bar has friendly but expensive and swimming area is cozy. The only thing I see is their continual breakfast is somewhat desire! The beds are newer than grand internal!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Hard to know where to start. The carpet had dirt and dust piled up around the edges, and generally grubby and twenty years old. Windows ancient and my room faced the highway. Dirty room Bed was odd, and sheets very worn and thin. I considered changing hotels but was to tired and worn out from the day to go through the effort. The outside of the hotel has been recently upgraded, but certainly not the inside. Normally I am not a picky traveller, but this place was way, way under cared for.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Dakota Inn because it was the only place in town that wasnt booked up. We were charged $130 for one double bed and given a "discount" because we were referred by choice hotels because they had no vacancys. As soon as you walked in the lobby you were hit in the face with the smell of smoke. The rooms were outdated by about 30 years the comforter looked stained and dingy. The towels were stained and felt like you were drying yourself with bark from a tree! And the brick wall in the room felt as if you were sleeping in a prison cell. My boyfriend also woke up around 3 AM to see a tall dark shadow of a man walk through our room and into the wall. In the morning when we asked the front desk if anybody had reported seeing things and they told us a man who had stayed at the hotel a lot years ago, was murdered and said to be seen around the hotel at night. If you want to pay an arm and a leg to stay in a prison like setting, this is your spot!

• Stayed July 2012
Manitoba
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Booked 2 rooms for 2 nights. We had a change in plans and was not able to go to the Fair. I called to cancel the rooms and some guy said "yeah I will cancel". I received a message asking if we were coming cause they can rent out the rooms. I called the next day and they said they have no record of me cancelling. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Dakota Inn? Share your experiences!