We are a family of two children, age 12-14, and two adults, age 49. We spent one week at the Bolero in July -13. Golden Sands is a crowded and noisy place, but the Bolero stands out as an oasis with the buildings in an almost closed circle around the garden and pool area. It’s a completely different world than outside. Inside everything is more quiet, very clean and pleasant, and the whole staff is friendly and professional. The receptionists were extremely helpful and spoke English, French and German. Rooms were nice and kept spotless, very good air condition. Pools also nice, children’s at the ground level and a more adult one at the upper level. Plenty of sun beds and usually no problem to find one. Beach towels are included and you can change them every day if you want. The hotel also has its own area at the beach. It’s about a 150 m walk from the main entrance and has parasols and sun beds plus a small bar that is included in the package. The restaurants were great, good variation and high quality. Don’t forget to try the Bulgarian which is small and hidden behind the big grill restaurant, and try the chicken kebab. Delicious! The main restaurant has a strict dress code, men need long trousers, otherwise casual. The three others are not so strict. Everything is all inclusive, with a few exceptions: You have to pay 49 Leva for the safe deposit box, and 10 Leva for 12h of WiFi in the rooms. The last thing is parking which is a big problem in the whole Golden Sands area, and therefore expensive. It’s 20 Leva pr day at the hotel. Lastly there is the Spa department where you can get several kinds of treatments at extra cost. There is free WiFi in the Lobby; it was reasonably fast and reliable. The WiFi network in the rooms was less reliable and fell out from time to time. Except from this I would say that all in all the hotel standard was at the level of good Western Europe congress hotels.
Only once was I reminded of the old times Eastern Europe mentality: When you order soft drinks like Coke in the pool bar you get it in small glasses. When you order beer you get a big glass. I like diet coke, and the bar was a distance from where we had our base, so I asked to get coke in a big glass. This was not possible, I could get as many small glasses as I wanted, but not coke in a big one. The only explanation was that this is the rule. It was almost charming…
On our day of departure we had a very late flight and the bus left the hotel at 21.30. Even though check out time was 12.00 we were told that we could keep our all-inclusive rights the whole day, and we could use the showers and lockers in the spa department. Very convenient.
A few tips: Don’t use the money exchange service in the hotel, the rate is OK, but they have an 8% service charge. There is a bank machine down at the beach, just to the left when you get down from the hotel. There is also an exchange service at the airport, don’t use that, the rate is terrible!
Rent a car for a couple of days and have a look around. We booked one from Avis from home with delivery at the hotel. The point is that the hotel has its own rental service with Technocar wich is much cheaper (68 Leva pr day for a class B, Hyundai Getz), and then you get free parking as well. The only drawback is that you may want a GPS and I don’t know if Technocar can provide that. Don’t miss the Aladzha Monastery which is built in caves, just 4-5 km from the hotel.
In conclusion: One of the best holiday resorts I have seen, we loved it and highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ultra all-inclusive Grifid Club Hotel Bolero enjoys a great location in a quiet area of Golden Sands just a few yards from the sandy beach, offering plenty of facilities and dining options.The recently built, modern complex provides tastefully furnished rooms and impeccable services with many recreational and entertainment possibilities. Grifids facilities include 2 swimming pools with a Jacuzzi, sun terraces and lounge chairs, sun umbrellas and pool towels.If you like sports, there are tennis courts, a multipurpose sports field for soccer, volleyball and basketball, water polo and aqua-gym and many other options available in the area. Unwind in the spa with a steam bath, massages or beauty treatments.Close to the Grifid Club Hotel Bolero there are many shops, bars, restaurants, nightclubs, a casino and the beach with many options for sports and entertainment.If you need any recommendations how to spend your day, do not hesitate to contact the reception desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Grifid Hotels Club Hotel Bolero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grifid Hotel Golden Sands
- Grifid Hotel Bolero
- Grifid Hotels Club Hotel Bolero Golden Sands, Bulgaria - Varna Province