“Great place for business and pleasure!” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Grand Hermitage Alley, Golden Sands 9007, Bulgaria   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 105 Hotels in Golden Sands
Rutland, Vermont, United States
“Great place for business and pleasure!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

It was my first visit at the hotel and I have to say that I am very pleased with my experience. The service was excellent from the very beginning and the organization of the conference I attended was outstanding. The conference room was spacious and bright, timing was perfect, all the staff knowledgeable and professional! Being located on the beach and the comfort of the room made my stay that much more enjoyable and the transition from business to pleasure very easy. After hours of meetings being able to escape into the beauty of Golden Sands in a matter of minutes was something I really appreciated. I would highly recommend the hotel to all my friends and colleagues visiting the area.
Overall it was a great experience, one I would gladly repeat.

Wishing you a very prosperous New Year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
qualityhermitage, Accommodation Director at Melia Grand Hermitage, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Mr. Nikolay G,

We would like to express our gratitude on behalf of the entire team of Melia Grand Hermitage for the high evaluation
of our work and the warm wishes.

Combining leisure and conference tourism is not an easy task for sure. Thanks to our team of professionals and dedicated staff we could differentiate the guest from the all market segments and provide them the same level of service and attention they expect from us. Thank you and thanks to you we will continue even harder.

We wish you and your family a very happy year and we are looking forward to welcoming you again at Melia Grand Hermitage.

Best Regards,

Accommodation Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

It has been years since the last summer vacation I had on the Bulgarian sea side. Listening to my friends' stories I thought it was not for me - average hotels, crowded beach and pools, poor food ...
Thank God I found the one place in the Golden Sands, I could call my personal paradise retreat :)
Your hotel is beautiful. The rooms are well-appointed and had everything necessary in them. The location - right on spot. I truly enjoyed all your facilities and could not be happier with what we had on the plate.
It will not be fair to miss out the service. After all it is mainly what gives the hotel this special feel of being almost at home and looked after. We even had the chance to meet your leisure tourists lady - a true professional taking care of few very picky guests ;) and a lovely person.
Both my company and I would not hesitate to visit you again!
Have a great holiday!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
qualityhermitage, Accommodation Director at Melia Grand Hermitage, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Mrs. Greta ZG,

We are delighted that you have discovered once again the Bulgarian sea side, and especially that you enjoyed so much your stay with us!
We believe that travelling is not just going from one place to another. The journey is in every sensation, in every person that shows you something new. That is why every single person, part of our staff, is dedicated to provide the best quality of service. To leave the best sensations in our guests we always give the best of our self's. We will continue improving and trying to exceed your expectations.

The team of Melia Grand Hermitage will be happy to welcome you again on your next summer vacation.

Kind Regards,

Kish Island, Iran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel in this augest for one week with two of my friends. The rooms are clean and spacious with good bathrooms. The staffs are okay but as much as their duty. The pools are great and clean. The breakfast is boaring as the lunch and dinner. But go for all inclusive because of the drinks if not you have to pay allot while you are in hotel pools . I don't know why such a hotel should not has a disco. But you have all day demo and gamea and funs in hotel. And with no doubt its the best choice you can have in goldensands.

• Stayed August 2012
qualityhermitage, Accommodation Director at Melia Grand Hermitage, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Mr. Emad_Ladonni,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your opinion and experience from your stay at Melia Grand Hermitage.
We are really proud to be a team of professionals making effort to give the best quality of service every single guest.
We firmly believe thereby our guests can feel and sense the Melia Experience.

Maybe at some point you haven’t felt it and we will be delighted if you are visiting us once again in order to see the difference. The All Inclusive concept is certainly a good choice for a holiday as you can have refreshing drinks and everything you need while relaxing at the swimming pool. Our animation team is taking care all day long and evening for the guests, making sure that they are having fun, and there is a great variety of knight clubs and discos close to us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Melia Grand Hermitage.

Sincerely yours,

Usa, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

The staff was very helpful ! We had a conference and stayed for 4 nights at the resort, it was great. The pool is nice, the access to the beach is easy and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff was always helpful, from check in to technical staff , at the resturant etc...the food wasnt that special , we actually like eating at different resturants so we tried many arround the resort.

I liked this hotel a lot and the rates were very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
qualityhermitage, Quality Manager at Melia Grand Hermitage, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear TravelIBUsa,

We are glad that you and your colleagues had a great time in our hotel. Thank you for having taken from your time to write this review which, of course, is very valuable for us.
We will expect to welcome you again for a future business trip or vocation.

Kind regards,
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for three nights. It's really 5-stars hotel. Tne see is only 5 minuts away from the hotel, but when I was there water in the see wasn't warm enough for swiming, so we used swimmigpools. There is big swimmigpool inside - it`s helpful when the weather isn't warm.
The hotel has big territory and a good infrastructure.
The food was varied and tasted.

Room Tip: If you will take the room with sea view, you may suffer from noise.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
qualityhermitage, Quality Manager at Melia Grand Hermitage, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear fortuna7-7-7,

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and many thanks for the time taken to share your comments.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

For many years now I have been in a professional business traveller staying in some of the world’s top hotels. Over the years I have submitted hundreds of reviews and cast a very critical eye upon the standards set against my expectations. When it comes to holiday accommodation i am very careful of where i stay and expect high levels of service. I have just stayed at this FABULOUS hotel for a week and must say I can’t wait to go back next year. From the correspondence (e-mails) i received from customer service before my arrival, and all the way through my stay, the service was outstanding. We upgraded to the Level and it was well worth it. We had a large superior room on the 7th floor with sea view, big bathroom with shower and bath, dressing gowns and quality toiletries replenished each day. Free minibar housing water, Fanta, coke, beer, nuts crisps and a toblerone. From 2.30pm until 5 pm there was free alcoholic drinks (all spirits), soft drinks,tea,coffee and hot chocolate in the Level living room on the 8th floor. Afternoon tea started at 4pm with a selection of cakes and nuts and finished at 5pm. Included in the package was free use of the sauna. Also a separate dining area for Level guests. We were on All Inclusive and the service in the Level restaurant was superb. We had freshly squeezed juice every day and the breakfast buffet was extensive. Some days we had champagne and there was smoked salmon. The waitresses always were amazing and always replenish drinks and cleared plates swiftly and with style. I specifically would like to commend Dil Yana for the service she gave to us at each sitting. The Level has a separate check-in that too was amazing.The concierge could not have been anymore helpful. The hotel is set back from the road so it is fairly quiet. There is a nice beach in front and the hotel has its own beds free for Level guests. Make sure you go to the white pagodas in the wood as it is reserved for Level guests too .. amazing . Plenty of beds around the pool, free towels and separate area for the Level guests. I would say that this hotel is well worth a visit if you enjoy nice surroundings, lovely staff, excellent food, excellent standards and a FABULOUS holiday.

Room Tip: The Level rooms on floors 8 & 7
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear professionaltravel0,

On the behalf of the whole Melia Grand Hermitage team I would like to thank you for the wonderful words about our hotel facilities and services. We highly appreciate the score you have given to us in this review and it will give us motivation to keep up with the good work.

We are looking forward to welcome you again next year and to exceed your expectations.

Best wishes,
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed 11th-16th August. Had my kids with me, ages 12 and 8. The stay exceeded my expectations. I am Bulgarian and well traveled. We had a lovely room with a sea view. Spacious room, lovely shower, the aircon did its job. The food was great, the pool was not over crowded, the sea just 2 min slow walk from the pool. One of the most pleasing features of this hotel is their staff. Receptionists, Animators, Waiters, Life guards, Cleaning ladies, the guy in charge who constantly sniffs for any probs were all absolutely amazing. They all try really hard to please everyone. I had a massage which was absolutely fine. We will be coming back this Summer. Thanks for the lovely time guys.
Anton

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Anton A,

We are really very happy that we reach your satisfaction and you have spent great holiday together with your children. Thank you for finding the time to share your impressions here in Tripadvisor, and we are truly happy because of your nice words about our staff.

We will expect you next summer and continue to offer you even more excellent services.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Anna Gancheva

Been to Melia Grand Hermitage? Share your experiences!