“Wonderful staying” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 105 Hotels in Golden Sands
Budapest, Hungary
“Wonderful staying”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

We have been to Hotel Preslav in the middle of August. We spent 5 days there. This hotel is so close to the beach and a lot of restaurants and shops, too, but there is a forest what surrounds the hotel, so we can also relax. The food was wonderful we can choose from the local specialties to the international dishes. This 5 days was all inclusive so we can drink at the lobby all day soft and alcoholic drinks too. Thank you for the staff that they always help us if we need. They made our holiday unforgottable because they were always friendly, happy and funny. We will go back to Hotel Preslav as soon as possible! :)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
chisinau
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

First - about the golden sands and Varna - I had a feeling that I arrived in a country of thiefs.
Of course I was cheated at Money exchange, how I understand later, like majority who came in Golden Sands and change money not at the bank, most bulgarian are very rude and unpolite, so you need to be prepared of that and be every time aware of burglars.

Hotel - cheap and old.
The only good point for me - very quite ! I wanted this, is surrounded of a park, away from the road full of cars and drunk turists.
Not very far from the beach 5-7 min walk.
My room was very modest but i didnt have big expectation for it. BUT where were the thick curtains to keep me away from courious eyes during the day and night ?? It was realy strange for me that there were only transparent curtains.
The food - really, quite normal, fruits, fish, meet, you can find and choose whatever you like for sure.
But the hotel NEED RENOVATION!!! I had the feeling that I'm in the past, 15-20 yaers ago and is a big pity because it has a really good location.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Michalovce, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

My boyfriend and i stayed in this hotel for the first time. We were very suspicious about it because of others reviews. But we were really surprised. Room was cleaned every day, we get a new towels every day also. Room was all right, no dirty. Maybe a little small but never mind. Food was also very nice and good, they changed the meals every day, and also the choice was pretty well. (meats,fish,potatotes, rise, french fries, and many salads, fruit, and some sweet cakes or pudings. All inclusive is very good here, but one small problem is that the bar and also the restaurant closes at 9 pm. (also the bar with the alcohol),but until 11-9 you can eat and drink wthat you want...There is also nice frower garden, where you can sit,drink, or just relaxing. The hotel is close to the beach,maybe 100 m throught the short "forest" and across the street, you are there. But the best was the location at golden sands, is really in centre of life, bars, restaurants, shops and so on... So my advise is- be nice to staff people, and you will not have a problem with anything :)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The hotel is awful! The rooms are small and smelly, the furniture in the room was old and the bathroom door was dirty; the food was very very bad, hardly something to choose from; vegetarians have little chance to have something decent to eat. I had all inclusive but when I asked for a cappuccino, they said they don't make it. The area the hotel is situated in is quiet, but pretty close to all the bars and shops. It is far from the beach and i will never stay here again and i don't recommend it to anyone, especially families with children, go somewhere else.

On the positive side, there was WiFi free in the lobby and the sheets seem clean. I think the hotel has also a renovated wing, ask to be accommodated there!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sibiu, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed one week with the family. The value is ok for ***. The location is in a quiet area, close to the beach. Breakfast was included, wi fi available in the room. Giorgi from the reception was very nice.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Minsk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were there in June-July 2011, I couldn't select it in the dropdown list for some reason.
Pros
- Far from the noisy streets. A lot of trees and grass on the territory.
- Not far from the sea (for the 3rd line).
- Cheap.
- Wi-Fi was available in the room.
- Bathroom was ok
- Enough food, and it was of good quality.
- Air condition for free
- Close to the bus stop (for those who want to visit Varna)
- Free umbrellas and sunbeds beside the pool.
Cons
- Room was pretty old and poor. White concrete walls, old furniture, dim lamp, dirty air con and etc. We got twin room instead of double as it was requested. Fridge was not working, and I asked to replace it maybe 5-6 times. Each time I was told that it will be fixed or replaced and nothing changed.
- Monotonous breakfasts (but not bad)
- Noisy and boring performance program for children right under our balcony each evening.
- I didn't like the pool. It is below the average standard.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor right above the reception have Wifi but very noisy
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sofia, Bulgaria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I only give one point because I can't give a negative. I don't even know where to start. First, they call us while we were on our way there to tell us that the rooms that were supposedly booked for us nearly a month before our vacation were double (maybe triple or more) booked so they have to put us in a suite for 2 nights and then move us to two double rooms. When we got there the lady working the front desk looked like she had no idea where she was. She had no information about the offer the hotel had. And she wasn't the only employee who was completely incompetent. No one told us where the room so I had to go around and look for it. I met two maids on the way who could't help me either. One of the bartenders was nowhere to be seen most of the time.
As for the room, it reeked like cigarettes and didn't look like it was cleaned after the last occupants. There were squashed bugs all over the walls, blood and everything. The bed was very uncomfortable. There were springs or something poking out. The sheets were so worn out they had holes in them. And some of them had stains.
The restaurant wasn't 3* either. The food itself wasn't bad but some plates would run out almost immediately and either not get replaced at all or get replaced after at least 30min. The capacity of the restaurant wasn't even nearly enough to sit all the guests so you had to stand aside with your plate and wait for someone to finish eating. It was unbearably hot and your clothes soaked up all the different food smells.
Didn't go to the pool so I can't say for sure but it didn't look exactly appealing. It smelled very strongly of chlorine even from afar and didn't look very clean.
When we didn't get what we were promised we asked for the manager and the front desk girl said that even if she could reach him there is nothing he could do.
Do yourselves a favor and DON'T go there!!!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Preslav Hotel? Share your experiences!