My partner and myself stayed here last august and it was our first holiday abroad together. To say that we were disappointed is an understatement. Firstly, we checked in at gone 4am as it was a long commute from Burgas. The lady on reception could not understand what we were saying as she spoke poor English. We were tired as it was and she was asking us for a booklet from the travel agent. We were not given one. After half an hour of this, we finally got To our room and it was on the side of the hotel. We had paid for a seaview room. We also had a roof top where our balcony was and didn't feel safe enough to leave our door open at night. Considering that we had booked over a year in advance, we thought this was poor. We didn't go down to reception to complain as we have read that people were charged for changing rooms and simply because the staff's English was so poor. Consequently, we did not sleep most nights as people kept leaving the fire escape doors open on higher floors which banged in the wind. No-one seemed to check the fire escapes which is quite worrying. The food was average with not much choice or flavour, which gave us both dioreah and sickness as the chicken was not cooked properly. The staff were unfriendly and rude, saying "what" instead of pardon if they did not understand. The exception though was George on the bar in obzor and the concierge. She was very helpful when my partner was ill. The room and the hotel were exceptionally clean though, that was one positive. I have stayed here before about 7 years ago with my family when it was run by iberostar. It has not improved, it has gone downhill. I have given 2 stars as it was very clean and the bar facilities were excellent. Would not recommend. If we stay in golden sands again, it will be in a different hotel. Resort is excellent, just not the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SENTIDO Golden Star / Obzor Beach/ hotel is a part of SENTIDO GOLDEN STAR / Obzor Beach & Izgrev/ hotel complex situated very close to the sea shore, within the Golden sands resort, 18 km from the city of Varna and 28 km from Varna airport. The beach in front of the hotel is wide covered with fine and clean sand. This makes the place perfect for families with little children. A regular mini-train travels from the hotel to the resort center, which can be easily reached walking along the seashore promenade. The hotel is a 9-floor modern building, built and furnished in 2000. All guests are welcome from May till the end of October in 219 cozy single, double and family rooms with sea and park view. The number of double rooms includes family rooms with connecting door. The hotel offers 8 luxury apartments, 4 of them with 2 bedrooms. All rooms have balconies. There are a large foyer and a lobby-bar in the hotel ground floor, decorated in pastel colors. Offered services are 4-star category. SENTIDO Golden Star Family / Izgrev / hotel is a part of SENTIDO GOLDEN STAR / Obzor Beach & Izgrev/ hotel complex situated very close to the sea shore, within the Golden sands resort, 18 km from the city of Varna and 28 km from Varna airport. The hotel is a 7-floor modern building, built and furnished in 2001. All guests are welcome from May till the end of October in 192 cozy single, double and family rooms with sea and park view. The number of double rooms includes family rooms with connecting door. All rooms have balconies. The hotel offers 9 luxury apartments. There are a large foyer and a lobby-bar in the hotel ground floor, decorated in pastel colors. Offered services are 4-star category. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your SENTIDO Golden Star reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Obzor Beach - Izgrev Hotel Golden Sands
- Iberostar Golden Sands
- Iberostar Hotel Golden Sands
- SENTIDO Golden Star Golden Sands, Bulgaria - Varna Province