“Much worse than last year !” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
EARLY BIRD SUMMER DEALS
Ranked #17 of 103 Hotels in Golden Sands
Bucharest, Romania
“Much worse than last year !”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Hello everybody
This year I spent my holiday at Riu Dolce Vita beetween 25th of August - 1st of September .
I am a constant customer of Riu Hotels , but this year , I had my first negative experience with this brand.It is the second consecutive year when I spent the holiday at the Riu Dolce Vita and I was surprised by the negative evolution of the services at this hotel.
I do not want to bore you too much with the description of conditions, I am going only to point out the issues that have been modified since last year.
Negative evolution:
- Cleaning in the room-disaster ... it is unacceptable that at a 4 star hotel , during a holiday of 7 nights , do not clean more than once , after 4-days staying and at our specific request submited at the reception.
Although I was careful to leave everyday on the door the green card "please make up my room", I was ignored with nonchalance, moreover, on the fifth day , the card was taken from the door and it has not appeared at all.
The cherry on the cake was put on the last day ... We have choosen to empty our room early in the morning around 9 o'clock, leaving only a bag of food for the road: sweets for child, sticks, chips, soda, juice, fruits ... all bought by us from the hotel supermarket (not taken from the restaurant as I have seen that others have done ), all packaged and unopened, stored in a bag in the fridge.At 11.50, I walked upstairs to take this last bag, but the card was already blocked (although check-out is at 12). Finally, we have unlocked the card at the reception and we could enter the room but surprise ... the bag was no longer in the fridge. The room-maid ignored the red card "Do not disturb" that we had left on the door, entered the room, took the bag and left ... no way to clean !
It has followed my official complaint at the reception, investigation, embarrassing situations with respective room maid showing us the garbage in order to identify the missing products and a huge disgust.
I noticed the same indolence at the employees from the pool aria ... I once asked for help to close an umbrella and they passed me from one to another, motivating that it's not their job to do that I I sould go to the lifeguard to ask him to help me! ! They were busy with a facial massage performed by a girl from the Spa Center.
At the same chapter "disappointing staff" , I mention Alex, head of entertainment team ... I know him for 2 years from Sunny Beach and I had a good impression so far. This year I found a changed Alex, self-satisfied and arrogant , without a trace of interest for the entertainment of the tourists but only for his benefit , as a result, the entertainment was very poor, artistic programs without salt and pepper ... without a bit of liveliness. Moreover, I was surprised that he has actually allowed hiself to yell at each tourist who does not listen to his instructions ... ugly.
In order not to be unfair with all the team, I want to mention Itzo, another member of entertainment team who I know for 3 years and who was very friendly and kind and who has done a very good work and had a proper attitude towards the tourists.
I do not want to mean that all staff have behavior problems ... those mentioned by me are negative exceptions, otherwise, staff was ok and I have to praise up the bartenders who have hardly worked all day long and still could find resources to dance beside the tourists at the closing time. A big BRAVO for them !
-Another chapter that has fallen this year is gastronomy. Food of poor quality, many frozen products , cheese made by vegetal fat, fish - pangasus (salmon and mackerel only once at the dinner), vegetables recycled from a meal to another, such as corn and tomatoes smelled and tasted horrible sour at dinner , sweets and ice cream- awful, etc.. It is the only holiday when I managed to lose 1.5 Kgs!
- Parking: RIU Dolce Vita is the only one RIU Hotel from Bulgaria which has paid parking ( all Bulgarian Riu Hotels have free parking )... 10 Lv/ day for an unguarded parking seems to be a bit expensive!
However, there were pluses too...the hotel courtyard setting with those fountains and lights, benches and trees on the central alley , gave a particular beauty to the outdoor area of ​​the hotel.
In conclusion ... I will avoid to recommend this hotel to other people from now on.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Very good service. In resturants always be able to find something tasty for me. New rooms with great sea view. In evening at the hotel are quiet, it is a bit away from the center of Golden Sands, but it is good if you want quiet relaxation. The sea is 200-300m, if the hotel be closer to the sea it could be five stars because everything fits to five stars. I am well rested and thing again next year to go.

Room Tip: sea view from 7 floor started
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tehran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

when i was in golden sands, i stayed in International hotel. but i found one of my friends in the beach and he stayed in Dolce Vita.
we meet each other in Dolce Vita and it has cool atmosphere, better that International casino hotel...
althoght international hotel is 5* and Dolce vita is 4*
if you are mid age or young, it is better for you
if you are old i suggest international casino hotel

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Bucharest
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is a good jotel, but only a hotel. Food and service, amayzing. The rooms very big, nice terrace.
The pool area is small, pool chairs were occupied in the morning with towels and, sincerily, otherwise you could not find a chair later.
There is no private beach for the hotel, this I consider a minus.
Minidisco was just 30 min per night, the adult shows not very good, but ok.
Nice vacantion, not special.

Room Tip: The rooms from 1st floor much bigger.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Iasi, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We have chosen this hotel because it is a new hotel from a known hotel chain and due to the 25% reduction practiced by most travel agencies.

We traveled by car and we arrived at 11 (accommodation is at 14). The hotel is located at the southern edge of the resort, in the quiet area. We already knew that there will be problems with the parking, which has a limited number of places. We waited around 3 hours to receive a parking lot and during that time we also received the room. The alternative is the paid parking at Hotel Riviera, but I preferred to wait to have the car under supervision. We received champagne at the reception.

We stayed in a junior suite room, 1st floor, which was very spacious, with two adjacent single beds, a sofa bed and cot for the baby. Camera looks great, with tiles on the floor, LCD TV. The beds had two good quality mattresses, but I found the pillows to be somewhat uncomfortable. The bathroom was equipped properly and looked great. The only small problem that I would like to mention would be that the central AC unit dripped water from time to time, but it wasn't very disturbing, and that the tiles in the bathroom was not fitted perfectly and collected water. We had access to the terrace, which was quite large. The sea is not visible from the 1st floor and I think only from the 5th floor up you can actually see the Black Sea. The elevators were ok, but we had to wait quite a lot for a coming elevator.

The room was cleaned every day, but not thoroughly. Towels are changed, if left on the floor in the bathroom.

Soon after we arrived we received the AI bracelets and we had access to all the hotel facilities. The hotel has two outdoor pools and one indoor The 2 outdoor swimming pools are ok, one with children section. We stayed most of the time the small pool that had a depth of 1.6m. Loungers by the pool were free and the towels could be changed anytime. A minus worth mentioning would be the absence of toilets near the pool. There is a bathroom downstairs in the middle of a section of the hotel, which was quite uncomfortable.

Between 12-15 the snack bar was opened, where they served pizza, hot dogs, fries, ice cream, etc.. Drinks were ok, even more ok than I expected.

The animation team was ok trying to attract as many tourists to the games during the day: volleyball, water polo, rifle shooting, soccer, ping-pong. There is also a room with fitness equipment.

Evening shows were organized by the animation team or outside artists. Children were delighted. For the adults can not say that the shows are extraordinary, but we could relax on the terrace while the children were busy with the show. A little problem was the terrace tables, which were insufficient and it was difficult to find a free table after dinner. Chairs on the terrace are relatively uncomfortable.

The food was varied and quite good. Quite rich breakfast, pizza at almost every meal, to the delight of children and quite tasty food in general. Dinner is served in two series, with half hour break in between. At the beginning of the second series it was quite crowded. Longer queues formed from time to time, especially in the morning for pancakes, and generally at the beverage dispenser with fresh juices. There were special chairs for infants.

The hotel is not on the beach and does not have its own beach. The road to the beach is relatively short (around 400-500m), no stairs (only about 5 stairs near the sea).

The beach is relatively clean and not too crowded. You can rent lounge chairs and umbrellas (30 leva two lounge chairs, umbrella and two mattresses for sun beds). The water is relatively clean. There are beach bars, but with steep prices. It is preferred to buy drinks from shops on the street, not far away and where prices are half. Entry into the sea is quite smooth, with a portion not very wide with sea shells at the entrance.

As a conclusion, we had a nice time at the hotel and I recommend Riu Dolce Vita.

Room Tip: The junior suite room is larger, taller and has a big terrace.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Bucharest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Big and spacious room, very modern furniture and design including the bathroom. the beds are extremely comfortable, like you are sleeping in a cloud. The air conditioning works on 3 levels from the highest power to the sleep mode, which is quite and keeps a cool air in the room.
The staff was great, the receptionist speak English, French and German besides Bulgarian, the same as the animation team.
They have fun games all day long like volleyball, polo, rifle shooting, etc.
The pools are clean, big and well oriented so at any time of the day you can have sun or a bit of shadow.
We had an all inclusive package and the variety of food was impressive. The cocktails and not that great, just colored juice with some alcohol.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was really a great trip, the hotel is brand new and you can tell by looking at it!
The lobby is huge and impressive, the All-Inclusive deal is really worth it: you can stop in at any of the 3-4 bars around the hotel for a nice cold drink.
The rooms were all very clean, spacious, and comfortable.
The two outdoor pools are both very refreshing and pleasant, especially the upper one that has some shade from the trees.
The service was great, and the animation team really puts in an effort to make sure that everyone is having fun, not just the kids!
I found it perfect, because I frankly don't care about being right on the beach (less than 5 minutes away). I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Golden Sands!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Riu Dolce Vita? Share your experiences!