- Room itself (at the 2nd floor, #206) = very large & clean, with a practical layout.
- Balcony = with a view to the sea in our case... in the distance, but still the sea! :)
- Beds (actually one for us, double) = quite comfortable.
- Entire design/concept of the hotel, including but not limited to the room' naming.
- Pool = not that big, but cute, a nice bonus facility; even though we didn't use it (we came, as usually when about Golden Sands, solely for the sea & sand), we appreciated it as it looked very clean at all times of the day.
- Hospitality and friendliness of the hosts = the elder gent on duty the first night/the second day advised me on the better spots besides the "official" ones (right in front of the hotel), and stayed with me during the entire time of my parking maneuvers beneath the lightpole across the street.
- The actual bus stop(s) = right next/in front of the hotel, very helpful if you want to skip driving to the beach (which we didn't), even though... well, better read the negative remarks column, too. :).
- Automatic water fountain at the reception desk, free of charge for the guests = again, didn't use it, but appreciated.
- Food prices in the area (the hotel offer just some grill/BBQ items at request) = we ate very tasty (no, I mean VERY TASTY, with an awesome thin and crispy dough) pizza, for example, at a place towards the beach, for around 5 leva per piece (11 lei/2,3 euro/$3), and also great fish-based dishes at "Danton" (located in a no-man's-land between Chaika and Golden Sands).
- Breakfast - two pieces of pastry based on cheese (just a tiny amount), one piece of something related resembling pain-au-chocolat, one glass of synthetic "orange juice", plus coffee/tea. Only the latter were (I had a coffee = long espresso, while my wife drank green tea) really good. Honestly, I don't know what they can do about this besides eliminating it altogether (in my opinion, it diminishes the overall value of the place & the nice travel experience/staying we had there). Maybe, just maybe some cheese/tomatoes/cucumbers/eggs - even on a small plate, not in a buffet layout - would do better.
- The 15-20 cm missing from the lower end of the shower curtain, that would have prevented water flowing out from the shower area to the whole bathroom - something happening no matter how careful you are. Really sorry for the mess I/we made there despite all our efforts not to. :)
- Parking space is limited - 5/7 cars (depending on the manner/extent to which some drivers understand the actual meaning of decent parking); not a huge issue, as you can find some parking spots nearby or across the street (perhaps best spot is under the lightpole, right next to the bus station across, where I was advised to park by the receptionist).
- Beach (& water in related area = Chaika) - something you can truly miss without missing anything; man-made of small pebbles, steeply getting down when reaching water (I am 1.92 m and I couldn't reach the bottom within 2 m from shore... besides getting my feet deep into the crazy, phony sand that also "killed" them). Make yourself a favor and go to Golden Sands. THAT is a beach.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Captain Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Captain Hotel Golden Sands, Bulgaria - Varna Province