“Great holiday!! Shame about my accident & unhelpful staff!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tiara Beach

You added Tiara Beach to your Saves list
Tiara Beach
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bourgas District, Sunny Beach 8240, Bulgaria (Formerly Iberostar Tiara Beach)   |
Ranked #22 of 205 Hotels in Sunny Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Great holiday!! Shame about my accident & unhelpful staff!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Couldn't fault the hotel when I first got there. I don't do package holidays but finances forced my hand, and Bulgaria was cheaper than everywhere else I ooked at. Never been to an all inclusive hotel, so was pleasantly surprise by what it had to offer, although I feel if I'd gone to the Caribbean, it would have been far superior, but obviously you pay more for that. Breakfast & late breakfast if you fancy a lie in. Lunch and dinner great. Only critism is that I felt the food was more catered towards the Germans & Dutch. But I didn't go for english food, I was in a foreign country. So I got on and just enjoyed the different and variety of food that was on offer. Lots of pork, veal, beef, squid, octopus, fresh tuna, turkey to name a few and plenty of veg, salad and the BBQ was great evey night. Drinks every corner of the hotel when you wanted, hot drinks, alcohol, cold drinks, red/white wine and beer, bars by the pool in the snack bar next to the water slides in the lobby. Oh the water slides, kids loved it, pool was cold but very refreshing because the temperature was never below 36 degrees. Reserve your sunbeds early, although a lot but not enough. Games room, kids club, evening entertainment every night. Shop was reasonable. Spa and internet cafe. Lots and lots of shops selling the same/similar things. VERY cheap in Bulgaria. Take a semi empty suitcase, you'll buy loads. Everything we have here. Loads of 'genuine fakes', can't get enough of them, make sure it's not made in China as they a poor quality, go for local or turkish made. Definately, value for money. The train stops right outside the hotel which goes to centre of Suuny Beach Resort and Nessebar. Beach was 5 minutes walk. Due to high temperature, 46 degrees the day we went to the beach, 5 minute walk, the sand burnt our feet and sea was warm, we ran back over the hot sand to go back to the cold pool at the hotel which was very refreshing. Had family room, very basic but nice and spacious, glad I paid extra for seaview. Front view at hotel not wonderful. Strongly recommend for families. Located towards the botton end of Sunny Beach which was quieter, but still busy even at night.

NOW THE BAD BIT (BE WARNED) - I had an accident (approx 2230) in the toilet near the restaurant in hotel. Slipped on a wet floor which had just been cleaned, there was no wet floor signage. Injured my elbow & hit my head, was in a lot of pain. I spoke to 4 members of staff and everyone of them was very UNHELPFUL!, Except the old lady who had clean the toilets 'Elena. She didn't speak any english but was the only person who offered me any assistance. Whilst I was in pain the staff just shrugged there shoulders as if they didn't know what to do or say. Ther receptinist Nedelina thought smiling would resolve the situation. Although there is a Doctor on site, they were not available. I asked to speak to the Manager but they were not available. I insisted the receptionist Nedelina contact them, which she did but was told the Manager couldn't come until in the morning. Eventually after my Mum intervened and got angry with the receptionist an ambulance was called. After receiving x-rays and medical treatment I left the medical centre with my arm in a sling, painkillers and a bill for 740 Bulgarian Lev. Initially I refused to pay because the hotel didn't advise that I would have to pay and furthermore they were neglient. I was forced to pay an excess for my travel insurance of 70 lev, and the medical centre would claim directly from my insurance. If I had paid the bill, I'd have been left with no spending money, not that anyone was bothered about that. All everyone kept saying was claim it from your insurance, they completely missed the obvious, which was the accident wasn't my fault. Even the Balkan Holiday rep told me the same thing. After I wrote a letter complaining and threatened the hotel with legal action and compensation, they agreed to reimburse my 70 lev. There was no apology, no offer of first aid or any other medical treatment, no empathy, no sympathy, NOTHING! Whilst guests are happy and everything was running smoothly, they can't do enough for you, but in the face of adversity they are clueless. God bless the UK for health & safety procedures. During the remainder of my 2 week stay the staff involved just ignored me. Just like an ostrich who buries his head in the sand, the staff involved especially the receptionist would just look away when they saw me.

Would I go back to Bulgaria, yes. Would I go back to Iberostar Tiara Beach, probably not because of their treatment and lack of responsiblity for my accident. It's a shame, but this hotel is a franchise of Iberostar Resorts and I will still be writing a letter of complaint to them and Balkan Holidays.

Room Tip: Every room has a balcony, but if you can pay extra for a sea view although you see the sand dunes an...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
Nairn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

this hotel was lovely, absolutely spotlessly clean, in fact the cleaners were constantly working round the clock. great lobby bar for afternoon drinks! friendly staff and great pool. you can't leave your towels on sunbeds before 10am, unless you stay with them - they will be removed! Food was good, but not always to our tastes, but there was loads of choice and plenty options, lots of variety. Our children loved the pool & the slides too, though if your child is smaller than 1m 30cm you need to sign a disclaimer to let them use the slides. We found this out on the 2nd day, after tears on the 1st day when our 6 year old couldn't go down the slides! Easily sorted out though at reception. We had a great holiday and would recommend this hotel. well worth it!

Room Tip: we had a quiet room at the front of the hotel, which meant no pool or sea view and it was a wall ins...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We stay here recently when the temperatures were very hot to us, mid 30's every day. The hotel is very clean and staff are very friendly. Lots of different nationalities in the hotel. Good variety of food, always plenty to eat, although not much is typically English style, but we are not in England. Not nearly enough sun beds around the pool, you had to get up early and guard them till the rest of your family had had breakfast, only 1 English language TV station in rooms .Air conditioner struggled to keep room cool. Adjoining rooms mean on the same floor, I doubt the hotel has adjoining rooms. Evening entertainment very poor by the hotel animation team, but plenty in the bars around the hotel. Very reasonable to eat and drink in Sunny Beach. although this sounds very negative I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Only 100 yards to the beach. Mini train from outside hotel to centre of Sunny Beach.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Arranged a football tour for 28 lads through Thomas Cook, and the hotel itself was a great find! Pretty much blanket satisfaction from the group, food was good, facilities and location excellent. Plus the resort is still good enough value to go out and not worry you're paying for something that's free at the hotel!

Rooms a little basic but very spacious, overall not far off the level of AI resorts in the Carribbean, but a whole lot cheaper! Great option for anyone on a budget, or looking for late Summer sun.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We have recently come home from a week at tiarra beach. We have had the best holiday, and our 3 year old daughter loved it. Everyone is very friendly and the animation team went out of there way to speak to our daughter and make a fuss of her every night. They were fab and so were their shows!! The hotel is extremely clean and the food/drink we found good too. We would definately good back, bulgaria is a beautiful place.

• Stayed July 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from tiara beach hotel to be honest the hotel is very nice and clean maids come every day to clean and they do a decent job the food was ok and the staff were nice and friendly. The floor where the water slides are is leathal as soon as it wet from people coming down the slides it's like ice seen so many people fall over adults and kids and they weren't running to I was amazed no one was seriously hurt it's the same around the indoor pool to leathal!

• Stayed July 2012
IberostarHoteles, Online Reputation Manager at Tiara Beach, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear guest,

As to us the vision of our clients is the clue to complete guest-satisfaction, we are very grateful for the time and effort you spent writing this review. We are fully aware that this is the best way to achieve superiority and excellence in our daily services.

We want to thank you for the advice on the safety around the swimming pool and passed your comments to our technical service so that they can revise the situation in order to study how this can be improved.

On the other hand we are proud and happy to see that you enjoyed all of our other services and we will certainly congratulate all of our staff that contributed to delight you with the culinary highlights, the immaculate cleaning and the and the friendliness whilst serving you. This positive feedback keeps us motivated to encounter the compliance of our demanding quality standards.

We hope that your stay was as pleasant as it could possibly be, and we would be enchanted to may accommodate you again in the near future.

Sunny regards from Bulgaria,

Online Reputation Manager
Iberostar Hotels & Resorts
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

After reading some of the reviews on trip advisor I was really apprehensive about staying at this hotel we stayed her this July 12 for 11 nights and had a great time.The food was varied and there was always something you could make a meal from if you were a picky eater.The comments regarding warm food there is a microwave in the restaurant for you to use if required.Rooms spacious and very clean the domestic s never stop you are always seeing them around the restaurant ,. hotel and even the pool area. We stayed at the hotel the same time as milly 345 ( the last review) and we never heard anything about guest being poorly.When ever we walked passed the doctors surgery he was reading his paper and never seemed busy. The hotel is well located and the staff are always helpful, we would definately go back,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Tiara Beach? Share your experiences!