Where do I start, 1 bar open out of 5, pool bar during day (ran out of beer and no cocktails) only sports bar at night.
No available indoor pool to use, swim up pool bar can only be used if you pay extra for drink (we were all inclusive and not allowed) Food “the worst ever and cold”, rude surly staff, dead mouse under sofa in room, dirty bathroom, mould growing in bathroom, two electric sockets hanging out of the wall, not loose but hanging out ( child height I might add)
The only pool available to use had filters turned off ,was green & cloudy by day 3 of our week stay. Dead mouse also found in pool.
Seagull poo all over balcony, despite reporting, this was not cleaned, broken brickwork to our balcony ( Gym was a joke, odd weights and broken machines) , Air con turned of in whole hotel as staff said it wasn’t needed. ( an American was offered a fan if they could find one!)
Rude security staff, staff didnt smile, no please or thankyou,s,
Holes in floor in restaurant (health & safety issue, many trips seen in there) No teaspoons, cracked & dirty crockery, unable to get a cup of tea unless it was restaurant opening times, ( machine when they worked turned off on the dot)Raw burgers, fruit riddled with maggots, Plastic cups in the bar indoors at night ( understandable around the pool ) but at night time!!!
No live shows, no entertainment, just elderly women playing the same songs every night on a piano. No animations all day around the pool.
Afternoon pool side snacks were reheated lunchtime food, left out uncovered for flies to land on - also cold ,
No room facilities for tea and coffee.
Al a carte restaurant was a joke, 2 set menus written on A4 paper taped to bar consisting of “wait for it”
Menu 1 Nicoise salad, broccoli with cheese sauce, Pork then Cake! Or
Menu 2 Feta cheese and olive salad, Zucchini, something else I forget and yoghurt with strained honey! Yuk, I was then shown another A4 scrap of paper stating that if we ordered wine in this establishment (and I do use the term loosely) we had to pay for this.
Tried to change money at reception at 10 20 pm and told quite rudely no! Finished, we informed them that the sign said exchange open 8am until .until 10 30 pm and it was only 10 20pm - money was changed with a “sign here” response.
Expensive to use beach daily as we had to pay for sun beds and parasols so opted to use beach towel ( deposit required also) and lay on sand, this is not allowed unless you lay road side as the beach area near the sea edge is reserved for paying customers. Could not afford to do this every day!
There is not enough room to say everything I have to say but if they were to give Bulgaria an enema then Victoria palace is where they would insert the tube.
To top everything off our flight was delayed from 4.05 am and we had 3 hours to wait with no info given out as to whyafter ariving via transport at 1,30 am and leaving just after 9am , no water handed out and people in wheels chairs not even checked on, told nothing with no apologies either, quite disgusting service and could not wait to get back to good old cold, windy (polite) Blighty
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Victoria Palace Hotel & Spa has been under renovation after listening to customers reviews. Two of our panorama lifts have been completely changed for season 2014 and number of rooms have been renovated. We are under a new management and efforts have been made to improve the product and the services. We are very excited to welcome our guests for season 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Victoria Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Palace Hotel Sunny Beach
- Victoria Palace Hotel And Spa
- Victoria Palace Bulgaria
- Victoria Palace Sunny Beach
- Victoria Palace Hotel Bulgaria
- Hotel Victoria Palace Bulgaria
- Victoria Palace Hotel & Spa Sunny Beach, Burgas Province, Bulgaria