My 7 year old son and i stayed here for one week from 18th June-26th June and we had a fantastic time.
Reading the previous reviews before we went had me in floods of tears and calling the head office of First Choice trying to cancel my holiday as i believed i was going to some dump but how wrong could i have been.
1. The hotel is built in an area next to a drinks distributor but it is a trendy clean hotel and when you are in the grounds you dont even know any different as to where you are as its gorgeous. People have to appriciate that Bulgaria is not a built up area such as Spain and other countries so please do your homework before going on holiday to a country like this. Considering that this is not a wealthy country yet they have managed to pull off a hotel like this is fantastic and i raise a glass to them as they are foing fantastic. A very big plus on the location is that there is a free hotel run shuttle bus you can use to take you to town and the beach if you cant face the short walk and there is also the little supermarket a one minute walk across the road which is so handy for night time munchies as well as sun creams and water floats etc. I wouldnt buy sweets and stuff from the hotel shop or use the mini bar, you get so much more from the supermarket for your money.
We had a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the waterpark and it was so clean and trendy. These people that keep talking about the showers flooding the rooms have me in fits of laughter. Its a bloody wet room so point the shower down and get under it and the water will stay in the shower - job done! Your not meant to point the shower at the wall and hope it catches you - thats why YOU are flooding the place lol, think some people may need to learn how to shower properly. The only thing that went wrong in my room was my air con was leaking and soaked the floor so within 1 hour of reporting this to my Rep Tom from First Choice it was fixed. Its not about having a problem its how it is handled that matters to me.
3. I highly recommend the Turkish bath with the lovely Ahmed as it sets you up for a sun kissed glow throughout your holiday as well as total relaxation. The sauna and steam room is also there to use as much as you want as part of your package.
4. The food in the hotel is very fresh and there is plenty of choice for everyone. Yes we may be british but there are other cultures there on holiday too so some of the things that we think is weird is just every day food to them so please dont be rude about it. I think its wonderful that a hotel just getting started is bending over backwards to try and cater to so many different tastes.
The que at the loby bar can be quite long at night however there are waiters walking around with large trays of beer to cut the que down and a little bar is also laid out outside with drinks and punch. The hotel have taken on customers comments and feedback about things like this and are taking steps to make things better by making improvements here and there.
5. The entertainment kicks off about 7ish with the kids disco and lasts until 11pm-11.30pm and yes it is loud so dont expect many early nights if you have a pool view but come on, you are on holiday :) I always travel with ear plugs anyway so this wasnt a problem for me.
6. The waterpark is just absolutely incredible and my 7 year old son loved minute of it from the lazy river to the biggest rides in the park such as the kamikaze, my heart was in my mouth but he was addicted to them. You can get free bottles of water from the Coca Cola bar in the waterpark too. If you fancy some snacks between meals then head to the pool bar next to the restaurant for your all inclusive snacks or pay for food in the waterpark cafe.
Overall i would definitely return to this hotel but for longer than a week next time. The hotel is improving every single week and the manager is fantastic and takes all comments and feedback onboard in order to make her hotel worth the 4 stars it has been awarded. Dont let negative feedback put you off, go and have your own experience. Happy holidays :)
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Nevis Clubhotel Sunny Beach, Burgas Province, Bulgaria