“Lovely” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairies Palace, Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sunny Beach
Fairies Palace, Hotel
You added Fairies Palace, Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sunny Beach Resort, Sunny Beach, Bulgaria   |
Ranked #4 of 205 Hotels in Sunny Beach
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

Stayed at the Fairies Palace from 30th August to 6th September 2014 and had a fantastic holiday. As described the apartments are on the outskirts of Sunny Beach, far enough away to enjoy peace and quiet at night but near enough to walk into the lively part of the resort (10 minute walk to beach, shops, bars etc). The rooms were exceptionally clean, the towels changed daily and the beds every two days, the maids although couldn't speak much English were very friendly. The outdoor pool was lovely and clean and maybe because of the time of year, there were always plenty of sunbeds available and we often had the pool to ourselves.
All rooms have a balcony on the front and back and air conditioning throughout. They have a cooker, kettle, fridge, hairdryer, ironing board, t.v and basic cooking utensils. We stayed in a room with our two teenage sons one had a single sofa bed the other a double sofa bed which was fine, though the single sofa bed was a bit small and uncomfortable and my son's feet hung off the end (hes only of average height). Overall a lovely place to stay for our first time to Sunny Beach if there is anything I would improve it would be to have light snacks available throughout the day i.e. sandwiches, there used to be a restaurant on site but this has closed. Also there are two bikes which are advertised as being free to use by guests, however when my husband went to take one out it had a flat tyre which the staff said they couldn't repair because they didn't have pump, also the table top football was broken. These are only small niggles and obviously didn't affect our stay at the Fairies. I would recommend this hotel for anybody who wants a peaceful and relaxing stay in Sunny Beach. We would also recommend the Action Waterpark which is only a 10 minute walk from the hotel and makes a fun, cheap day out.

Room Tip: No lifts we stayed on the 3rd floor which was fine for us however elderly guests maybe better reques...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Brierley Hill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

we stayed at the fairies from the 25th july until the 8th of august well what can i say rooms were great no fault at all very clean and the cleaners were very nice and friendly. Boris,Ivan and chris all members of staff at the fairies very helpful and friendly.We were staying in room 1 on the ground floor we had no problems with being on the ground floor in fact it did myself and family a huge favour as roads in bulgaria are VERY uneven as i came to a sticky end and broke my foot but the hotel staff were very exceptional in dealing with this little problem. This is very much for couples and familys only place as the previous review stated its very cosy there and you come to know everyone who is at the apartments .We as a family would defiantly stay here again as it's close to everything that you need from a holiday .

S. Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed at the Fairies Palace 19 July - 3 August, and had a fantastic holiday. The apart-hotel consists of 15 apartments and one extra which is used as a staff office. The apartments and grounds are cleaned everyday spotlessly and the maids do a fantastic job. Our apartment was on the 3rd floor of four, and there are no lifts. The apartments are quite spacious with a separate air-conditioned bedroom, with a small balcony, which has large twin beds pushed together, bedside units with reading lamps, dressing unit with stool and concealed hairdryer in drawer, and wardrobe in which only 7 clothes hangers were provided, so bring your own. The beds and pillows were quite comfortable and the bed linen was changed daily. The safety deposit box is in reception, and not in the room and costs 5 leva per day. The bath room has only a shower, no bath, and a toilet and hand basin. Towels were changed daily. The rooms are very quiet in the night and soundproofing is quite good unless they're having a party above or below you.
The main room is also air-conditioned, has a larger pool facing balcony, and has a dining table and four chairs, television (limited English channels), small sofa bed, and a chair which converts into a narrow single bed too. There is a full size cooker, refrigerator, electric kettle, and all the plates, glasses and cutlery, but no bottle opener.
The swimming pool is open from 8.00 am to 6.00pm, but this is where the only fault with the apartments is. There are not enough sunbeds to fulfill the needs of holiday makers at the busiest part of the season when children are on holidays and the rooms will be fully occupied. This led to us not even getting a sunbed for the first 2 days and I complained to reception on the 3rd day when guests were leaving their towels on the beds from that days sunbathing to reserve them for the following day. I was told if I wanted to reserve a bed for the following day then I needed to do the same as everybody else and reserve my beds. I did feel guilty doing this but as I hadn't managed to actually get any beds the first 2 days i just followed suit. Only once did reception actually remove the towels from the beds but by 2.00am they were all back on. By the side of the pool is a small whirlpool hot-tub and this costs 5 leva for about 20 mins. Inside the reception building is the small bar from where you can get a bottle of beer, water or soft drink and it was 2.30 leva for a beer and 1 leva for a bottle of water.
The restaurant is closed ( has been since last year ) and so is the supermarket that was in the building, but there are 2 supermarkets outside and one is literally next door, so no problem.
Reception staff were brilliant, especially pony-tailed Chris who loves to chat to the Brits. Reception does not change money but there is an official Crown Exchange around the corner, right turn at the traffic lights where you can also find a pharmacy.
Bank ATM is 5 minute walk away, just past the emergency medical center should you ever need it.
Great breakfast can be found at the 'Bolero' restaurant behind the apartments, full English breakfast, and coffee or tea - 7.50 leva, just over £3. Fantastic value and good quality food,
All in all a great stay, with friendly staff, and the apartment block being so small that everybody got on together and spoke to each other, and we had many a night drinking into the small hours of the morning with our new found friends.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stayed at Fairies Palace 26/6/14-10/7/14, I chose these apartments having read previous reviews and overall they were as described. Good location, close enough to reach the heart of the resort but far enough away to get a good nights sleep. They were clean on arrival and the maid kept them that way throughout our stay, changing towels and bed linen very regularly.

The air conditioning worked in lounge and bedroom and having a balcony front and back of the apartment was great. It was comforting to see 24 hour security on the gates, not that I saw anything that warranted it but the ground floor rooms could have been vulnerable I syuppose. I've seen a few comments about the pool being cold but I used it everyday and just found it refreshing,not freezing.

Now to a couple of negatives, I was a bit surprised to see another reviewer mention adequate crockery in the room. I experienced something different as I found a lack of cooking utensils and the bare minimum of cutlery and crockery. We were supplied with 3 very small dinner plates (barely bigger than a tea plate),3 mugs,3 glasses(one of which was cracked) and 3 sets of cutlery. We went as a couple so you might wonder what I'm moaning about, well my brother and his wife holidayed with us in their own apartment and on several occasions we cooked a meal for each other or had a drink in each others apartment, not having 4 of anything meant we had to take our own crockery and cutlery with us (and we had to remember to take them back to our own room,it was silly! We were charged an under occupancy rate for these rooms as they're supposed to accommodate 4 people so what's that all about?

Cooking in the room was also a bit of fun, one frying pan (good quality and seemed unused) and just a single saucepan which was huge,like a stew pan and no lid. A portion of baked beans for two looked lost in it and when I asked for another smaller pan I was told they had none? I ended up buying a saucepan and a veg knife (the only one supplied was a big carving knife,razor sharp and I didn't fancy loosing a finger end whilst peeling some spuds). Also bought a colander,straining spoon,veg peeler and a mixing bowl. I didn't spend a fortune on these things but I didn't expect to have to supply fairly basic equipment. I spoke to another guest who told me she'd found the same thing and had raised it with the hotel the previous year but it seems they'd took no notice. I obviously left the stuff I bought for the next guests and if the previous reviewer hadn't been there at the same time as me I'd have thought they'd been in our room and benefitted from my buys. I did leave feedback in the guest book about it, wonder if someone saw it and felt compelled to say something to the contrary?

Anyway it didn't spoil the holiday (be a bit sad if that sort of thing could) I mention it so that anyone else who likes to prepare the odd meal for themselves is prepared. We did eat out too (cooking our own wasn't because we're too tight to pay for a meal, if anyone's wondering lol) and food and drink is quite cheap in the resort.

I've had feedback via the agent and the upshot was that we had adequate cutlery etc as there were only two of us in the room,suggesting that stuff is put in and taken out dependent on the number of guests in the room, surely they don't move cups,glasses and cutlery in and out of the rooms,if they do they must have a shortage!

The icing on the cake was when they tried to charge me 6 lev for an alleged missing drinking glass as I sat waiting for the transfer coach when leaving. I couldn't get my breath, not only were there the same 3 glasses on the shelf when I left as when I arrived (one being cracked) but I'd donated new stuff, the cheek of it!

Having had my little moan it would't put me off going back, there were more plusses than minuses , oh and do watch the main road when crossing especially near the traffic lights, the cars seem to come from everywhere.

Room Tip: All the same apart from the two rooms on the top floor their balcony is bigger
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This apartments were very central, 10 minute walk from the main Strip and the beach. Lots of eateries round about and a supermarket right next door. 10 minute walk from the aqua park and very clean. Nice and quiet at night ,so no problem for sleeping with noise etc.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Just come back brilliant holiday great location staff very freindly very clean apartment air conditioned will definitly come back and would recommened it to family and friends. Super market next door great Indian restaurant over the road. Khans tent is a must

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

stayed at faries for two weeks from 22 june till the 5 of july we had room eight top floor both balconies where excellent had sun all day back and front our cleaner came every day and nothing was to much trouble for her also there where two supermarkets on the doorstep one sold fresh fruit daily and a cake shop up the road all baked fresh and well worth going to a lovely restaurant and bar across the road that done a lovely breakfast and really nice staff going back next year it will be our third visit to this lovely place but we like to try diferent hotels so we will be staying at klisura everything is so cheap from clothes to food and drink well worth going to Bulgaria from cleaners to hotel staff they are all very helpful and a little tip goes a long way ps try to book for kahans tent an excellent night of food drink and entertainment well worth the money so try and book through your rep roll on next year cant wait

Room Tip: try and get room eight as the front balcony is huge and pluss you have another off your bedroom
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Fairies Palace, Hotel? Share your experiences!