We stayed at the Palazzo in the middle of September for a fortnight. The Palazzo is geared for the 18 - 20 year olds and therefore very basic. Its clean enough with two decent sized pools.
We however found:
* Double beds are two singles put together.
* Bedding and pillowcases are clean but holey and frayed.
* Sinks have plugs that don't fit.
* Cuttlery consists of two knives and forks (even though there were three of us)!
* The sofa bed was too uncomfortable to sleep on!
* The sunbeds were full of flies due to not being cleaned!
* No beach towels are provided and sunbeds don't have covers on.
* The safety deposit box was stupidly expensive and we kept all money and passports with us!
These things probably wouldn't matter to 18 year olds, and the hotel is liveable for a fortnight, but if I was going to Sunny Beach again I would choose a nicer place to stay.
The hotel is a ten minute bus ride to the centre of Sunny Beach and costs 1 Lev (50p). We preferred quieter Nessabar, which is a town that's full of bars and shops and is 15 mins away on the bus (again 1 Lev). Both are walkable in 30 mins. Don't pay more than 10 Lev £5 for a taxi to either!
We found bars with beer for 50p and shorts are cheap too! Every toilet in Sunny Beach charges 1 Lev and most don't even have toilet paper or shut properly!! Sunny Beach is like Blackpool with loads of bars with entertainment on, places to eat, a funfare and shops! The place was starting to close down for the season as we left (20 Sept).
We loved the beach (5 mins walk away). Its the best beach we've seen for ages and great to swim in the sea. The sunbeds however are 8 Lev £4 a day with a further 8 Lev for a parasol! As there were three of us, we brought cheap lilos and sunbathed on them.
To sum it up, I would go back to Bulgaria tomorrow, but stay in a nicer hotel nearer the centre. We enquired about an extra room as the hotel was only 20% full. We were told it charged £60 per night which was more than the cost of the holiday and flights put together!!
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Hotel Sunny Beach
- Hotel Palazzo Sunny Beach, Burgas Province, Bulgaria