“Excellent French restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 12 Restaurants in Albena
Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions
Description: Opening on 24th May 2014 Take a culinary journey of France at the uniquely chic Ciel Bleu restaurant on the 17th Floor at Dobrudja Hotel in Albena resort. Savour a great variety of delicacies from different regions of France through an exquisite a la carte menu and an excellent wine list of over 120 local and international wine selections. Ciel Bleu is a fabulous venue for a gourmet meal or special occasion, offering superb panoramic views of the Black sea cost. Bring friends and family along to delight in the perfectly crafted atmosphere of Ciel Bleu.
uk
“Excellent French restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Went here for dinner as part of the Dine Around offer operated by some of the hotels - basically, if you book in advance you can swap a meal at your hotel for one at various restaurants around the resort. A great idea for a start. We saved this until the end of our holiday, thinking it would be a treat and how it was! I was expecting it to be so-so, but actually it was one of the best meals I've had in a long time.

The restaurant itself is quite unusual, in that it's basically the penthouse suite of the Dobrudja Hotel and there is a real retro feel to the place. If you sit by a window you get marvellous views over the resort. It's very clean and well run and the food was all delicious and well presented.

This place was far, far better than I ever expected and I would recommend it without hesitation. I would have been very happy even if I had paid full whack, but as it was included in the offer I was absolutely delighted. Don't be put off by the fact you have to go through the hotel to get there. Ciel Bleu was definitely the best restaurant we found in Albena.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere