Pleasant hosts and wonderful, genuine SL food, really delicious dinner all freshly cooked. We had the first floor room, comfortable bed, simply furnished. Small, spartan bathroom not en suite, no hot water in the morning, no toiletries. Polished concrete floors and lovely interior garden patios, smart furniture and layout. Upstairs garden patio with table and chairs but this was locked by the time we came back from our stroll (although I'm sure they would have opened it again, if we'd asked). Lovely sitting room adjacent to our room. Local architecture to see and get a flavour of life here. The hotel beach was recommended, the public one could have been lovely but wasn't clean. Far enough away from the train line that runs immediately behind the big hotel here, Mount Lavinia. Nice for an overnight stay. Thanks to very gracious hosts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mount Lavinia is the southern point of the City seascape, a beachside enclave, where the view at night is a fairyland of lights. The area is noted for its wonderful beachside Restaurants and Cafes. Mount Lodge is a few minutes walk from the beach and close to transport and Colombo City. This City Escape was designed by one of Sri Lanka’s leading Architects who induces an instant transformation in your mood, through the use of light, air and space. This Boutique Hotel offers three luxury suites, each with its own bathroom, living room and gardens. You may recognize a touch of the Raj. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Mount Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Hotel Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia
- Mount Lodge Sri Lanka/Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia