Stayed here for a night in early December of 2012.
Nice quiet location within 5 mins walk to the beach / 10 mins walk to main road.
We were given a refreshing welcome drink upon our arrival.
Our room was on the top floor on the right as you come up the stairs.
Nothing fancy - quite old but decent room w/hot shower and a mini tv.
Food in restaurant was pretty good, and the petite one-man-show gentleman running it was extremely chirpy, friendly, and charming.
You can also easily find street food vendors along the alley if you like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropic Inn, a family owned business for the past 30 years. Our hotel facilities and rooms are upgraded to present standards.We have 16 rooms and all with A/C and private bathroom. Free internet, cable T.V. Free breakfast. We have a restaurant that can accommodate upto 50 people serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Mount Lavinia is only a 15 minutes drive from capital Colombo. The only beach closer to capital Colombo. At tropic Inn we offer •Great customer service•Very clean rooms•Safe environment•A/C rooms & hot water shower•Free breakfast•Restaurantserving lunch & dinner•Free wireless internet•Airport pick up and drop service ( not free)•Early check- in, if rooms are available.Come and stay with us. You will love it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with T4B, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and HostelWorld so you can book your Tropic Inn Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropic Hotel Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia
- Tropic Hotel Mount Lavinia
- Tropic Inn Hotel Sri Lanka/Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia