When my husband and I first arrived, we were not happy with the room that was given to us. After we expressed this to the staff, they were able to quickly provide a different room that was to our liking! We stayed for about 4 days before going on to the north of the Island, where we actually stayed at hotel that is still by the same company that does the Palm Beach Hotel. The hotel in the north, called Galway Forrest Lodge was beauitful! (But that would be for a different review)
The beach isn't directly behind the hotel; instead, you woulD have to walk maybe 3 minutes but it wasn't really a big issue since my husband and I love walking around. I found the food to be very good and surprisingly, the menu offered a good variety. The staff incredibly helpful and always smiling.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and ask anyone to give it a shot!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Beach Hotel is a boutique hotel with large rooms and a nice pool side garden. Hotel is situated in the popular Mount Lavinia area known for restaurants and hotels for tourists and locals with many attractions. Hotel operates a beach cabana 500M away and reachable by a walkway. There are plenty of options for guests to explore and enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Palm Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Beach Hotel Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia
- Palm Beach Hotel Sri Lanka/Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia