We, 2 older guys, stayed 4 nights at the Palm Beach Hotel coming to Colombo mainly to renew our tourist visas. The good points first. The hotel has a very pleasant large swimming pool in a nice garden setting. The hotel from the pool has the appearance of the old British colonial era, and is cool and shady with wide verandahs and comfy sofas to lounge about in. The room we occupied was large and airy with a separate dining area and a fridge.and a small private balcony at the back great for drying clothes. Now the bad. The hotel seemed to be not very well run. Re the staff at reception, we were often left wondering if they knew what they were doing, whether their English was of a high enough standard to properly comprehend our questions. The usual response was 'Don't worry, it will be all right Sir', or 'I'll fix it for you'. Most often, our requests were forgotten. There was also a problem with connecting to the internet, and no one seemed to be able to find a solution. The restaurant was another problem. Unfortunately the kitchen was at the far side of the property to where the restaurant was, and that plus errors in communication meant trouble. We saw diners get up and leave in disgust. Finally, I got viral diahorrea while staying here which lasted 2 days. I can't be sure how I got it but I only ate at the hotel premises that day. I suspect that it was probably one of the waiters serving tap water which was the only thing my friend had which was different from me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Beach Hotel is a boutique hotel with large rooms and a nice pool side garden. Hotel is situated in the popular Mount Lavinia area known for restaurants and hotels for tourists and locals with many attractions. Hotel operates a beach cabana 500M away and reachable by a walkway. There are plenty of options for guests to explore and enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Palm Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Beach Hotel Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia
- Palm Beach Hotel Sri Lanka/Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia