“Colombo Divers” 5 of 5 stars

+94 77 736 7776
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Colombo Divers is the only recreational dive center offering diving and dive training in Colombo. In addition Colombo Divers organizes both local and international dive trips, and provides diving assistance around Sri Lanka. Owned and staffed by divers with a passion for diving and a love for Sri Lanka, Colombo Divers offers a range of internationally recognized PADI training courses carried out by certified instructors. All dive trips are led my dive masters with many years of diving experience and an in depth knowledge of local dive sites. Our team has experience in wreck exploration, technical diving, underwater photography and marine research, with extensive diving experience around Sri Lanka and outside. Experience the hidden beauty of Colombo, from shipwrecks to reefs teeming with marine life!
Bangkok, Thailand
3 attraction reviews
“Colombo Divers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Before my planned trip to Negumbo I sent an email to a dive centre (recommeded) asking about diving in that area in April. I was very sorry to read the reply saying that no diving would be available on he west coast in April. So I didn't take any of my own gear. While we were sitting on the beach I saw a dive boat pull up onto the beach. I followed the divers to the Colombo Divers shop. I then spoke to Shirek about the possibility of doing some dives. Shirek was very helpful, checked my certification and organised my dives for the following morning. It was great, Shirek's dad was my buddy. 30 years experience diving those waters, he is like a fish. :-)
Hope to see them again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Fantastic Family Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We recently went to Sri Lanka and by far the best activity was the diving training and dive trip with the Colombo divers was the highlight of our trip.
Big thanks to Sherik and the team for giving us such great experience.
When we go back to Sri Lanka next year we will definitely be calling the team for another dive trip.
PFC

Colombo, Sri Lanka
“brilliant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

First time into the deep sea and diving. Fantastic staff and friendly divers.Gave me a wonderful chance to explore the deep and see the fishes and eel live (exactly the same as seen TV).
For the visitors I recommend strongly.

Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We spent only 1 week on Sri Lanka and mostly in Negombo. After the first 3 days we have found this diving spot by the Jet Wing Blue hotel. We arranged a diving however we overslept and couldn't do it but no problem, the stuff was very flexible and postponed it for the next day. We were practicing in the pool for more than 2 hours with Sherik who broke his finger and leg the day before but still, he spent so much time with us in the pool. Next morning we were prepared for the Ocean. 3 of us dived together plus Sherik's brother who was just as skilled and helpful as his brother. I spent 47 minutes for the first dive and 52 minutes for the second dive underwater which is quite amazing as I have dived only once before. I can only recommend you to try it even if you are a beginner, you'll be 100% safe and you will experience something amazing!

Visited March 2014
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
64 attraction reviews
“A few things need a lot of attention”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had a taste of Colombo divers through their negombo center inside the jet wing blue resort. Having dived at other places, I definitely would like to see the following change:
1. Safety is of last priority: no life jackets on the boat and you are going deep sea. Too risky!
2. Last minute changes: till last day Sherick who is the main instructor was supposed to be diving with us. But On the day he dropped out quoting health concerns and sent his dad as a dive guide. Later when we came back we heard that he has gone out diving with other rich group.
3. Irresponsible to marine life: sheRick's father Vincent has 35 years+ diving exp but his approach is very unwelcoming. He kicked the corals and picked star fishes and frightened fishes. Why????
4. On our 3rd reef dive, we realized that there were very strong currents. Ideally many dive centers shift the dives since diving in such strong currents is not encouraged. He took us in and we had to quite withstand swimming against the current consuming all our air.
5. Appreciate if they can offer some snacks on board when you head out for 2 dives. Except water there is nothing else for you.
6. I requested for bringing a camera but they couldn't since they had only one. I missed capturing good moments.
7. We expect someone to do a small briefing before the dive on few essential checks and the geography of the site. Nothing happened. We just jumped into the water.!

Few bright spots:
A. Equipments are quite new and well maintained.
B. They take you to any dive spot and really don't try conning you.
C. They appear as simple and honest bunch of folks but they can be a lot more professional and well organized.