Had read a lot off good reviews about this resort from previous travelers. Well all i can say is, other than the affordable cost, their was nothing great about my stay.
We had booked 2 rooms, both of which were very badly maintained. Showers didnt work, toilets looked like no one had used it for ages, locks at the doors were not working, Swimming pool had dead insects.
Worst thing, my bed and pillows had ants all over. On complaining, the caretaker sprayed some spray, but again in the night the ants were all over.
The attendant at the restaurant was very arrogant. I dont know if he was new to the place or was just bugged with his work. He firstly took our order wrong, got the food after almost after 1 hour and when asked for an repeat, he said why we didn't order all at once !! Damn .. Food seemed fresh, but tasted very bad. The glasses in which we were served water smelled fish !!
Well the irony of all, "Beach Resort" .. yea right ! we had to cross a railway line outside the resort and walk a while before we could even feel the water.
Only silver line during our stay was our interaction with the manager. He was a sweet chap and gave us some good inputs for travelling around srilanka. He even offered to change our rooms after the ANT Attack.
We would recommend this hotel only to ones who are looking for budged stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In operation since 1972,one of the oldest budget hotels in mount Lavinia, which has been creating memorable holidays for thousands of satisfied visitors from around the world, such as USA, UK, Australia, Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands, Sweden, India, Maldives etc.Due to our long experience in the hotel trade we have many repeat guests. The main attraction in our hotel is located by the beach, adjoining to the famous Mount Lavinia Hotel and the affordable rates that we offer. Ranveli Beach Resort has 32 comfortable, Clean, well furnished rooms (with attached bathrooms) equipped with standard and Semi Luxury amenities. All A/C double rooms and family rooms are equipped with Air Conditioning, hot/cold water and cable TV and also over looking the Indian ocean. Most of our rooms are with private Balcony where can watch the incredible “sunset” or the breath taking view of the Indian Ocean.In addition we are famous for our very friendly and helpful staff. The well laid large Garden and our private beach can be used for “sun bathing & relaxing while enjoying the fresh air of the Mount Lavinia beach.Most guests like our “Rice & Curry “However our restaurant offers its guests a tasteful a la carte menu of Eastern, Western & International cuisine at a very low price. Sea food "Platter” which is prepared by our well experienced chef is delicious and popular. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Ranveli Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ranveli Beach Hotel Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia
- Ranveli Beach Resort Sri Lanka/Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia