“Off the beaten path” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites

You added Baymont Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2611 Old Red Trail, Mandan, ND 58554-1448 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Seven Seas Hotel & Waterpark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Mandan
North Dakota
“Off the beaten path”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had a gift certificate we won to stay here so we took advantage before Christmas. The check-in was quick and the people at the front desk were friendly. The rooms were average for a hotel. Nothing special really. The room was cold when we first got there as the heat was turned off. The pool area was for kids only in my opinion unless you like to use the slide. My son, 8, loved it, but there really isn't room for actual swimming. There was also a separate "baby" pool. I was a little peeved that they had 2 birthday parties going on at the pool-so it was packed with people that weren't actually staying there.
Probably not a hotel I would stay at again. It is in Mandan-far from all shopping except Wal-Mart. We didn't eat at the restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thanks for staying with us and writing a review on our hotel. We appreciate the comments and always look forward to getting feedback regarding our hotel. We are currently doing some remodeling of our hotel including painting and new granite vanities in the bathrooms as well as bedding. We are so glad to hear that your kids had a great time in the Indoor Waterpark as well.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again!
Karen Summers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dupree, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Hotel has black mold. that was not the only problem but the worst one. Heat didnt work -20 and wasnt even on at all in 3 rooms we had access to until we got there. Pool area not very clean. Only 2 towels in room for 4 called and asked for more they didnt have any clean towels available.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank your for staying with us and writing a review on our hotel. My sincere apologies for the condition of the guestroom. We are currently in the remodeling process and painting guestrooms as well as adding new mirrors and lighting to the bathrooms. We are also adding new granite vanities in the bathrooms which is absolutely gorgeous.
We do hope you give us another try and restore your confidence in us.
Mandan, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Excellent accommodations and customer service by the management and staff. I would definitely stay at this property again, The pool is amazing and is my kids favorite place to go! Very nice restaurant called Montana Mikes. Great family atmoshere!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for writing a review on your experience at the Best Western Seven Seas! We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience and the kids enjoyed the Indoor Waterpark. We definitely look forward to having you back again soon!
All the best to you in 2014!
Mandane/Bismarck ND, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel cannot keep a schedule and the place is filthy. I made reservation 3 weeks in advance with dinner reservations at 5 and a garentee that rooms would be ready no later than 3:00 pm. at 4:15pm they told me an additional 30-45 minutes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thanks for writing a review on our hotel. I sincerely apologize if you did not find our customer service to meet your expectations. We did have plenty of rooms ready for check-in at 3:00pm so there must have been a miscommunication in the room type that you were looking to check into. We will work one on one with our staff to make sure that this does not happen again in the future.
We appreciate your feedback and look forward to the opportunity to serve you again.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

I think most of the good reviews for this place must be coming from the newer part of the hotel. The majority of the rooms, however are in the old, smelly, run down part of the hotel. Don't let the nice, new, inviting lobby fool you.

For the last 4 years, my job has put me in hotels 2-6 nights a week and this is hands-down the grossest hotel I've found myself in. I'm definitely not a princess when it comes to accommodations, but I did end up asking for a new room because the one I checked in to was SO disgustingly FILTHY. The second room won't win any awards for cleanliness, but at least I didn't feel like I needed to sleep in my clothes.

First Room:
Filthy carpet. Hunks of debris and lint even in the middle of the floor...even a toothpick and what looked like a piece of dry macaroni beside the bed! Around the edges, there was about an inch wide strip of thick dust where the carpet didn't appear to ever have been vacuumed.

There was also a thick layer of dust on top of the TV and on the headboards as well as a finer layer of dust on other flat surfaces.

Dirty/splotched mirror and the frame around it had toothpaste splatters.

The coffee pot and coffee maker had a sticky grime on the outside as did the kleenex and soap holders.

Despite being a nonsmoking room, the bathroom smelled like cigarettes and even had what looked like cig burns in the tub (along with leftover hair from the last guest).

The inside of the toilet hadn't been scrubbed for a while.

So gross.

Room 2:
Carpet was cleaner. Less dust on TV and headboards. Mirror was clean. Toilet was clean.

Shower had leftover soap from previous customer. Tub was grimy. Coffee pot, kleenex holder, and soap holder were also grimy.

Staff:
They were very accommodating when I asked for a new room due to the filth in the original (but they didn't seem surprised).

Housekeeping staff is definitely a weakness. In addition to their obvious inability to clean a room, they also need a good lesson in customer relations. On my first morning, there was a tribe of three of them (one girl and two young guys) making their way through the halls. One of them knocked and then one of the guys yelled "housekeeping" very loudly. I heard them coming toward my room, so I opened the door to put the "do not disturb" sign out and the guy yelled "housekeeping!" right in my face. After I shut the door, they all irrupted in laughter and continued to giggle all the way down the hall.

Later on, when I was in the hall making my way to a meeting in one of the board rooms, I over heard one of the boys say that it only took him an hour to clean all of his rooms and that he was done for the day. The hotel was near capacity while I was there, so if he was done in an hour, it's clear why the rooms are in such bad shape.

The pillows suck and the heaters are nothing but wall units. The heater in the first room kept blowing cold air.

I'd use extreme caution if staying here. There are definitely better hotels just a few miles away in Bismarck.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for staying with us and writing a review on our hotel. My sincere apologies to you for the experience that you had during your stay. I have met with my Housekeeping Manager to make sure that we are inspecting every room every day. We are currently in the process of painting all of our sleeping rooms as well as adding new mirrors, lighting and granite vanities to the bathrooms which will freshen up the rooms and add a whole new look! We do hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Happy Holiday to you and your family!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed at the Seven Seas the night before Thanksgiving. Not only were the room rates very reasonable, it was all the extras that made our stay enjoyable. Karen, the general manager, personally went out of her way to make sure everything was taken care of. Our room was newly updated and beautiful. Immediately, our kids hit the Waterpark with their cousins and had the time of their life! They loved the water slide! Towels are provided in the pool area. I appreciated the "room key only" entry to the Waterpark, so that only guests were using the facilities. We also visited the lounge where drinks were cheap and the staff were very friendly. The food we ordered from Montana Mike's was delicious and our wait time was little to none! Because the restaurant was going to be closed on Thanksgiving, the hotel provided a free continental breakfast to guests. This was one of the added touches that made our stay enjoyable. I highly recommend the Seven Seas to not only people traveling through, but also to local residents as a mini get-away! We blocked rooms here for our wedding reception guests 8 years ago, and I would refer others to do the same today. -Michelle Z.

• Stayed November 2013
Thanks for staying with us and writing a wonderful review on our hotel! On behalf of our entire team, we are so glad that you and your family had such an enjoyable time during your stay! Our Indoor Waterpark is always a hit with kids of all ages! We are so glad you enjoyed Montana Mike's Steakhouse and the Big Sky Bar while you were here. Keep in mind Montana Mike's gift cards make perfect gifts! Again, thanks for staying with us and we look forward to having you back again real soon. Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Fargo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The service and accommodations were phenomenal. Front desk at check in and check out were friendly, helpful and went beyond what most places provide. Restaurant was great with good food and service. The kids enjoyed the pool and slide! The hotel was a little outdated, but this would not be something to prevent me from coming again....just putting it out there for those of you that enjoy bright, shiny, new.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your recent stay and writing a review of our hotel! We are so happy that you had a great stay with us and our team provided you outstanding customer service! We are currently painting all of our guestrooms as well as adding new lighting, mirrors and granite vanities to the bathrooms. We are excited to add a fresh new look to our existing rooms! We look forward to having you back again soon!
Happy Holidays!

Karen Summers

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!